Sponsored

2020 Shelby GT500 Canyon Carving — We Tackle Angeles Crest Highway With the 760 HP Ford Mustang!!!

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
New video from our friend Evan.

Sponsored

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
New video from our friend Evan.

Tell me if Iam wrong but Iam looking at the video and in particular the driver. Now what I see is a guy that actually looks kinda uncomfortable in those Recaro's. Here's why I think that. Look at how is outer edges of his body and shoulders do not actually fit into the seats but are outside of the frame of the seat. I could be wrong and he certainly is not going to admit it but he truly looks like that seat would not be comfortable. Would love some feedback. I do not have on order the Recaro's but it wasn't the price that kept me from ordering them. Just the pure thought that they might be very uncomfortable.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Chuck: I think a reasonable analogy would be mud boots. They'll fit quite a few folks but not everyone. For sure comfort in Recaros is all about your build.

I love them in my '14 but I'm only 5'8"/150#.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Tell me if Iam wrong but Iam looking at the video and in particular the driver. Now what I see is a guy that actually looks kinda uncomfortable in those Recaro's. Here's why I think that. Look at how is outer edges of his body and shoulders do not actually fit into the seats but are outside of the frame of the seat. I could be wrong and he certainly is not going to admit it but he truly looks like that seat would not be comfortable. Would love some feedback. I do not have on order the Recaro's but it wasn't the price that kept me from ordering them. Just the pure thought that they might be very uncomfortable.
Chuck, most of the report I have heard is if you are of a larger stature, the fit is uncomfortable. From the medium to smaller guys (me), they are pretty comfortable, except maybe for long drives, then there is some ass hurting reports. I am a big fan of the standard premium seats, and I originally went with them, but the look of the Recaro in this car (especially cars with white stripes) made me go for them this time. That, and I am a massive 5'5" so I will fit fine. I went and sat in a 2019 GT350 with Recaro to be sure I liked them, and I did very much.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Chuck: I think a reasonable analogy would be mud boots. They'll fit quite a few folks but not everyone. For sure comfort in Recaros is all about your build.

I love them in my '14 but I'm only 5'8"/150#.
That's good info to know as I'm 5'7" and I've been wondering whether they would be comfortable!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm a svelte 6'0, 215lb hunk of man and find I fit the Recaros from the S197 GT500 and the S550 GT350 perfectly. That said, I did make a few 14hr drives in the GT350 and upon arrival I felt as if I had been in a torture chamber for months. The Recaros are great for aggressive/track use or around town but are on the opposite end of the barcalounger spectrum when considered for lengthy travel use. You will be punished after 6 continuous hours in them.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
They are canyon carving like grandmas. I’m
Typically waking everyone up in the N GA mountains when I’m coming through being chased by M3s and Evos. That’s a Sunday drive to church...
Sponsored