2021 Mustang price list, incl Mach 1

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Thanks for that! So 55k plus what ever options, can you add the custom packs or is that only for the GT? Nearly 45 for a standard GT, long way from the 36 that mine was with all the options in 16!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Thanks for that! So 55k plus what ever options, can you add the custom packs or is that only for the GT? Nearly 45 for a standard GT, long way from the 36 that mine was with all the options in 16!
True but 5 years inflation, weaker exchange rate, better spec and more tax on initial purchase makes up the difference.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
True but 5 years inflation, weaker exchange rate, better spec and more tax on initial purchase makes up the difference.
Think the spec on the mach1 is awesome. Wonder how long these will be made and know what numbers

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Think the spec on the mach1 is awesome. Wonder how long these will be made and know what numbers
Not sure what all the fuss is about ref Mach 1. A few nice pieces but itā€™s a long way down the food chain from a GT500, but then again it is on this side of the pond...

In my understanding it replaced the Bullitt as the ā€˜premiumā€™ model variant, so it should be here for at least 1 year, more if demand exists - just like Bullitt was a ā€˜limited editionā€™ then thousands more built as it proved popular.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not being ā€˜arseyā€™, Iā€™m just interested :like:

So I know the euro is getting the Bullittā€™s 460 engine, but what about the coolers ? Thereā€™s no mention of those so I assume they are not on it ?

What about the 3.73 diff ratio and the Torsen, again no mention so are they omitted on the euro ?

Recaroā€™s arenā€™t standard, so itā€™s the more expensive of the Recaro options as you canā€™t do custom packs itā€™s already preloaded with them ?

I can appreciate the uplift for the appearance package.

The loss of parking sensor and acc - if your bothered in those kind of things.

I know the brochures are full of errors, (I found that out when I ordered my GT) so for the purpose of this exercise Iā€™m taking them as read.

I wasnā€™t sure if I would regret not delaying for a Mach but Iā€™m pretty sure the price for the spec I would want would have ruled it out for me anyway. Coupled with the omission of some of the dick waving attributes that I probably wouldnā€™t notice the difference anyway (power, coolers and diff) Iā€™m currently on the fence, leaning towards the ā€˜Ive made the right decisionā€™ side.

Im guessing that box would have been a nice thing to have though ... :like:

WD :like:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Not being ā€˜arseyā€™, Iā€™m just interested :like:

So I know the euro is getting the Bullittā€™s 460 engine, but what about the coolers ? Thereā€™s no mention of those so I assume they are not on it ?

What about the 3.73 diff ratio and the Torsen, again no mention so are they omitted on the euro ?

Recaroā€™s arenā€™t standard, so itā€™s the more expensive of the Recaro options as you canā€™t do custom packs itā€™s already preloaded with them ?

I can appreciate the uplift for the appearance package.

The loss of parking sensor and acc - if your bothered in those kind of things.

I know the brochures are full of errors, (I found that out when I ordered my GT) so for the purpose of this exercise Iā€™m taking them as read.

I wasnā€™t sure if I would regret not delaying for a Mach but Iā€™m pretty sure the price for the spec I would want would have ruled it out for me anyway. Coupled with the omission of some of the dick waving attributes that I probably wouldnā€™t notice the difference anyway (power, coolers and diff) Iā€™m currently on the fence, leaning towards the ā€˜Ive made the right decisionā€™ side.

Im guessing that box would have been a nice thing to have though ... :like:

The Recaros are replaced by slightly modified standard seats with a stripe in the seat back.

I assume the same diff as all UK cars - as in no Torsen diff.

Difficult to know about the custom pack bits as some are mentioned in the Mach1 spec and others not. Possibly the Mach1 has the equivalent of the custom pack ?

Magneride standard on the mach1

As usual UK spec is a bit of a mish mash of LHD specs

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Not sure what all the fuss is about ref Mach 1. A few nice pieces but itā€™s a long way down the food chain from a GT500, but then again it is on this side of the pond...
I like the extra cooling, and perhaps the tremec gearbox is better? I have no problems with my 2020 gearbox (feels as good as any other gearbox I've tried, though all others have been cheaper cars), but have not tried one with a tremec gearbox. Maybe it's better or stronger/more track robust?

