Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang leaked specs: 720HP @ 7500 RPM, 650 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM, 4225lbs curb weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I knew some dumb fuck was going to try and attack my age.

Happy it took you twice the amount of time to afford a GT350? LMAO
Admins, That's enough!
Please have this young man correct his demeanor or remove him.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Billy who? Hahahahahahaha
This is a 22 year old that obviously has all of the answers when it comes to our present day S550 Mustangs and a just waste of time and effort responding back to him IMO.

:yawn:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The mods are sleeping at the wheel or are laughing thier asses off. I believe the latter. Anybody seen that ban hammer around?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
LOL!!! I was waiting for it to come out. Especially when he made the Disney world reference LOL.
How does this even relate to my age? I have no desire to go to Disney now, but I know growing up in a fairly poor family, my parents always aspired to take their kids to Disney. I bet if they had an extra $40k, they would've done that rather than keep blowing it on cars

However, he is right. You can make almost any car outperform another..
Holy fuck, are you actually agreeing with my whole point??

Albeit, he has lost sight of his opinion and considers it fact. Additionally, he has made grand assumptions of many in this thread as well as being rude. He will not concede nor will he understand. That is just something that will come with time, pragmatism.
A harsh truth is still a truth. You can't tell me that if I would've found a more sugar coated way to say "the GT350 is a waste of money and gets outperformed by the PP2 for less", the end result wouldn't have still been "Shut up douchebag! You're just a broke/jealous kid who can't afford S H E L B Y".

Maybe the GT350 guys should be a bit less sensitive... you know, "snowflake" and all

LOL, get back to flipping burgers, kid! :crackup:
Sorry a burger flipper can afford your car, oops

Admins, That's enough!
Please have this young man correct his demeanor or remove him.
The mods are sleeping at the wheel or are laughing thier asses off. I believe the latter. Anybody seen that ban hammer around?
This is just too funny... when all the old heads realized it was an educated 22 year old who could afford their car, they went BERZERK and called for a beheading! LMAO

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No, I just think it's you and your effect on people. I think you singlehandedly ruined this thread while still providing some entertainment factor. Thanks for the laughs kid.

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No, skidpad figures pretty much just shows how much grip the tires have and how loose the suspension is... loose suspension + more mechanical grip, but less control, which is what'll turn slower lap times. Skidpad is a VERY ineffective method of testing a car's "handling"

And no, they were separate tests, which leaves room for interpretation. However, Motor Trend (the ones who tested the PP2 in my quote) are notorious for having a garbage skidpad, so those numbers are up for interpretation. I'd guess same skidpad same day, the PP2 would put down higher numbers
While I agree skidpads don't say anything about the subjective handling of a car (which backs up my comment that I can "feel" the subjective difference in the character of a GT350 and determine it's better than my GT without being reckless or breaking any laws), it's a bit of a joke that you're saying that separate tests and skidpads "leaves room for interpretation" (I happen to agree) but there's no interpretation of laptimes from amateur journalists on different days with different drivers comparing lap differences of differing tracks. :cwl:

I knew some dumb fuck was going to try and attack my age.

Happy it took you twice the amount of time to afford a GT350? LMAO
Your last sentence further reinforces your immaturity and offensive behavior on this forum. Car enthusiasts (or anyone) should never put someone esle down for their financial position in life and flaunt their better fiancial position over another. That's called a douchebag.

If its true or not, you really sound like a spoiled brat whose parents probably bought your car for you.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
No, I just think it's you and your effect on people. I think you singlehandedly ruined this thread while still providing some entertainment factor. Thanks for the laughs kid.
Might be, or might just be that Shelby guys have sensitive egos (far more likely). Keep in mind, this wouldn't have happened if the GT350 guys didn't start swarming. It was successfully relocated to a thread more PP2 related, but then a whole thread of GT350 fanboys came in HOT after it was announced that it moved to a new thread

