Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
they could simply reject orders without an allocation.
Teddy: FWIW, my original order took place before anyone new about Golden Tickets. I thought I was er.."golden." :-) Not so fast and two or three days later I learned from the store that the order had been cancelled due to no allocation. So some routine is in place for this although it's not particularly timely.

Somehow, the GSM pulled a rabbit out of his hat and persuaded the RM to issue the store a GT and that's how I got the Snack Pack. Turns out, the store resubmitted that original order as a Base and it was produced and delivered well before mine.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
2016 was a disaster for the GT350R. Dealers were taking deposits for cars they had no allocation for. I was told 2017 and beyond had to have an allocation before an order would be accepted. I believed that to be true carrying over into the GT500 order banks. Somehow the system reverted back to the old way of things. I guess anybody can order anything they want..... and it will sit in unscheduled material hold and never get built unless an allocation exists

Gomezra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2027 GT350
I verified the allocation before I ordered and got it at msrp. They had one golden ticket and 2 base.

Gomezra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2027 GT350
I had a meeting of sorts with the owner prior to going up to the fleet manager’s office and placing the order. He actually showed me the email from the regional rep advising him of their allocations.

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
2016 was a disaster for the GT350R. Dealers were taking deposits for cars they had no allocation for. I was told 2017 and beyond had to have an allocation before an order would be accepted. I believed that to be true carrying over into the GT500 order banks. Somehow the system reverted back to the old way of things. I guess anybody can order anything they want..... and it will sit in unscheduled material hold and never get built unless an allocation exists
That's a bummer. Is there anyway to verify with FORD that an order has been accepted. Would Noah be able to look this up without a VIN, DOCA Order # etc as I am unable to get this information from my dealer. This has been my biggest fear.I have subsequently passed on 2 built cars at other dealerships(albeit out of state) which were similarly priced. Should I grab the next one I see or hope all is above board with my order. Again a bird in hand beats 2 in the bush

Sponsored

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
That's a bummer. Is there anyway to verify with FORD that an order has been accepted. Would Noah be able to look this up without a VIN, DOCA Order # etc as I am unable to get this information from my dealer. This has been my biggest fear.I have subsequently passed on 2 built cars at other dealerships(albeit out of state) which were similarly priced. Should I grab the next one I see or hope all is above board with my order. Again a bird in hand beats 2 in the bush
Ford Performance told me there is no way they can verify on their end. So it’s a shit show of trusting a dealer has one and for those of us with good deals (at least compared to their initial ask), hoping they don’t sell it out from under you.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You can verify an order, but you cant verify the allocation. As mentioned, an order doesn't mean the car will get built. It must have an allocation.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
For the new arrivals in limbo: The General Sales Manager/Fleet Manager at your store probably talks to the Regional Ford Rep multiple times per week and the RM's are the individuals responsible for allocations. That's the place to go to determine if an allocation exists.

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
Ford Performance told me there is no way they can verify on their end. So it’s a shit show of trusting a dealer has one and for those of us with good deals (at least compared to their initial ask), hoping they don’t sell it out from under you.
I CHECKED WITH FORD pERFORMANCE (Noah was at lunch but the fellow I talked with was very knowledgeable) and they essentially said as above. You have to trust your dealer. If dealer ordred it without a bona fide allocation it will remain unschedualed to the end of the production year. When you get the VIN you are golden. Also there appears to be no rhyme or reason when a bonafide order goes to production. It could be a week or months. Nobody can explain how the allocated orders are selected to go to production.Unfortunatley a few of us might be burned and might have to wait until 2021. Ford Performance also couldn't confirm the GT 500 would be continued but thought it was probably likely. I hope that is helpful

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I CHECKED WITH FORD pERFORMANCE (Noah was at lunch but the fellow I talked with was very knowledgeable) and they essentially said as above. You have to trust your dealer. If dealer ordred it without a bona fide allocation it will remain unschedualed to the end of the production year. When you get the VIN you are golden. Also there appears to be no rhyme or reason when a bonafide order goes to production. It could be a week or months. Nobody can explain how the allocated orders are selected to go to production.Unfortunatley a few of us might be burned and might have to wait until 2021. Ford Performance also couldn't confirm the GT 500 would be continued but thought it was probably likely. I hope that is helpful
"When you get the VIN you are golden"
I do believe that when you are "clean" you are golden. A VIN is forthcoming and the order has been accepted to proceed to VIN assignment.

