Sponsored

2021 GT w dealer installed Roush phase 2 blower & bad cats after 3/36k warranty & responsibility?.......

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Yeah I’m sure they do that for a reason. If your cats are fried though those should be covered by Ford. You’re well within the 8 yr 80k period. I would just show them that section of the warranty of the dealer is hassling you. Provided by Ford Motor Company should be good enough for them
Absolutely for a reason, simply devious... if you look in the ESP you will not see any coverage for cats at all. Everything else except that... (mind u, I don't have an esp) I was reading the coverage 411... then u look at there emissions warranty 411 and they still don't list cats.. only "other components"... it should be listed...
No dealers have given me a problem.. as of yet.. my home dealer replaced the driverside cat at 16k miles 3 weeks ago... I'm just preparing for the future especially since my 3/36k is ending March 2024... and I can't buy an esp due to the Roush blower that I had installed at a certified Roush/Ford dealer.. such bullshit!!! All that certified Ford roush horseshit, if I would've knew that I couldn't buy esp warranty after 3/36 was over, I would've never bought the package from dealer and would've just got the Shelby gt500 right off the bat... because buying an esp for 10 years was always my plan. LONG TERM KEEPER.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Absolutely for a reason, simply devious... if you look in the ESP you will not see any coverage for cats at all. Everything else except that... (mind u, I don't have an esp) I was reading the coverage 411... then u look at there emissions warranty 411 and they still don't list cats.. only "other components"... it should be listed...
No dealers have given me a problem.. as of yet.. my home dealer replaced the driverside cat at 16k miles 3 weeks ago... I'm just preparing for the future especially since my 3/36k is ending March 2024... and I can't buy an esp due to the Roush blower that I had installed at a certified Roush/Ford dealer.. such bullshit!!! All that certified Ford roush horseshit, if I would've knew that I couldn't buy esp warranty after 3/36 was over, I would've never bought the package from dealer and would've just got the Shelby gt500 right off the bat... because buying an esp for 10 years was always my plan. LONG TERM KEEPER.
I wouldn’t worry about the 3/36 as it relates to emissions. That is its own 8/80. My ESP does not cover emissions either, that’s a federal regulation so the manufacturers/aftermarket warranty companies don’t have to provide an extension on that since it already goes beyond the bumper to bumper (at least that’s my interpretation). And the cats are listed as a covered item specifically in the Ford warranty. The Roush warranty only replaces certain items in the Ford warranty. Whatever is not specifically listed in the Roush warranty is still under the Ford warranty, emissions included. So you’re good for a while yet on the emissions. But I get it, an ESP for the Roush would be nice to have that’s for sure, especially if cats were covered. If you have issues with cats down the road, I suppose you could ask for the GT500 cats. They’re obviously manufactured to handle high hp and the heat generated by the blower. If you have a good relationship with your dealer they might do you a solid there.

IMG_2537.png

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I wouldn’t worry about the 3/36 as it relates to emissions. That is its own 8/80. My ESP does not cover emissions either, that’s a federal regulation so the manufacturers/aftermarket warranty companies don’t have to provide an extension on that since it already goes beyond the bumper to bumper (at least that’s my interpretation). And the cats are listed as a covered item specifically in the Ford warranty. The Roush warranty only replaces certain items in the Ford warranty. Whatever is not specifically listed in the Roush warranty is still under the Ford warranty, emissions included. So you’re good for a while yet on the emissions. But I get it, an ESP for the Roush would be nice to have that’s for sure, especially if cats were covered. If you have issues with cats down the road, I suppose you could ask for the GT500 cats. They’re obviously manufactured to handle high hp and the heat generated by the blower. If you have a good relationship with your dealer they might do you a solid there.

IMG_2537.png
It should be mandatory for all service managers and members to learn and understand there own warranty information on the vehicles they are selling, so they are knowledgeable when customers ask them questions, just like i did..... They are clueless!!!
The dealer would never install the GT500 exhaust on my GT, they would say they cant warranty it lmaoooo prb don't know how to install it. Clueless........ Plus the cats are $5Gs for both lol, no thanks.......

P.S. AS WELL AS FORD WARRANTY SERVICES IN CORPORATE IN DETROIT!!!!!!!!! WTF! tHEY TRANSFERRED ME 3X TO 3 DIFF DEPT AND STILL DIDNT KNOW THE ANSWER, SHAME ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARRANTY DEPT TRANSFERRED ME TO PARTS, HUH?!?!?!??! NO JOKE...........................

Last edited:

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Install Catless longtubes and never look back.
Is your car considerably louder than it was with the prior exhaust configuration? My car is borderline pissing off the neighbors on cold start after I installed an H-pipe even with active exhaust quiet start.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Had a 2018 with the Roush P2. It melted both cats at 7,000 miles. Less than a year after I had the kit installed.

Bought a 2019 and the P2 was installed at 700 miles. Took the cats off immediately and put on LTH's. Blew up the engine at 21,000. Not covered by warranty but was covered by Geico Mechanical Breakdown Coverage, even with the mods. Geico and the dealer made me put the exhaust manifolds back on and the Roush tune. Had car less than a month and drove it hard one day in the summer. Melted the cats. Dealer said it may not be covered under warranty because I took them off.. Ford still covered it. Geico dropped me because it cost them $13,500 for the new engine.

LTH's are going back on in August.. The cats are junk.

Sponsored

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
Is your car considerably louder than it was with the prior exhaust configuration? My car is borderline pissing off the neighbors on cold start after I installed an H-pipe even with active exhaust quiet start.
It’s louder but I start it in the garage with the door closed and then open it when the idle
drops.

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
It’s louder but I start it in the garage with the door closed and then open it when the idle
drops.
I do that too but when it’s cold in the garage (40s or less) it takes several minutes for the idle speed to drop. I’m unsure if I want the engine running that long in an enclosed garage.

I don’t mind somewhat loud exhaust. Heck, I often drive around with the windows down so I can enjoy the exhaust notes. Maybe I’m weird but I bet others on this forum do the same. 😁

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have active exhaust and a Borla Type S exhaust. It's pretty loud during a cold start but with headers? Holy crap was it LOUD when cold started in Normal mode. You could not talk or hear if you were standing or walking behind it. It scared people if they were around when I remoted started it.

Quiet mode was *better* but maybe a little louder than Normal mode starts without the headers. I have a love hate relationship with the volume the headers provide. It sounds good, but oh boy is it loud. If the Roush P2 wasn't on the car to back it up, I wouldn't want the noise.

As for *my* neighbors? IDC what they think. Most of them know my car and love it.
Sponsored