2020 GT500 Unscheduled/Material Hold or Clean Registry

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I feel your pain and when I purchased my first Hellcat back in 2016 it took close to 2 years for me to get one. It was a total joke the first year out but I feel the GT500 won’t be as bad and could be wrong. So for now I picked this up to keep me calm till mine comes in lol.
1421681C-29D6-4652-9B1C-D3AC837A5F89.jpeg
Sponsored

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Two step process if they try and pawn off a 2021 allocation.

1.) Get deposit back.

2.) Go car shopping for a non Ford 80K+ Vehicle.
2021 C8 after the bugs are worked out, Cayman GT?

Does anybody on earth know the rhyme and reason of how cars get advanced for a VIN?
I envision a monkey throwing darts at a poster with 5,000 orders. Nah, even that doesn't explain it...
Option 2 is what I’m going with. Unlike a lot of this board, I’m not a Ford fan. I just like the Mustang (over the Camaro. Owned both) and the new Explorer.

I questioned the VIN process in another post. I don’t get why some dealers are getting multiple cars in the first run while other dealers still haven’t got a single VIN. My dealer has 3 allocations, 2 of them bought from other dealers. Not a single VIN yet.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
Hey guys and gals. I decided to do some digging and see if could find a CFTP car like I wanted with a VIN already issued. Well I found a couple and ended up cancelling my original orders with my local dealer in Clinton NC as they were yet to get anything past unsheduled material hold on the orders.

I am now awaiting a Shadow Black CFTP car destined for a dealer in Mrytle Beach SC. I made the deal with deposit yesterday.

Now for anyone interested, there is a CFTP car with VIN issued coming to a dealer in Charlotte NC. The car will be silver with a painted black roof and painted over the top black stripes. They were asking for a 15K ADM when I talked with them yesterday. Contact information for the sales rep in Charlotte I talked with yesterday is below.

Danielle Driscoll

Town and Country Ford

(704) 557-0596

www.townandcountryford.com

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Does anybody on earth know the rhyme and reason of how cars get advanced for a VIN?
I envision a monkey throwing darts at a poster with 5,000 orders. Nah, even that doesn't explain it...
Americans are pretty good at standing in line waiting for something IF they consider it to be a fair, take your
turn situation. Ford does not realize this or just does not care that they are pissing off nearly 5000 loyal customers
by not revealing at least some excuse as to how the process works. After over 50 years of owning only
Ford/Lincoln/Mercury products, I could jump ship to MB or BMW. (Noah, report that to the chain of
command)(don't take that personally, you're a great guy).

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I questioned the VIN process in another post. I don’t get why some dealers are getting multiple cars in the first run while other dealers still haven’t got a single VIN. My dealer has 3 allocations, 2 of them bought from other dealers. Not a single VIN yet.
Dealer allocations for the GT500 are based mostly on their previous sales of Mustangs. For example, my dealer received 5 allocations in the first release, received 2 VINs right away and has received those 2 cars so far.
Sounds like your dealer doesn't sell many Mustangs if they only received 1 allocation and had to buy 2 others. My guess would be that the 2 allocations they bought aren't near the front of the line either...
Dealers know where they are in the pecking order. They just don't want to tell you as they want to keep you excited.

ChuckScherr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang; (2) 2019 F250 Diesel Lariats; 2020 Shelby GT500 on order
Dealer allocations for the GT500 are based mostly on their previous sales of Mustangs. For example, my dealer received 5 allocations in the first release, received 2 VINs right away and has received those 2 cars so far.
Sounds like your dealer doesn't sell many Mustangs if they only received 1 allocation and had to buy 2 others. My guess would be that the 2 allocations they bought aren't near the front of the line either...
Dealers know where they are in the pecking order. They just don't want to tell you as they want to keep you excited.
I’m guessing I’m in that category...thank God for this site because without I’d be lost (and probably insane by now). I talked to the dealer the other day and I could have this all wrong but piecing together what he said and what I’m gathering from here is, they haven’t been able to use their allocation yet. If they are low on the pecking order than I get it; it changes nothing for me. But being honest with people would do all of us justice. A lack of clarity and false hope doesn’t create excitement; it causes resentment. I would’ve been fine hearing last July there was no chance I’d have a VIN or even a production date until possibly May of this year based on the likelihood of Ford not allowing our dealer to use it’s allocation.