While I agree skidpads don't say anything about the subjective handling of a car (which backs up my comment that I can "feel" the subjective difference in the character of a GT350 and determine it's better than my GT without being reckless or breaking any laws), it's a bit of a joke that you're saying that separate tests and skidpads "leaves room for interpretation" (I happen to agree) but there's no interpretation of laptimes from amateur journalists on different days with different drivers comparing lap differences of differing tracks. :cwl:
See, here's the thing though... I never said it wasn't open to interpretation. In fact, I'd even say I'm the one that was arguing it IS open to interpretation, as the general consensus is that "a GT could NEVER match a Shelby!" whereas my view is "it's a very likely possibility that the PP2 could be faster". You have to remember, I'm not the ONLY one who has spoken in absolutes, we're all guilty here

Your last sentence further reinforces your immaturity and offensive behavior on this forum. Car enthusiasts (or anyone) should never put someone esle down for their financial position in life and flaunt their better fiancial position over another. That's called a douchebag.
THAT'S LITERALLY ALL THE GT350 GUYS HAVE BEEN DOING IT! Have you not seen all the "you just can't afford it!" "you're just trying to justify that you're too poor for a GT350" etc??? Holy fuck, talk about a witch hunt!

If its true or not, you really sound like a spoiled brat whose parents probably bought your car for you.
See; "grew up in a fairly poor family"

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
That was my point, Einstein. Especially when said burger flipper (i.e. you) lives in mom's basement and has zero living expense obligations. This is hilarious!
"That was the point"
No, it wasn't. I can absolutely tell you your point wasn't to "prove" that someone making minimum wage could afford your $60k car

"living in mom's basement"
>owns a house
>owns 4 cars
>owns 2 motorcycles
>owns a Jetski

Yeah, ok

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the general consensus is that "a GT could NEVER match a Shelby!" whereas my view is "it's a very likely possibility that the PP2 could be faster". You have to remember, I'm not the ONLY one who has spoken in absolutes, we're all guilty here

THAT'S LITERALLY ALL THE GT350 GUYS HAVE BEEN DOING IT! Have you not seen all the "you just can't afford it!" "you're just trying to justify that you're too poor for a GT350" etc??? Holy fuck, talk about a witch hunt!
Please quote anyone with a Shelby who talked down to a GT owner for not being able to afford a GT the way you did to me. Please post a quote where anyone said a GT could never be made to be faster than a GT350.

It's all in your head and you're the defensive one making things up and trying to prove a point that everyone already knows and does not care about. You're the one implying people are stupid for paying more for a Shelby when you can make a GT faster for cheaper. I hate to break it to you, but that's the ENTIRE performance car industry. You can buy racecar's or modify used cars for less. If that's your jam, go for it. If you want a Shelby, buy a Shelby. Don't be a dick like you are and say how much better your purchasing decision is and how you can be better than someone else for less money -unless their goal is to compete and dollar/performance is their priority.

You grew up in a poor family. Could afford to go to Nurburgring and ship your GT there at 21 and now buy a 2018 GT at 22, a $4k watch, house, bikes, and jetski. I'd love to hear your story, not that it really matters that much.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I mean, Randy Pobst sure did...

You GT350 guys sure seem to act like you own some kind of supercar that could NEVER POSSIBLY BE BEATEN BY SOME PEASANT IN A GT!!

And no, you're wrong. It doesn't have "unique suspension geometry that can't be replicated", it has some springs and some aluminum knuckles, both of which can be AND ARE sold in the aftermarket.

No, skidpad figures pretty much just shows how much grip the tires have and how loose the suspension is... loose suspension + more mechanical grip, but less control, which is what'll turn slower lap times. Skidpad is a VERY ineffective method of testing a car's "handling"

And no, they were separate tests, which leaves room for interpretation. However, Motor Trend (the ones who tested the PP2 in my quote) are notorious for having a garbage skidpad, so those numbers are up for interpretation. I'd guess same skidpad same day, the PP2 would put down higher numbers

No, you can't. The DOT makes speed limits so that you can't legally surpass half a G in a turn. Therefore, if you ARE surpassing that, you ARE driving recklessly. You don't need to "brag", you're talking to an avid track driver here. Your whole speech of people buying the car because "its unique, special, and an amazing car" is literally exactly what I've been trying to say, that people buy it because it says "Shelby" and then get a god complex about it. The clutch is actually worse than a GT, the steering is the same, the engine has "cool" factor but is worse than the 5.0 in terms of usability and reliability, and the trans you could EASILY swap into a GT and still have money left over to make EVERYTHING ourperform an R.

