Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
Status Update:

Congratulations Jared :bow::bow::bow::bow:

@Surfergeek - DELIVERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

fireworks_05.gif
dancing-babies_320_front-flip_horizontal-flip.gif
Thank You Earl!!!!! Today was exactly 1 year to the day after putting the order in. Can’t wait to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for making the waiting process so much better!!!

cbrown9619

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor, 2016 Roush F-150, 2018 F-250, 2016 S63 AMG, 2020 GT-500 (incoming)
Earl,
Is there any new info on the CFTP cars that are stuck in rail yards across the US ? I understand there are 41 of them wasting away in the yards, with no information from Ford as to why they were stopped from going to the dealers and when they will be released. Mine has been in the yard since June 16....a month today.

Who else on the Forum is waiting for theirs to be released? Speak up?
I believe my CFTP has been in the railyard since the first week of June. No updates from the dealer or Ford Performance.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Earl,
Is there any new info on the CFTP cars that are stuck in rail yards across the US ? I understand there are 41 of them wasting away in the yards, with no information from Ford as to why they were stopped from going to the dealers and when they will be released. Mine has been in the yard since June 16....a month today.

Who else on the Forum is waiting for theirs to be released? Speak up?
I'm not sure how many days into the CFTP hostage crisis I am into. I'm still waiting to hear from Penske for their list of demands.....

Bob1023

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition 2015 Mercedes Benz SLS GT AMG Final Edition 2020 Ford Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 2021(?} Ford GT
I'm not sure how many days into the CFTP hostage crisis I am into. I'm still waiting to hear from Penske for their list of demands.....
Mine is the CFTP car at the plant waiting to go to Penske. Mine has been “In Production - Received” since June 25. I chatted with Ford Performance this week and basically got no information. The wait continues for a car that was “Sent to Plant” on March 18 before production resumed.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Mine is the CFTP car at the plant waiting to go to Penske. Mine has been “In Production - Received” since June 25. I chatted with Ford Performance this week and basically got no information. The wait continues for a car that was “Sent to Plant” on March 18 before production resumed.
I don't think I will be chatting with FP anymore. No substantial information. As pleasant as they are, you get more timely and useful information on this site.

chase99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Raptor
Been at the Penske black hole since 6/18! CFTP build with painted roof so less stripes going on. I really believe cars are getting shuffled out of sequence. Appears cars built after my produced date with painted stripes getting shipped and delivered. Short of an inside source at Penske the unknowns will continue!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Been at the Penske black hole since 6/18! CFTP build with painted roof so less stripes going on. I really believe cars are getting shuffled out of sequence. Appears cars built after my produced date with painted stripes getting shipped and delivered. Short of an inside source at Penske the unknowns will continue!
I'm not going down this road again with Ford Performance. One of my GT350Rs was much like this experience. I waited about a year and a half for that one. The FoMoCo is supposed to be experts in manufacturing. Any rhyme or reason that you would start something that you would not/could not finish? I knew something was up when my estimated delivery date went from 7/4 to mid August. If they were sitting inside somewhere, it wouldn't bother me that much. But like others who have their cars sitting in a rail yard or a parking lot somewhere, it is senseless, careless, and a slap in the face to see other cars ship right out.

How much you want to bet these cars that have been sitting so long will wind up being delivered looking like epiphany's car?

Here is a sneak peak of what everyone's car is going to look like because Ford cant finish what they started.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/oxidation-rust-etc.136914/

In anticipation, I already bought a bottle of this

white diamon.jpg

chase99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Raptor
I’m ready to place a delivery driver that goes to Penske on my payroll! Know one with a good phone camera? Geez this is total BS! My dealership had a base model show up last week without any notifications! They were confused when the car showed up! Way to go Ford! Might get a Bronco delivered before this 500!! Lol!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I’m ready to place a delivery driver that goes to Penske on my payroll! Know one with a good phone camera? Geez this is total BS! My dealership had a base model show up last week without any notifications! They were confused when the car showed up! Way to go Ford! Might get a Bronco delivered before this 500!! Lol!
So you propose a jailbreak? Let me know if you need a wheel man.

Edit:
Here is a link to the metal polish that epiphany needed for his car when he finally got his
https://www.amazon.com/White-Diamon...te+diamond+metal+polish&qid=1594995054&sr=8-2

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Does anyone have an idea as to why some CFTP cars are being held up and others go through quickly? There is no reasonable way to tell what the process is? I really don't see Ford offering the POTTS next year. It seems to be to painful.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have an idea as to why some CFTP cars are being held up and others go through quickly? There is no reasonable way to tell what the process is? I really don't see Ford offering the POTTS next year. It seems to be to painful.
Some say it is the strut spacer issue. Your car should have been affected, but judging by how quick your car shipped out, apparently it wasn't.

I would be surprised if painted stripes were offered for '21.

chase99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Raptor
Please don’t think any less of me for saying this but if my car shows up and needs Metal Polish the C8 Z06 with museum delivery sounds good!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I have flown...
Same four here, Tom. :-)

And thanks, D for whatever it is you contribute to the industry. <smile> My lips are sealed. <laughing>

(I wonder how many wives have unknowingly spread TS info over the years?) <VERY big grin>

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Please don’t think any less of me for saying this but if my car shows up and needs Metal Polish the C8 Z06 with museum delivery sounds good!
Why would you be afraid to speak your mind? You are going to be paying a boat load of money for this car. Your opinion is valid and welcomed as far as I am concerned.