I’m supposed to hear something in the next day or two when the GM has a chance to talk Ford about when they possibly will be allowed to use their allocation. I’ll keep you posted on what I hear.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I am convinced that there is no pecking order on what dealer gets theirs produced first. I bought mine from a dearer in a town of less than 5,000 that sells virtually no Shelbys, yet somehow mine is produced and on a rail car in transit. I am an absolute nobody compared to other higher profile people buying from big dealers in warm weather states.

I think it is a bunch of monkeys in a board room throwing darts to see whose gets built when.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
I think the real answer is a little of A and a little of B. Realistically, it makes sense that a dealer with 5 allocations gets a couple before every small dealer but providing no estimates or clarification on the process to relay back to customers is frustrating. I also wouldn’t think it’s fair if that dealer got all 5 allocations before everyone got at least 1

I ordered a Mustang GT with Ford with a dealer with an open allocation that month. I have no idea what the hell happened but the tracking system broke when it was sent to the factory and it took 5 months for the car to arrive. So I don’t have much faith left in them. (Different dealer)

I don’t mind waiting - it honestly benefits me a ton. I just with wish I had some insight on when I can expect a VIN or even if I will get a VIN (if Ford can’t meet all 5k units). If I get pushed to a 21 and my color is taken away for that model year, I’ll look for something else.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I am convinced that there is no pecking order on what dealer gets theirs produced first. I bought mine from a dearer in a town of less than 5,000 that sells virtually no Shelbys, yet somehow mine is produced and on a rail car in transit. I am an absolute nobody compared to other higher profile people buying from big dealers in warm weather states.

I think it is a bunch of monkeys in a board room throwing darts to see whose gets built when.
Exact same thing happened to me. One allocation, tiny town, I’m nobody special and already got delivered.

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Communication is all we ask for.......This crap wouldn't fly in most facets of business otherwise you won't last long. Yet hear we all are waiting and waiting putting up with it, ME included. There is no reason every person with an order cannot have some type explanation, confirmation, estimated ETA or even a simple 'YES' your car will be made this year. I would be fine with confirmation it WILL be built, i am still 50/50 on whether my car will actually be produced even though i have 100% assurance from my dealer it will. I get $hit happens and stuff unexpected comes up but I do not believe that is what we are dealing with here. Just plain horribly run process, if you can even call it a process. Still anxiously awaiting my car.......

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Just a heads up for the members who are waiting for a VIN.
I have no idea when the next batch of VINs will be released, but I check every day and will post when I see the new ones.

As it stands now, here are the number of VINs that have NOT been sent to the plant for production.
644 - Base cars
53 - CFTP cars without POTTS
119 - CFTP cars with POTTS

M1AK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Gt500
I ordered a CFTP car right early July and in August was forward an email from the area Ford Rep to the Sales Manager that I would get my car in Beginning of 2020 and the allocations are being filled based off of sales. I can’t say that this is what Ford is currently doing but my dealership actually looked for the answer and forwarded me the reply they got. I have since just set back and patiently been waiting for the VIN. I also put an order in for a C8 in September and have not heard anything back about it, so so far Ford is doing a better job for me!
DACACB3F-7554-483F-8615-BCFCBAE3C67C.jpeg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Still anxiously awaiting my car.......
PTD: I'm with ya, man but it's tough as you and the few others know too well.

I don't understand why Ford is mucking up the communications involving their life blood, the customer, and especially enthusiasts of their specialty vehicles.

There's absolutely no reason why the manager at FP shouldn't have the straight skinny on every VIN a keystroke away. Customer relations are a big part of their company efforts for crying out loud.

I mean, other than nutjobs like us, how many people would ever even call? They just wait till the store calls them. It wouldn't take a division of people to manage that.

Unlike what Jack said in "A Few Good Men," we CAN handle the truth and would very much appreciate hearing it from the horse's mouth.

So Noah, (and I know you're reading this...) 1) Please don't take it personally 2) I think you know quite well where I/we are coming from and 3) It's outta your hands. I get it.

But as my dear old Mom used to tell me..

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease," ifyouknowhatImeanVern. :-)

And thanks for what you guys do.

<stepping down from podium..> ;-)

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Hey Everyone, Just introducing myself on this page as well. If you have any questions or need to track your car please give me a call at the FP Info Center

-Noah
Hey Noah,
If you haven’t already, please pass along this blog to John Clor. I read his editorial every month in the MCA magazine where he constantly talks about customer interface.
Let us know what he says....
Sponsored