Sponsored

2020 GT500 Curb Weight and Dimensions Released

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Ouch..lol.. . surely that condescension is in jest..
Lol... uh... just keep in mind that some of the 'poors' may not be so poor and are more after the challenge. Like the $100k trailers showing up at Lemons races.. lol... #slummingit
I have heard of some of these base GT modding types being real dicks and arrogant about their wrenching skills enabling them to pown much more expensive cars on track.

I think it would be a ton of fun to put together some budget S550 based track monsters and some GT500 to run around COTA for the day in celebration of all things Mustang.
COTA pinks?
he has an ecoboost. so id say hes not familiar with what can and cant be done

and no, i dont race for pinks, especially in a race ive never competed in. but if you want to bring your GT race car to the strip against my Shelby race car when its completed, id race for a substantial amount of $$
Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
691, posts. so just under 70 more posts till we hit 760. then the mods will lock it. :)
Still short of the 851 replies in the previous weight thread, but catching up fast!

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Post #710

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That sounds like a response from a Shelby Fanboy. None of us know what Porky is capable of yet, except for a few Ford insiders. Most knew cars are worth less, as time passes, than when you bought them. It's called depreciation. It's pretty common.
Not a Shelby Fanboy but after over 50 years of buying Ford Pony cars I consider myself a loyal and strong supporter of the Ford brand and in particular the Mustang model.

We do know that the GT500 (Porky to you) accelerates from 0 to 100 MPH and back to 0 in 10.6 seconds so don't tell me that we do not know what this car is capable of.

How many vehicles are you aware of the sell for $95,000 or less have that capability let alone many of the road track records that it will set later this year and in 2020?

Yes, most "new" cars are worth less as time passes but I have been very fortunate to have done very well when selling many Boss 302's and GT350/R's.

BTW I like all of your commas let alone your spelling expertise!

:)

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Not a Shelby Fanboy but after over 50 years of buying Ford Pony cars I consider myself a loyal and strong supporter of the Ford brand and in particular the Mustang model.

We do know that the GT500 (Porky to you) accelerates from 0 to 100 MPH and back to 0 in 10.6 seconds so don't tell me that we do not know what this car is capable of.

How many vehicles are you aware of the sell for $95,000 or less have that capability let alone many of the road track records that it will set later this year and in 2020?

Yes, most "new" cars are worth less as time passes but I have been very fortunate to have done very well when selling many Boss 302's and GT350/R's.

Pork is pork! With that said it is what it is. I'm not chasing #'s or even concerned with overall track/strip performance. I just want a fun car that I love to drive and love to look at. I've actually comed to really like the front end but still wish they did something different with the head lights. Even the way it sits , I'd sign papers today If I could get a base with a manual option for under 70k!

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Of the additional mass 110lbs of it is due to the DCT, which is central and low. Weight is weight, but, still, it's low. That's 110lb to enable drivers to easier manage 760hp.

The brakes are heavier, and although it's more unsprung mass it's necessary with so much momentum.
/This reminds me of time-attack cars, where they install the smallest, lightest brake package that is good enough for ONE lap only. "I built a quicker car than the GT500 (for one lap only)". Well done.

Then with the heavier driveline components - all of it necessary, and all of it is low.

The blower is high, and the cooling system is mostly low. You have a car that is pumping ~850hp which has a cooling system good enough for you to drive it hard, not lap after lap, but tank after tank. For the average enthusiast this means he or she will be able to go to the track knowing that they could push as hard as they can without worrying about it overheating, and as hard as they push, I bet 95% of them would never get to within 70% of the car's speed potential.

The only challenge with this car is to manage the tyres.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance of a manual option? Putting a manual in it would lower the wieght!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance of a manual option?
The Challenger Hellcat (not redeye) which makes 650lbft has a Tremec 6MT as standard so aside from chassis mods (any?) I can't imagine it couldn't have been dropped into place.

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350

Well, the Corvette C8 specs were released yesterday.

0-60 MPH in 2.9

0-100 MPH in 7.6

Qtr mile in 11.3

Top Speed 193 MPH

3,535 lbs (700 lbs less than a GT500 or 4 Adult Men @ 175 lbs each)

$59,995.00

official.png

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you meant to post ^^^ somewhere else. Like say the 'got crushed thread'.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
@ Yolo:

If you think you will get that performance for < 59k, come on down, I have premo land just outside of the everglades I can sale you. I mean the water comes up to the porch, it's like a pool in the front !

Though the figures are good, the base car will not have this performance. People really need to just peel the curtain back a little. Also the ADM bug will bite this car as well. I went to a local HUGE Toyota dealership just to look at the new Supra (was bored) and the 84k sticker had me like..ummm...ok.
Sponsored