Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 PDI Checklist, HP Splitter Part Number, Wheel Lip Molding, Etc.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
This is the PDI that is used for Mustangs so the Mach 1 is included with other variants. Note that technically, splitter install on a HP car is not the dealer's responsibility (or Gurney Flap) but most will do it for you anyway. I also attached the PDI in pdf format at the end of this post.

2021pdi1024_1.jpg

2021pdi1024_2.jpg

These early Mach 1 Handling Package cars are showing up with the additional, bolt-on splitters missing. Even though this should get sorted out soon it is likely to continue to happen. For that reason I asked my favorite contact at Ford (thanks again B!) to take a look at this and see what he could find out regarding the part number via the HVBOM for a Mach 1 HP equipped car that I'm familiar with (and that showed up at the dealer without the included splitter). Sure enough, it is listed there and I highlighted the splitter part number in red.

2021 Mach 1 HP Georges car.JPG

Part number in hand, you can then look at the part listing and I again show the part number in red.

Mach1 splitter.JPG

Mach 1 splitter a.JPG

And he also sent me the right part number for the flares in case your dealer says they never got them (which they should have received in their parts department if you ordered a Handling Package car). The box I showed in another post had a few numbers on it and this link should clarify.

Part number: Wheel Lip Molding (Black) VMR3Z-16268-A

https://accessories.ford.com/moulding-12786.html#2021/Mustang

EDITED:

I wanted to add the copy of the splitter instructions that someone shared with me (thanks B!). Not sure I'm big on rivets here. Ford uses them on other splitters for various reasons but if you wanted to remove/reinstall it they are gonna make things a bit challenging when it doesn't have to be that way. They are a quick and easy way to secure the assembly together though.

111958.jpeg

Note they refer to it as both a PP2 splitter and a Handling Package splitter.

EDITED 4/20/2021

Ford sent a Handling Package summary out to the dealer network that should eliminate confusion on the dealer end (sadly, we know it doesn't always work out this way. PDF attached.

mach1024_1.jpg

EDITED 5/29/2021

Mach 1 PDI note.JPG
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I was hoping the wheel well molding was the gray color like the rear spoiler

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
This is the PDI that is used for Mustangs so the Mach 1 is included with other variants. Note that technically, splitter install on a HP car is not the dealer's responsibility (or Gurney Flap) but most will do it for you anyway. I also attached the PDI in pdf format at the end of this post.

2021pdi1024_1.jpg

2021pdi1024_2.jpg

These early Mach 1 Handling Package cars are showing up with the additional, bolt-on splitters missing. Even though this should get sorted out soon it is likely to continue to happen. For that reason I asked my favorite contact at Ford (thanks again B!) to take a look at this and see what he could find out regarding the part number via the HVBOM for a Mach 1 HP equipped car that I'm familiar with (and that showed up at the dealer without the included splitter). Sure enough, it is listed there and I highlighted the splitter part number in red.

Part number in hand, you can then look at the part listing and I again show the part number in red.

Mach1 splitter.JPG

Mach 1 splitter a.JPG

And he also sent me the right part number for the flares in case your dealer says they never got them (which they should have received in their parts department if you ordered a Handling Package car). The box I showed in another post had a few numbers on it and this link should clarify.

Thanks for this info ! Have passed on to dealer

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why is the pic showing the PP2 splitter in the document :D
Ford documents are always ripe with errors. I can't ever tell if it was simple mental error or an intentional effort to obfuscate (for whatever reason).

@Epiphany thank you for all of the Mach 1 info you’ve been getting for us! Do you have a way of getting part numbers for the Mach 1 emblems (side and rear) and the rear seat delete kit?
Part number for the RSD will be the same as any CFTP GT500 or the GT350R. The three are 100% identical across the board.

For emblems, etc, have your dealer look at the HVBOM for a given Mach 1 VIN.

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Great info, Thank you!
Is anyone else missing the tow hook that's supposed to be in the spare tire area? Mine is MIA .
My dealer doesn't know shit so wonder now what.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

2021pdi1024_1.jpg

2021pdi1024_2.jpg

Mach1 splitter.JPG

Mach 1 splitter a.JPG

Really great information. Thanks. Quick question... does that lip molding work with the non HP flavor of the MACH 1?

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Great info, Thank you!
Is anyone else missing the tow hook that's supposed to be in the spare tire area? Mine is MIA .
I have the order sheet for my car. It explicitly says "Less Tow Hook". So that's the deal...

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have the order sheet for my car. It explicitly says "Less Tow Hook". So that's the deal...
What? The supplemental manual for the Mach says it's supposed to be there. unless only for the HP model? Can you share where you see this on the order sheet?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great info, Thank you!
Verify that you have the threaded bung welded to the bumper beam by popping off the cover and taking a look at it. If you do then just order the current S550 hook as used on export Mustangs, the GT500, and Mach 1's that are so equipped. Should be EM2Z-17A954-A
TOW HOOK.JPG

How are all these dealers so incompetent?

Really great information. Thanks. Quick question... does that lip molding work with the non HP flavor of the MACH 1?
Fenders/liners should be the same so I don't see why they wouldn't work on non-HP Mach 1's.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Great info, Thank you!
Yes mine was not included. But not sure if was supposed to be ?

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It'll be listed in the HVBOM. Have your dealer's parts department take a look or print it out for you. All they need is your VIN.
Sponsored