"Also there appears to be no rhyme or reason when a bonafide order goes to production"
The rhyme and reason is each order is selected by a committee in Dearborn. I think its once a week they sit down and select orders for build. It depends on what criteria they are looking for that day, they do vary. Likewise, my order, which was selected to proceed from unscheduled material hold to unscheduled clean occurred in Late July or early August. I was assured my build would occur in the first cycle before shutdown. Well, that didn't happen and despite the regional rep assuring my dealer and me that it would get built the first cycle, it didn't.

"Nobody can explain how the allocated orders are selected to go to production"
And nobody is probably going to tell you. Its very much like the selection committee for the Ford GT. They have a certain person or demographic that they are looking for and a bunch of people get together to discuss. With the 500, initial allocations went out based upon type of car (base vs CFTP), VIP, corporate affiliation etc. Not everyone who got a very early build and allocation for the CFTP was a VIP. Look at KiloBravo, apparently he was very fortunate to have been at the right place at the right time. One thing is for sure, Ford has never been transparent to the customer pertaining to allocations and rhyme or reason.

Sponsored

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
I do believe that when you are "clean" you are golden. A VIN is forthcoming and the order has been accepted to proceed to VIN assignment.

"Also there appears to be no rhyme or reason when a bonafide order goes to production"
The rhyme and reason is each order is selected by a committee in Dearborn. I think its once a week they sit down and select orders for build. It depends on what criteria they are looking for that day, they do vary. Likewise, my order, which was selected to proceed from unscheduled material hold to unscheduled clean occurred in Late July or early August. I was assured my build would occur in the first cycle before shutdown. Well, that didn't happen and despite the regional rep assuring my dealer and me that it would get built the first cycle, it didn't.

"Nobody can explain how the allocated orders are selected to go to production"
And nobody is probably going to tell you. Its very much like the selection committee for the Ford GT. They have a certain person or demographic that they are looking for and a bunch of people get together to discuss. With the 500, initial allocations went out based upon type of car (base vs CFTP), VIP, corporate affiliation etc. Not everyone who got a very early build and allocation for the CFTP was a VIP. Look at KiloBravo, apparently he was very fortunate to have been at the right place at the right time. One thing is for sure, Ford has never been transparent to the customer pertaining to allocations and rhyme or reason.
Tomster Thanks for clarifying process of going from unschedualed to clean unschedualed to schedualed with VIN. That happens only with a bonafide allocated order. There doesn't appear to be any means to confirm a clean order. I will either receive a car as implied by dealer or it is all a purple haze

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I have seen a few that went from Unscheduled/Clean back to Unscheduled/Material Hold. That was last year and as we all know, that was not a typical year.
Lets cross our fingers and pray that this year is a lot better than the last.

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
I have seen a few that went from Unscheduled/Clean back to Unscheduled/Material Hold. That was last year and as we all know, that was not a typical year.
Lets cross our fingers and pray that this year is a lot better than the last.
SNOOPY had an old post from Aug 2019 were he outlines all the classifications nicely and what they mean.(unsched to unsched clean etc) For some reason i cant find it now but it was i believe the 4th post in the thread below a survey of how cars awaiting for Part 1 production were optioned Whoa I just relocated it again under unsched/material hold posts very helpful

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
That's a bummer. Is there anyway to verify with FORD that an order has been accepted. Would Noah be able to look this up without a VIN, DOCA Order # etc as I am unable to get this information from my dealer.
If your dealer can’t give you a copy of the DORA or VOC, you probably don’t have an order... That’s the first thing they do.
Sponsored