2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Hello from a new member.

Back in early 2018, I bought a 2018 F250 and told the dealership that I was actually trying to buy two vehicles with the second one being, a GT-500. I even got a signed statement from the Sales Mgr saying that the maximum ADM would be $5k. I waited...

Then, about two weeks ago, I got the call that the order banks were open and my dealership had a GT-500 allocation and I needed to come out and make their allocation "my way." I did and got super excited.

Got another call a few days later and learned all about the Golden Ticket. Talk about depressed..geeze. The allocation guy told me that they might get 3-5 GT-500 allocations by the end of the year but there was no guarantee that any of them would be a Golden Ticket. So, I figured it would be sometime next year before I could even order the car.

Wonder of wonders, day before yesterday, I got another call telling me they GOT ONE and it had my name on it! I couldn't believe it.

So here's the main thing I wanted to tell the forum. I spoke with the allocation guy yesterday and he said that he talks or exchanges email with their Ford rep every day and since the failed order, he's been bugging the guy for a ticket every day. Out of the blue, this rep came up with one! So tell your own allocation guys to bug their reps, maybe you'll get lucky, too.

BTW, the order is for a Rapid Red, TP, black painted stripes, and all the goodies. $106,285 and no mention of an ADM...yet.

Good luck!
golden-ticket.jpg
?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgflip.com%2F20r82d.jpg

dsroka80503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible
So I will add more rumors to the mill. Placed order a few weeks back, got call today from dealer saying "Bad news, you can't get the carbon track pack, only base model. Oh and the mark-up over sticker stays the same"

Called owner of another dealership that I have bought a few SuperDutys from and asked WTF. This is what he told me. He knew the golden ticket concept and said there were only 7 allocated across the country, one per region. Ours here in Colorado went to a huge dealer in Denver. The owner's dealership I spoke with was the largest mustang volume dealer and they had 2 allocations for non-carbon pack and both were sold. Some dealerships didn't get any. Got a call from the original dealer who did more research and confirmed there were hardly any carbon packs built and the over sticker was 100K plus. Third dealer said theere was a lottery for golden tickets and they didn't get one. All seemed to think that they will not see any more allocations this year.

Not sure if going to cancel for the base model at this point, no idea if this is even accurate but what I was told.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
So I will add more rumors to the mill. Placed order a few weeks back, got call today from dealer saying "Bad news, you can't get the carbon track pack, only base model. Oh and the mark-up over sticker stays the same"

Called owner of another dealership that I have bought a few SuperDutys from and asked WTF. This is what he told me. He knew the golden ticket concept and said there were only 7 allocated across the country, one per region. Ours here in Colorado went to a huge dealer in Denver. The owner's dealership I spoke with was the largest mustang volume dealer and they had 2 allocations for non-carbon pack and both were sold. Some dealerships didn't get any. Got a call from the original dealer who did more research and confirmed there were hardly any carbon packs built and the over sticker was 100K plus. Third dealer said theere was a lottery for golden tickets and they didn't get one. All seemed to think that they will not see any more allocations this year.

Not sure if going to cancel for the base model at this point, no idea if this is even accurate but what I was told.
You're right "rumor mill". I don't believe that story. The part I don't believe just for the record is the 7 Golden Tickets across the country. Ford/Shelby has already put out a press release that they are going to build 1,250 cars with the CFTP/Painted Stripes option which in essence is the much cussed about Golden Ticket.

dsroka80503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible
You're right "rumor mill". I don't believe that story. The part I don't believe just for the record is the 7 Golden Tickets across the country. Ford/Shelby has already put out a press release that they are going to build 1,250 cars with the CFTP/Painted Stripes option which in essence is the much cussed about Golden Ticket.
So found the golden ticket car in region and it is still available. They ordered it without stripes, go figure. I was told by the "7 comment dealer" that the press release that ford released was not accurate anymore. I am just relaying what I am told.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Absolutely Chuck.

The dealership near me is the largest Shelby Retailer in the US. They currently have 8 total allocations, 2 of which are CFTP. They are expecting more, either from additional future allocations or buying allocations from other dealerships.

I am told that many buyers are challenged with negotiating ADM. So large dealerships with multiple allocations are starting to order the 2020 GT500 for stock. Evidently cars on the showroom floor are much easier to negotiate.

Keep in mind that VIP/Retail takes priority over stock orders.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

They have no clue what they are doing.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Just talked with the dealer I ordered though in July (heā€™s in the Dallas area) and he told me:
- They have 5 allocations; none are CFTP.
- Have sold 3 so far: two at $15K ADM. Mine was not nearly that high...but Iā€™m sworn to secrecy.
- They took an order for a CFTP for someone hoping to eventually get one. But none on the horizon right now. He didnā€™t say what the ADM was for that request.
- Says they are bombarded with calls & emails regarding these vehicles. Expects to sell his last two allocations shortly.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
I have a question on allocation. Iā€™ve had my base on order for about 2 weeks. When I spoke to the salesman he informed me they would be getting an allocation and he did not say that he didnā€™t already have the allocation and led me to believe they already had an allocation. Anyways they allowed me to order the car to my specs. Today he tells me he has a call into his ford rep about the allocation and is now telling me that he doesnā€™t know if they will be getting one and that it would be a few weeks until he knows and I put a 5,000 down deposit to even order the car. Not sure what to think of this but if anyone can offer advice I would appreciate it. Makes me think they are trying to screw me and sell the allocation to make money. Thanks

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I have a question on allocation. Iā€™ve had my base on order for about 2 weeks. When I spoke to the salesman he informed me they would be getting an allocation and he did not say that he didnā€™t already have the allocation and led me to believe they already had an allocation. Anyways they allowed me to order the car to my specs. Today he tells me he has a call into his ford rep about the allocation and is now telling me that he doesnā€™t know if they will be getting one and that it would be a few weeks until he knows and I put a 5,000 down deposit to even order the car. Not sure what to think of this but if anyone can offer advice I would appreciate it. Makes me think they are trying to screw me and sell the allocation to make money. Thanks
It sounds like he probably was hoping for another allocation that might not happen after he sold his 1 guaranteed allocation. This is the fear I have for my order

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
It sounds like he probably was hoping for another allocation that might not happen after he sold his 1 guaranteed allocation. This is the fear I have for my order
I have a base unit on order and still waiting on a CFTP allocation from a different dealer. While possible ,the second dealer may still yet earn another CFTP allocation , I didnt want to risk not having a car.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Do you have a dealer code and Oder number on any paper work? If so call Ford performance and find out if itā€™s in the system they can tell you if itā€™s unscheduled material hold or clean then you have an order if they donā€™t have it then you donā€™t.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Do you have a dealer code and Oder number on any paper work? If so call Ford performance and find out if itā€™s in the system they can tell you if itā€™s unscheduled material hold or clean then you have an order if they donā€™t have it then you donā€™t.
It says unscheduled material hold on the order

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
It says unscheduled material hold on the order
Copy I have always called Ford performance after I ordered it a couple weeks later to see that they have it in there system if they have it I have always felt comfortable that Iā€™m getting what I ordered