Sponsored

2020 GT500 Mustang Caught Testing Uncovered For The First Time

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
TOTALLY AGREE. I guess they realised they made a mistake and might as well fix it now before its too late. Good job Ford for staying strong.:headbang:
It's not a mistake.

From an exterior design perspective, the GT500 has been done for some time.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Just my opinion.....but, yeah, using the old headlamps is the only disappointment for me here.

Again, just my opinion, but the '18 headlamps look much meaner. However, if the car really is using the GT350 carbon support, that would make sense. Although to me that just means using the old headlamps was cheaper than reworking the support for the new ones. And on a halo car, that's disappointing on something as obvious as the looks. I wonder if the GT500 will at least feature LED lamps in the older units?

Other than that though, really looking forward to the full reveal of this beast :headbang:

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think I'm going to like the hood. Those louvers should be pretty aggressive looking. I wonder what the rear wing will be like?

I still don't love the vent or cavity outboard of the headlights. That looks odd to me.

It definitely has a lot of changes compared to the current Mustangs out there. It will be easy to distinguish from the GT350, regular GT, 2018 models, etc.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I know there's a lot of excitement and some disappointment over the new design but who remembers when a special edition Mustang was just emblems and stripe kit. We should be thankful we can get this level of performance out of a manufacturer.
1978 King Cobra.jpg

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
I see a good amount of changes. Basically take a GT350 and add the vented hood, openings for what looks like twin intercoolers at each front corner, more aggressive splitter/side skirt/rear valence, and I'm sure there is a lot more going on that we can't quite see yet.
GT350? Are u kidding me? This car has nothing to do with GT350 from the looks of it. It looks more like a 15-17 regular mustang than a GT350. I hope Ford doesn't screw it up and this is just a mule because I don't see anything special about the looks on this car. Might as well put a blower on an already good looking GT350 and call it the day!!! This can't be it.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Just my opinion.....but, yeah, using the old headlamps is the only disappointment for me here.

Again, just my opinion, but the '18 headlamps look much meaner. However, if the car really is using the GT350 carbon support, that would make sense. Although to me that just means using the old headlamps was cheaper than reworking the support for the new ones. And on a halo car, that's disappointing on something as obvious as the looks. I wonder if the GT500 will at least feature LED lamps in the older units?

Other than that though, really looking forward to the full reveal of this beast :headbang:

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
And see to me this looks like a menacing predator vs fetal alcohol syndrome

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I absolutely don't see it? What is going to make this so special? There is nothing in those pictures that makes me regret not waiting on this car so far! I mean where's the beef! I can't be the only one that thinks it's going to look to much like your garden variety Mustang! They could have at least widen the track or something seeing it's taken several years to release. Any way maybe that wrap is just really really damn good at hiding what is under it!!
Agreed. Meh. I don't see the front as I saw the front (Lexus) teaser. Smoke and mirrors perhaps. Will have to be a wait and see for me. GT350 still best looking mustang in history.
:cheers:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The design is some what of a disappointment if this is it. It will just blend into all the other mustangs out there. They will just paint the front center bumper black and that’s ok except on black or dark cars. Need more wide body appointments to handle the rear tires I hope .....(grand sport) But hey I had a 14 GT 500 and you could not use the power on the street. Not sure this one will either with even more HP. Oh well. For $80K + u know what... and the options you need I was expecting more. C8 is just about ready to come out at the same time. Just waiting and anticipating some great things from both companies.

Last edited:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
viper has an extra caliper for the parking brakes, its still mechanical just not integrated with the rear calipers like some cars are

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The design is a disappointment if this is it. It will just blend into all the other mustangs out there. The 350 is much better but in dark colors it blends in also. Need more wide body appointments to handle the tires I hope. Keep the 18 headlights IMO. But hey I had a 14 GT 500 and you could not use the power on the street. Not sure this one will either with even more HP. Oh well.
I don't think anything said here is accurate or will be. The S550 didn't look that great with camouflage on either, and people are already detracting without seeing the final surfaces and styling cues. It'll put the power down just fine.

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I don't think anything said here is accurate or will be. The S550 didn't look that great with camouflage on either, and people are already detracting without seeing the final surfaces and styling cues. It'll put the power down just fine.
Thank you.

This camo is really effective in hiding design and other elements. [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] I’ve heard there are two cars built right now and this is one of them. Can you confirm?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Looks good so far. No ugly fangs so it's got that over the Camaro lol. I love that hood. Looks sweet.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Anyone think the front fenders are flared REALLY big compared to the rear? Makes me think - get ready for widebody. I bet they are going to widen the back of the car, too.

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
The design is some what of a disappointment if this is it. It will just blend into all the other mustangs out there. They will just paint the front center bumper black and that’s ok except on black or dark cars. Need more wide body appointments to handle the rear tires I hope .....(grand sport) But hey I had a 14 GT 500 and you could not use the power on the street. Not sure this one will either with even more HP. Oh well. For $80K + u know what... and the options you need I was expecting more. C8 is just about ready to come out at the same time. Just waiting and anticipating some great things from both companies.
I have a 2014 GT500, all you had to do was put good tires on it. I have 10 inch wide up front, and 11 inch wide in the back. Michelin ps4s.it drives and handles real good for that car.:ford:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Looks good, but more bland than the GT350 IMO. As others have mentioned the front clip looks very similar to the past GT, with different hood.
Sponsored