Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
If they receive the information from Ford then they can inform you. If they haven’t had anything then there’s not really much they can tell you!
True but they should at least be aware of Mustang variants and not make silly comments like they only sell Fords! Especially if they are working in one of these supposed Mustang stores. Otherwise im not sure the point of dealers stores if they can't tell you any inside information, may as well just have everything online.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Otherwise im not sure the point of dealers stores if they can't tell you any inside information, may as well just have everything online.
correct there is no longer any point in dealships any more the sooner they all shut down with their dodgy sales people and shit customer service the better tbh

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think we can assume Mach 1 is not coming to the UK, Ford UK are such a waste of space.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Remain hopeful, versions have been spotted recently in RHD :like:

Could still be slightly watered down mechanically though ... ?

WD :yawn:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll try!

Although if they are shipped to OZ but not the UK :curse:

Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think we can assume Mach 1 is not coming to the UK, Ford UK are such a waste of space.
Have faith,i kept on asking my dealership about the Bullitt,he said they're not coming over at the same time deliveries were happening in the US,so i ordered a facelift GT.I picked it up on a Friday in March 2018 and asked them again,they said it wasn't coming over and had'nt been told otherwise.On the Monday Ford UK announced the Bullitt was coming over in limited numbers.(you can still get them 2 yrs later)I think the same thing will happen again and the Mach 1 will come here in limited numbers initially, only this time i might be lucky

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I can't imagine they'd build RHD versions (as pictured) and not sell them here in the UK.

Right now, Ford are still trying to shift the last of the '19MY cars by offering 0% finance (not available on the '20MY cars or Bullitt). So Ford's official line is "we don't currently have plans to sell it". Well, no, not right now. But I bet those plans change by Q2 next year.
21MY Mach 1 Euro Spec RHD 3.jpg
21MY Mach 1 Euro Spec RHD 5.jpg

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure they'll make up some nonsense about not shipping to UK because dosen't comply with EU regulations.

I'm hoping we don't get those rims!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watching the latest videos on the Mach 1, im more confident it will be coming here. Although I reckon Ford might pull a fast one and not give us the performance package version.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i wouldn't expect it to arrive here at all at least not without a considerable price 50k+.
we'll be out of the handover period with the EU so they'll no longer be able to put wheels on and spray a strip of black underneath it and claim "manufactured in the eu" to get tax deductions. so we'll either not get it at all or there'll be even higher tax on it and that'll be passed directly onto the consumer.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Bullit is £50k so I'm expecting the Mach 1 to be £60k

I'm sure they'll make up some excuse

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As we didn’t get Gt350 or Gt500 here I doubt Ford would spend cash homologating those tasty performance parts for Europe.

I do think a mechanically watered down spec car (ie current Bullitt spec) would make a nice special edition. Perhaps its even planned to replace Bullitt in 2021?

Not sure about those vents in the front grille - looks like the tops been chopped off as they’re not a complete circle like the 1969 Mach1 - marmite I guess. Would look nicer with some spotlights in there. Tuner opportunity?

Last edited:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well Ford won't be getting my money if they try those gimmicks. The Mustang is supposed to be bang for buck and at £50-£60k it needs to up it's performance game to keep pace with competition, let alone surpass.

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well Ford won't be getting my money if they try those gimmicks
personally I agree with you, but Bullitt sold very well. Bullitt is a very attractive car, even if it isn’t a Gt350...

Ford does a good job at making and marketing interesting cars (think ST line Fiesta/Focus and the 2 green Mustang colourways etc)

Mustang is one car which you buy with your heart and not your head. So I think mach1 - in any spec - would do quite well in Europe. If it’s fairly priced...

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
personally I agree with you, but Bullitt sold very well. Bullitt is a very attractive car, even if it isn’t a Gt350...

It's not my cup of tea but I perfectly understand some people like the retro look. I would like to now see a more "sporty" look version, like the GT350.
Ford need to up their game if they want to break into the £50-60k bracket. The people that can spend that money are not going to be bought off by gimmicks and nonsense like the ST line. They are into Porsche money.
Sponsored