2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 2

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Haha. You are such a dark realist. I’m jacked up for sure, but will get some sleep.

Still fu*#ing excited.
No, I'm just a realist.
Excellent news however. Save it up for when its on the way to the dealer. They don't normally just turn them around. They have to be offloaded into received status. Then you have to wait for the next transport to your dealership.

Save it up my friend.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
After seeing this, I might not sleep tonight.
Many here know that feeling all too well, John and I for one couldn't be happier for you!

CONGRATS!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Because I’m not willing to pay 25 over? I wouldn’t buy a hellcat. The TRX is a truck.
No - because you seemed to flake out over and over...and complained that you had been waiting many more months than you had been...which is just strange.

Go get that truck.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
@Tomster yep, praying for a smooth delivery and a near perfect car.

Got a PPF shop picked out that was recommended by several locals. Still trying to decide if I’m wrapping in gloss or stealth.

Gott suggested stealth on the car and gloss on the stripes. Not sure I want to deal with the seams though. Need to decide soon.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
@Tomster yep, praying for a smooth delivery and a near perfect car.

Got a PPF shop picked out that was recommended by several locals. Still trying to decide if I’m wrapping in gloss or stealth.

Gott suggested stealth on the car and gloss on the stripes. Not sure I want to deal with the seams though. Need to decide soon.
Have you seen stealth? I only used it on my Rs because 2 of them were matte black stripes. I dont care for it, but if you put gloss over matte, the stripes would become gloss.

You paid a lot of money for painted stripes, I certainly wouldn't mix and match because you will benleft with seams.

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Have you seen stealth? I only used it on my Rs because 2 of them were matte black stripes. I dont care for it, but if you put gloss over matte, the stripes would become gloss.

You paid a lot of money for painted stripes, I certainly wouldn't mix and match because you will benleft with seams.
I haven’t seen it in person yet... but have you seen this video? I really don’t want seams on the car. I might have the installer do half the hood to check it out and see what matte looks like. It will probably be easier to decide once I see the car in person.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I haven’t seen it in person yet... but have you seen this video? I really don’t want seams on the car. I might have the installer do half the hood to check it out and see what matte looks like. It will probably be easier to decide once I see the car in person.

The matte has a milky hue to it. I could go out and take some pictures of the stealth that was placed on my black stripes. It seems to have that appearance sitting in the car looking down the hood on the stripes.

Whichever you choose, I wouldn't mix and match, that would put seams on the stripes you just paid 10K for.

Edit:
I just looked at the video, That car looks nice.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
John, my vote is gloss all the way. Congratulations buddy, the wait is almost over.