Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Sometimes boeing builds them broken right out of the factory :cwl:
Straight up! I live in Charleston and it breaks my heart, as a lover of nearly all things aviation, to hear the crap that comes from SC-based Boeing aircraft.

Ladders in compartments, chewing gum used to “adhese” two parts together, etc… stupid crap.
Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Where are all the people who were on top defending Ford and blaming COVID for everything?

Ford, a multi billion dollar historic company behaves like that of my local furniture shop. You need to hire better engineers who can estimate things better and better executives who can have proper decision making.

Except Ford doesn’t care cause we’ll still buy these Mustangs.

A lot of people can order new 22’s but they are already behind others who placed orders. Worst case is for those who actually ordered specifications that will not be available in 22 - like Velocity Blue or Twister Orange M1s, though I guess the latter is super small.

Just absolutely horrible from Ford.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Really not a surprise to me given the current global situation.
Still a bummer.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
And to add to that, Ford hides behind dealerships who have to do the hard job communicating with customers and giving them the shit news. It also makes their life harder handling all these logistics and potentially wasting their time. Kudos to Granger as they are always on top of this but this is shameful for Ford, not that they care.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
And to add to that, Ford hides behind dealerships who have to do the hard job communicating with customers and giving them the shit news. It also makes their life harder handling all these logistics and potentially wasting their time. Kudos to Granger as they are always on top of this but this is shameful for Ford, not that they care.
Man, you really got it in for Ford dontcha?

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Straight up! I live in Charleston and it breaks my heart, as a lover of nearly all things aviation, to hear the crap that comes from SC-based Boeing aircraft.

Ladders in compartments, chewing gum used to “adhese” two parts together, etc… stupid crap.
It’s not just SC.
Everett has the same issues. Been a big culture change there and not for the better. I deal with them on a pretty regular basis and I can tell you I won’t be getting on the 777x until it has thoroughly proven itself reliable lol.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That’s part of a dealers job. The bad part. It’s never fun to give customers bad news. Necessary, but not fun.

Last edited:

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
Believe me. Any business that depends on multiple or in some case even single suppliers are having a real rough time right now. No one knows when/if /or how many parts will come in for orders, we don’t know what to tell clients, apologies get old, everyone is frustrated and then they raise the price on stuff they haven’t been able to supply in the first place. Let’s go Brandon!

Very weird time to have the name Brandon.......

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Man, you really got it in for Ford dontcha?
they made their own damn problem by relying on JIT international trade. Granted someone burning down the IC factory wasn't anticipated as such, but come on, that's why you farm the job out to multiple parties. Chips are as universal as components go.

Shaving pennies cost them dollars and thousands in goodwill. It's not just Ford, VW et. al. are staring lack of Magnesium in the face, and even Toyota which spent tremendous effort attempting to control risk got burned eventually.

The western world has gotten entirely too comfortable with "nothing goes wrong" that they've abandoned any semblance of resiliency or fault-tolerance. It's been decades in the making and we got a right royal taste of the natural outcome of broad stupidity.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
they made their own damn problem by relying on JIT international trade. Granted someone burning down the IC factory wasn't anticipated as such, but come on, that's why you farm the job out to multiple parties. Chips are as universal as components go.

Shaving pennies cost them dollars and thousands in goodwill. It's not just Ford, VW et. al. are staring lack of Magnesium in the face, and even Toyota which spent tremendous effort attempting to control risk got burned eventually.

The western world has gotten entirely too comfortable with "nothing goes wrong" that they've abandoned any semblance of resiliency or fault-tolerance. It's been decades in the making and we got a right royal taste of the natural outcome of broad stupidity.
Circuits are usually designed around a specific chip. If that particular chip is unavailable, then the circuit/board/product must be completely redesigned. That is, as long as there is an alternative to the previous chips capabilities. If there isn’t you’re S.O.L.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Fucking sucks for every one of you guys. Ford should stop building all the ecoboost and gt cars and prioritize only Mach 1’s and shelbys until the last day. Those can wait until next year.
They have parts for EB's and GT's. They do not have parts for Mach 1's and GT500's. Yes, it totally sucks but it is not really all that surprising considering everything that's been goin on all year.

It's a damn shame for the cancelled folks. Hopefully nobody loses a color choice.
If they ordered a discontinued 2021 color they are going to lose it. Another damned shame.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

I'm not sure how the entire Western World prepares for a Worldwide pandemic. No ones crystal ball is that good. The current supply chain has been in use for many years without issue. It took a total disaster for this to happen. You can try to lay blame anywhere you want but unfortunately it is what it is.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Very weird time to have the name Brandon.......
One of my coworkers is named Brandon. It's a riot.

On topic, '22s and procurement thereof is probably going to be interesting.....

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It’s not that simple. Large corporations/manufactures have to budget far ahead. This is a totally different can’o’worms than airline setbacks.

I have a good friend who was on the list for a ‘21 C8. He ordered in mid ‘20. In January ‘21, his dealer told him his order got pushed back. In March ‘21, they told him his order couldn’t be fulfilled and he was to be transitioned to a ‘22 MY C8. In the early summer they told him that his order was pushed back.

Short story long, he canceled the order because he kept getting told one story or another.

So… would you rather someone tell you up front that your order was canceled or drug along like my friend?
I'd rather the company gave the customer an option. Then it takes less of the fire out of the situation.

Cancelling orders (rather than just continuing to delay) is REALLY disrespectful to the customer. Truly.

They've waited all this time and you're just gonna wipe away (with no restitution) all the time they patiently waited. At least if they gave them a choice, hey, you'll be first in line (at the same price) for '22 model or you can back out of the deal with a full refund.

Then it's a customer choice. Instead, when it's simply a cancellation:

1) The one's who would have chosen to backout now have a more legi bitch/gripe. When it's their choice, they'll be frustrated, but they chose to walk.
2) The one's who are willing to wait get double foot ****ed because now they have to get BACK in line and pay more to do so.
Sponsored