2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Unfortunately I did not really start looking for a GT500 until mid July as I originally did not have any interest in another Mustang due to having a much smaller garage in Arizona along with getting older and getting ready to retire.

Prior to relocating to Arizona I sold off some of my cars due to the above and had no intention of ordering a 2020 GT500 but then one morning I woke up and realized that this may be my very last chance to own a newly designed Mustang before I end up in the dirt therefore started looking for an allocation starting July 17th and got very fortunate to find a car in late July.

Based on recent communication with people in the know my car will unfortunately not be assembled until next Spring therefore I am in the same boat as you and nothing that I can do about it and will also try to be patient during the process just as I had to be with my 2015 GT350 as it took a long time to receive that car as well.

Who knows maybe our cars will go down the FRAP right next to each other and have chassis numbers that are very close together.

Good luck and hope that your 2 seat CFTP car is one of the first Mustangs in the Mod Shop next Spring and that my car is right behind yours!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Come on Harry, I don't think you just woke up one morning and decided to buy a GT500..... LOL
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Come on Harry, I don't think you just woke up one morning and decided to buy a GT500..... LOL
Tom, really that is the honest truth with you already knowing some of the other primary reasoning behind this last minute revelation.:wink:

Being an old school guy and into NA engines and manual transmissions such as the Boss and GT350 cars the GT500 was never a priority for me until one morning in July when I rethought my long relationship with Ford, Mustang, friendships such as ours and other recent events in my life after which time my wife encouraged me to go for it and the rest is history.

You and I have a lot in common with respect to our thoughts, passion and enthusiasm for 2 seat bare bones Mustangs and hope that your car is built well before mine!!

:sunglasses::beer:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom, really that is the honest truth with you already knowing some of the other primary reasoning behind this last minute revelation.:wink:

Being an old school guy and into NA engines and manual transmissions such as the Boss and GT350 cars the GT500 was never a priority for me until one morning in July when I rethought my long relationship with Ford, Mustang, friendships such as ours and other recent events in my life after which time my wife encouraged me to go for it and the rest is history.

You and I have a lot in common with respect to our thoughts, passion and enthusiasm for 2 seat bare bones Mustangs and hope that your car is built well before mine!!

:sunglasses::beer:
Id like to think that I planted the seed in your brain.

I think we are in the same boat in respect to build timeframes.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Id like to think that I planted the seed in your brain.

I think we are in the same boat in respect to build timeframes.
Yes, you planted the seed in my brain very early on and being an old guy it just took a little longer than normal for the seed to finally germinate in my old body.

Thanks again!!

:like::like:

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I think a lot of us guys that are getting older are starting to take notice of all the friends we have lost in the last couple of years and are now very much aware of our mortality. We are more focused on the immediate future rather than 5 years from now. This is one of the things that is driving my purchase.

Sponsored

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
My original build date of 9/23, went to 10/7 and now updated to 10/11

A small ray of sunshine...My build to day of 10/11 has improved to a build day of 10/10. While not a monumental announcement... It is an improvement.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I think a lot of us guys that are getting older are starting to take notice of all the friends we have lost in the last couple of years and are now very much aware of our mortality. We are more focused on the immediate future rather than 5 years from now. This is one of the things that is driving my purchase.
Well put and understand your situation completely!

:)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Then I say, ROCK 'N ROLL, Earl! Pretend you're seventeen again, (or whatever your own favorite age was,) and have a dang BALL with this car!

And while I hear ya on the mortal thoughts, fuhgedaboudit! I bet you have way more than five more, amigo!

<change of subject>

I was just fooling around in PS and thought I'd try a comp of the "configurator" image of my ordered car onto a shot of the front part of the house. Here 'tis, and I hope to be sending a photo of the real thing well before Thanksgiving although you and a few others will undoubtedly beat me to the punch! <smiling>

It looks just OK and it's obviously faked not only due to my meager PS skills but the Configurator doesn't give you truly realistic images of the cars either. So standby for the real thing..<fingers and toes crossed>

upload_2019-9-25_18-7-44.png

Enjoy every single minute in the car and out, Earl. That's my plan. View attachment 398032

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
My week of 10/28 just got bumped to week of 11/4. Is what it is.
Looks to be the normal for everyone, 1 week push back then your build day should be upcoming shortly and should not change anymore.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Damn sorry, Jaime.
Thanks Kent, I will remain optimistic but I won't hold my breath. I consider myself very lucky to even have a build week and I feel guilty to even mention a push back.

Looks to be the normal for everyone, 1 week push back then your build day should be upcoming shortly and should not change anymore.
I will keep my fingers crossed that you are correct.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Another delay for 0256... week of 9/30 moved to the day of 10/01 then bumped to 10/04 2 weeks ago... now i'm pushed to 10/08.

On the upside, if i continue to get pushed 2 days per week of waiting for the build date, the car will be built in less than a month!

I will continue to hope that someone from Ford can PM me with a photo of my car on the line in about 3 weeks.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Another delay for 0256... week of 9/30 moved to the day of 10/01 then bumped to 10/04 2 weeks ago... now i'm pushed to 10/08.

On the upside, if i continue to get pushed 2 days per week of waiting for the build date, the car will be built in less than a month!

I will continue to hope that someone from Ford can PM me with a photo of my car on the line in about 3 weeks.
Congratulations, you have a build day. Next will be production.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Congratulations, you have a build day. Next will be production.
For the record the temperature at the dealership is currently at the rated temperatures (40F or 5C) for moving the car on the 4s tires, but the temperature is expected to increase over the next week, so I am playing it safe and have now booked heated storage. The temperature in my hometown (1000 miles or 1600 km) is foretasted to also be at or below the rated tire temp over the next week.

A window to drive the car just may not be in the cards for 3 weeks from now. Hopeful that i can sit in it, in my garage, and dream of warmer days and open roads when ever i feel like it in the coming months.
Sponsored