Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 PDI Checklist, HP Splitter Part Number, Wheel Lip Molding, Etc.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ford finally got off their ass and sent dealers a "summary" to remind them of what they should already know. I added this to the initial post too.

mach1024_1.jpg

Note that they say the parts are not VIN specific but then show the VIN of the car they are married to on the box. Ford should have also "targeted" sales departments so that they are clear as to how these parts are shipped.

09.JPG
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
This is the PDI that is used for Mustangs so the Mach 1 is included with other variants. Note that technically, splitter install on a HP car is not the dealer's responsibility (or Gurney Flap) but most will do it for you anyway. I also attached the PDI in pdf format at the end of this post.

2021pdi1024_1.jpg

2021pdi1024_2.jpg

These early Mach 1 Handling Package cars are showing up with the additional, bolt-on splitters missing. Even though this should get sorted out soon it is likely to continue to happen. For that reason I asked my favorite contact at Ford (thanks again B!) to take a look at this and see what he could find out regarding the part number via the HVBOM for a Mach 1 HP equipped car that I'm familiar with (and that showed up at the dealer without the included splitter). Sure enough, it is listed there and I highlighted the splitter part number in red.

2021 Mach 1 HP Georges car.JPG

Part number in hand, you can then look at the part listing and I again show the part number in red.

Mach1 splitter.JPG

Mach 1 splitter a.JPG

And he also sent me the right part number for the flares in case your dealer says they never got them (which they should have received in their parts department if you ordered a Handling Package car). The box I showed in another post had a few numbers on it and this link should clarify.

Part number: Wheel Lip Molding (Black) VMR3Z-16268-A

https://accessories.ford.com/moulding-12786.html#2021/Mustang

EDITED:

I wanted to add the copy of the splitter instructions that someone shared with me (thanks B!). Not sure I'm big on rivets here. Ford uses them on other splitters for various reasons but if you wanted to remove/reinstall it they are gonna make things a bit challenging when it doesn't have to be that way. They are a quick and easy way to secure the assembly together though.

111958.jpeg

Note they refer to it as both a PP2 splitter and a Handling Package splitter.

EDITED 4/20/2021

Ford sent a Handling Package summary out to the dealer network that should eliminate confusion on the dealer end (sadly, we know it doesn't always work out this way. PDF attached.

mach1024_1.jpg
hey epiphany . great collation ! would it be difficult to get the set up exactly like the factory HP ( from a non HP mach ) ?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
What? The supplemental manual for the Mach says it's supposed to be there. unless only for the HP model? Can you share where you see this on the order sheet?
I do not have it either. It is for markets that require it by law. The US doesn't so we don't get it. POS looking cast iron in black btw.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yeah missing a tow hook too. Iā€™m tired of going back and forth with my dealer. The cover took 3 weeks to get to me which had a sticker that said 2019 mustang Bullitt. Needless to say Iā€™m not having fun going back and forth with my dealer. They donā€™t seem to know how to fix these problems. But they did say theyā€™re sending me something in the mail for my trouble. Haha. Wonder what it could be?
A gross of prophylactics .................. šŸ¤£

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I got the HP package, so in about 4 months I will know. lol
If, you are on the island and it is required, you will get it. If you are in the city of in TX or FL, you won't.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
My 2020 Explorer ST did not come with the tow hook. It says do not load, even on a role back with out this hook. Just like the Mach there is a place for it but they don't ship it.
Have you ever looked under the small bumper cap on your ST ? There is no threaded collar for a tow eye !

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Where was it? In the trunk?
It has a spot to go in the trunk but wasnā€™t delivered the same time as my car. Almost a month behind. Still waiting on car cover from March 6.
Iā€™ll be ok but pretty frustrating. Seems like a long time

Sponsored
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The GT500, for whatever reason, has been as anti-logistic positive as can be. Doesn't matter what it is, it will take longer than it should have even with a large buffer for typical delay BS. Seeing that the Mach 1 is trying to keep up in this regard lessens the pain but only a little. Covid has screwed up the world and we are seeing it in every way possible with our beloved pony car.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Nailed it !

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was sent to me yesterday and was shared throughout the dealer network service departments.

Mach 1 PDI note.JPG

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
"I got mine." :rockon:

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
2021 Mach 1 HP Georges car.JPG

Part number in hand, you can then look at the part listing and I again show the part number in red.

Mach1 splitter.JPG

Mach 1 splitter a.JPG

I wanted to add the copy of the splitter instructions that someone shared with me (thanks B!). Not sure I'm big on rivets here. Ford uses them on other splitters for various reasons but if you wanted to remove/reinstall it they are gonna make things a bit challenging when it doesn't have to be that way. They are a quick and easy way to secure the assembly together though.

111958.jpeg

Note they refer to it as both a PP2 splitter and a Handling Package splitter.
Iā€™m trying to extrapolate splitter fitment based on this post. If the HP splitter is essentially a repurposed/repackaged PP2 splitter does that mean any splitter that is listed as PP1 compatible will fit the Mach 1? Seems like a reasonable assumption, curious if that is also your understanding based on the above.
Sponsored