Please get your dictionary out, ANYTHING you knowingly intend to buy and sell at a later time is an investment.

To answer your question, the better idea would be to buy the one with the least overall net loss, which would probably be a base PP2, as it'll be bought for $45k and in a few years be worth about $30k, but you'll have an extra $20k to invest in an appreciating asset to offset the depreciation of the car, rather than the $65k GT350 that'll be worth $40k in that time with no other assets to recuperate.

But, FYI, I was literally just in this situation last year. I determined that "Car A" isn't "better in every single metric" or "subjective feel", doesn't hold it's value all that much better, yet costs MORE for insurance and gas, thus making it the worse "investment", and a god damn name is CERTAINLY not worth $20k. You may like when fanboys cream all over your front splitter because it has the "SHELBY" word on it, but that's not my priority

Um, except it does, and there's statistics to support it beyond your uneducated opinion having only driven one of the 2 cars being discussed. "more *peak* power and torque" doesn't mean shit when it doesn't actually make the car accelerate any faster. You literally believe that because one car says the magic word "Shelby", it's an unbeatable supercar. News flash man, there's evidence to support just how fucking wrong you are

This is just retarded, We're comparing 2 V8s you fucking mongoloid. With the 911 comparo, I don't have enough Porsche knowledge to confirm, but if it is the case that you could easily build a MUCH faster car for the price of a GT3 within the factory warranty, then yes, they would be stupid to buy a GT3 just for that fancy schmancy name
Oh boy. You're so wrong on so many fronts, but you're too young and stupid to realize it. You've clearly got some psychological trouble going on, especially when it comes to people or things that you perceive as being better, because you have an unnatural hatred for things higher in rank or "name". You just got to be the little guy that proves he is better bigger or faster than the known "big boy".

Very, very obvious you aren't an engineer lol

Who said skidpad grip was about handling? I specifically defined it as testing static cornering grip. It is a constant, controlled environment. And no, you can't "cheat" the skidpad lol it combines the qualities of the suspension, tires, wheels, chassis, and the balance of the overall vehicle and gives an indication of maximum sustainable lateral grip.

Bud I'm a civil engineer, and I can assure you I'm more aware of how a road is designed and constructed than you are. And clearly, you've never driven on the roads here LOL the guidelines, hint hint, NOT always followed to a T.

I have yet to see literally anyone, not a single person, on here or in person who owns one of these refer to them as a Shelby, or be proud to show off that its a Shelby. I'm 27. The Shelby name means nothing to me. Nobody who is serious about driving buys this car because its a Shelby LOL

You lost me when you said the 350 will depreciate faster than your PP2. That is hilarious at best. Historically, the special edition mustangs hold their value far better than the GT's. Every, single, time. There has yet to be one that has depreciated more. But you carry on, ya know, since you think you're the Wolf of Wall Street and all.

Again, you're obsessive hatred with names is just weird. Nobody is paying more for the Shelby name over a GT. Nobody is buying a GT3 over a Carrera S for the name. We buy these cars primarily because of the engine, and how the rest of the car is connected and balanced so well. And you are going to use a single piece of lateral G evidence to say it is a better car? LOL

And what does it matter that we are comparing two V8's? I'll explain, as to a child. One V8 has a typical, normal cross plane crank that 99% of V8's have had since their inception. The other, has a flat plane crank, that has only ever before seen in supercars and exotics. Two completely different things. NOBODY sees them as "just two V8's. One has a normal V8, one has one of the most unique engines ever built. So yes, I'll happily introduce the Ecoboost reference, you monkey, since it can whoop your GT's ass for far less money while saving money on fuel that you can invest back into your penny stocks LOL
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.