Even as a very amateur track novice, overheating is a problem however, and I'm guessing I would not have that problem with the mach1, and would not need to add anything. But except for that, yeah, I'm not sure either there's all that much to get excited about specs wise.

Not much interest in a GT500 (too much power for me I think). Now, GT350 on the other hand ...

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Michael_vroomvroom - But do the euro's get the extra cooling, I'm not so sure they do ... ? :frown:

Sponsored

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
@Michael_vroomvroom - But do the euro's get the extra cooling, I'm not so sure they do ... ? :frown:

Ugh, that would be terribly silly if they do not. I can't belive they will not, but you're right, can't even take that for granted without confirmation. Thought I saw in some specs list someone posted for Europe or Australia that they do have the extra cooling, but not 100% sure.

I'm curious whether it will be possible to fit some or all of the extra coolers to the GT model too.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ugh, that would be terribly silly if they do not. I can't belive they will not, but you're right, can't even take that for granted without confirmation. Thought I saw in some specs list someone posted for Europe or Australia that they do have the extra cooling, but not 100% sure.

I'm curious whether it will be possible to fit some or all of the extra coolers to the GT model too.
Europe spec are very similar to US (LHD) it is RHD markets that get the half way house specs

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

The UK spec brochures don't list he coolers - but the UK brochures have proven to be terrible at getting the finer details correct.

Confirmed (with screenshots from ford) on another thread - UK spec is 3.55 trac loc diff i.e. same as the standard GT.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Launch effective 4th January 2021. First deliveries to UK/EU dealers as of end of March 2021.

Deletion of Ecoboost
Deletion of 55 Edition
Deletion of Bullitt
Introduction of Mach 1

Mach 1
Fastback
5.0L V8 460PS - 7,500 RPM Redline: GT350 intake manifold and open-air filter box with cone filter. 87mm throttle body. New engine oil filter adapter delivers oil to GT350 air-to-oil cooler.
6 Speed Tremec 3160 Manual with Rev Matching or 10 Speed Auto with upgraded auto transmission calibration.
3.55 clutch-based limited-slip differential (no Torsen)
Track Capable Cooling Package
Track Capable Aerodynamics Package
Unique Interior and Exterior Design
Unique 4.5" Exhaust Tips with perforations to enhance sound quality. GT500 lower fascia to ensure a perfect fit.
Michelin PS4S Tyres

Special Mach 1 Appearance Package available: Fighter Jet Gray body colour, satin black bonnet and side stripes with reflective orange accents, orange Brembo brake calipers, and orange interior trim accents on Recaro sports seats spec'd cars only.

Track Capable Cooling Package:
GT350 Transmission oil cooler on Tremec 3160. 10-speed auto has uprated torque converter, transmission calibration improvements, and secondary air to oil cooler increasing cooling capacity by 75%.
GT500 Rear axle cooling system built into the rear diffuser. Improved pump capable of 2-3 kW of incremental heat rejection.
Engine oil cooling capability increased by approximately 50% over Performance Package (normal GT).

Track Capable Aerodynamics Package: +25% downforce
GT500 rear diffuser for improved airflow and works in tandem with the rear axle cooling system.
New belly pan and front splitter. The belly pan is single most important aero upgrade generating the additional downforce.

Ride and Handling:
Latest Magneride calibration.
Stiffer anti-roll bars and front springs.
PP2 brake booster with faster response time.
0.5" wider wheels front and rear on 255 and 275 tread widths on PS4S tyres.
RHD models do not get the stiffer i-shaft steering shaft (LHD models do), but do get a new EPAS calibration.
GT350 front subframe and rear subframe with stiffer bushings
GT500 rear toe-link

Standard Equipment:
Ford CoPilot360
Navigation
Magneride
Thatcham Alarm
B&O Sound
Modified interior (leather seats for Mach 1)
Painted Brembo calipers

Optional Equipment:
Automatic transmission
Y-spoke alloy wheels
Recaro seats

That's quite a substantial difference to the Bullitt it replaces and you can see where the costs are. Obviously, whether it is worth that to you personally is another thing, but to me, my order is already in for one.
Sponsored