Sponsored

2020 Mustang GT 5.0 coolant leaking from where return hose connects to the reservior?

dhillon2ar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mandeep
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
I got my car serviced at Ford dealership and they told me that my car is leaking coolant and their pressure test confrimed that the hose needs to be replaced. The leak is minor.
They said they will need to drain the coolant, replace the hose and vacuum fill new coolant and quoted me $500 for the job.
Does this sound right, or is there a diy like cutting of the last 1/2 inch of the hose and reconnecting it to reservior and replacing the clamp? Kindly suggest.
Sponsored

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
I would cut as little as possible and reconnect it. Sounds like that would work.

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
I got my car serviced at Ford dealership and they told me that my car is leaking coolant and their pressure test confrimed that the hose needs to be replaced. The leak is minor.
They said they will need to drain the coolant, replace the hose and vacuum fill new coolant and quoted me $500 for the job.
Does this sound right, or is there a diy like cutting of the last 1/2 inch of the hose and reconnecting it to reservior and replacing the clamp? Kindly suggest.
You're thinking about this correctly. No way would I pay $500 for this.

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
If you’re going through the trouble of it, I’d source the OE preformed hose and just slap that on.

Then fill w/desired coolant & distilled.

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
Get a hose and slap it on.
If the coolant reservoir is anything like my 2015 model, there is a vent in the top facing the engine. No need to vaccuum anything. Just fill it up, let it run, and you're good.

You can raise the front end for extra assurance while it's burping itself, if you want.

No dang way I would pay $500 for this.

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bunch of youtube videos showing how to do it if you want to watch them. Pretty common issue.

OP
OP

dhillon2ar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mandeep
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Thanks everyone! Appreciate the quick response(s).
Sponsored