Sponsored

2020 GT500 confirmed orders

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang equip with 2.8 KB SuperCharger.
So I called Ford Performance and talked with Noah. My order is still listed Unscheduled-Material Hold...meaning the order has only gotten as far as the dealer input. As anyone else's order still listed as unscheduled-material hold?
Same here, I called Thursday and it’s unschedule/ material hold. I placed my order July 24. I’m hoping I see a change in my order soon.
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I don’t think they will stop production of the base GT500s. I’m pretty sure Ford produced non R GT350s through winter. The limiting factor is the tires on the CFTP cars.
Some of the 2019 Mustang GTs came with PS4s tires, I wonder how Ford dealt with winter production on these cars?

Trentk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
91 GT turbomustangs.com
After 6 weeks of waiting the dealer in Georgia who told me they had a track pack allocation just had their order denied by Ford so it seems the salesman lied to me, they are sending back by deposit. If anyone hears of any golden ticket allocations available at under 10k markup please message me.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Good luck Trent. I’m over here just trying to find a base model for under 10k markup in the SE US...

Sponsored

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Call Rob Dell @ BOb Ruth Ford Steve/slipstream sent you
I talked to him but to get a 2020, it’s a 10k mark-up. I’ve found plenty of dealers in my state with available allocation at 10k. Trying to find closer to 5k.

Trentk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
91 GT turbomustangs.com
I talked to him but to get a 2020, it’s a 10k mark-up. I’ve found plenty of dealers in my state with available allocation at 10k. Trying to find closer to 5k.
Were any of the ones in your state for a golden ticket? IF so can you PM me their info? I can go up to 10k for one. thank you

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Were any of the ones in your state for a golden ticket? IF so can you PM me their info? I can go up to 10k for one. thank you
Unfortunately the only dealer I spoke to that had a golden ticket wanted 50k. At least that told me they had a golden ticket. Most told me up front they couldn’t get the track pack/stripes but I didn’t ask all of them.

I did find multiple dealers with base allocation for 10k in my state though. I was surprised at how many haven’t ordered one, waiting for a customer.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
V: I managed to get a 5k ADM when the dealership's policy has always been 10k. So, it wouldn't surprise me if they would be happy to have me nix the deal so they could make another five. There won't be any further negotiations, of that I'm certain.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
V: I managed to get a 5k ADM when the dealership's policy has always been 10k. So, it wouldn't surprise me if they would be happy to have me nix the deal so they could make another five. There won't be any further negotiations, of that I'm certain.
Yes but ive sent nearly 20 guys to my guy. Already saying its a very fair adm, especially this late in the game, and having personal experience to not being yoked around, and these guys dont understand.
Its not my place to say the bottom line they are after so i wont, but the buyer has to do more than just call and say ok thank you and move on.

Am i wrong in thinking that any car sale has room for negotiation? Not even talking about a select car like this? Who the hell pays the advertised price?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My point, is, none of the "potential buyers" have mad any counter-offer.. The calls are:

Hi, Can i speak to Rob?
Sure, please hold
Hi, this is Rob
Hi, im calling about your 2nd GT500 allocation, can you tell me how much you are asking?
Sure, we are asking $xx over sticker
Oh, OK, thank you, goodbye

Im just saying, I have NEVER, before this car, bought at asking price. I assumed then entire world knew that thats an initial starting point

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
My point, is, none of the "potential buyers" have mad any counter-offer.. The calls are:

Hi, Can i speak to Rob?
Sure, please hold
Hi, this is Rob
Hi, im calling about your 2nd GT500 allocation, can you tell me how much you are asking?
Sure, we are asking $xx over sticker
Oh, OK, thank you, goodbye

Im just saying, I have NEVER, before this car, bought at asking price. I assumed then entire world knew that thats an initial starting point
Voodoo you’re correct. I couldn’t agree more.

It kind of stems from people’s fear of confrontation and the skill of haggle.

When I purchased my ‘16R the ADM was 28k. An odd number, and at the end of the day I walked out with a 5k ADM. This was in summer ‘16. The height of the madness.

I purchased out of province, called one day and they laughed at me. I told them I’m coming to visit Saturday. They said sure see you then jokingly.

So I showed up, an out of towner (I had business there anyway) and dropped my offer 50min before closing, at the end of the month too.

GSM called the owner at home and they both reluctantly agreed. I had to tell them about four times I was serious and I’m going to GIVE them an additional $5,000 above the MSRP right then and there, but not their asking ADM of 28k.

It worked and they enclosed trailer shipped it 450miles for only $500.
57C9B4B6-07C2-4050-B996-DADC251A2412.jpeg
AD082A67-E06D-4E8F-AEA4-39CB81D6BE87.jpeg
Sponsored