2020 GT500 CFTP Destroys C8 Corvette - Motortrend Comparison Review

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Thank you for your well thought out Chevrolet sales pitch. Much more interesting than a real people commercial. :giggle:
Thank for you usual no content posts. I guess you didn't see where I said I wouldn't buy the Vette either for a couple of years. I don't trust Chevy too get such a radical new design for them right out of the box. I actually can't stand GM, but love my ZL1 1LE. I have zero brand loyalty, but if they build a cool car that holds together, I will check it out.

When are you picking up your GT500 CFTP and going to show us how it is done? Just driving around in your 5 year old GT because you like it?
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Thank for you usual no content posts. I guess you didn't see where I said I wouldn't buy the Vette either for a couple of years. I don't trust Chevy too get such a radical new design for them right out of the box. I actually can't stand GM, but love my ZL1 1LE. I have zero brand loyalty, but if they build a cool car that holds together, I will check it out.

When are you picking up your GT500 CFTP and going to show us how it is done? Just driving around in your 5 year old GT because you like it?
I dont like it. I Love it. My 9 second 15 shits all over guys with ZL1s. Most of the real tuff talkers like blaqhole :wink:are so afraid they reject a callout to prove their car is better. Faster that they reject a hetrosexual woman.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I dont like it. I Love it. My 9 second 15 shits all over guys with ZL1s. Most of the real tuff talkers like blaqhole :wink:are so afraid they reject a a callout to prove their car is better. Faster that they reject a hetrosexual woman.
Riiiight, until they mod theirs etc. have fun going a straight line, I prefer turns.

As for the rest uh ok.

Why not get a GT500, mod that and really destroy ZL1s? Oh right, you can’t, you just like to troll members in various subforums of cars that you’ll never buy.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Riiiight, until they mod theirs etc. have fun going a straight line, I prefer turns.

As for the rest uh ok.

Why not get a GT500, mod that and really destroy ZL1s? Oh right, you can’t, you just like to troll members in various subforums of cars that you’ll never buy.
So are you going to do your Dr Suess thing again for me?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I haven't checked in here in awhile and I'm amused to find the same ol back and forth. There is no way in hell I'd by either of these for a couple of years, especially for the money they are asking (especially for the GT500/ADM). I log in and the first thing I see in the GT350 section is 2020 GT350 needs a possible new motor thread. The GT350 has been a reliability disaster in many ways and not just with the well publicized Voodoo issues. I wouldn't trust Ford that they've changed their internal culture around that they now care about quality/reliability with the GT500. So one will have the pleasure of dealing with shitty Ford dealers and their ADM games, then the car breaks down and the new customer has an even more infuriating time with the crappy service department that hasn't been trained properly to take care of the car. Geezus, new GT350 splitters are still being installed incorrectly five or so years in. Chevy isn't much better, but a little in my experience.

As for all of the talk of lap times are pointless for almost everyone in this thread (including me) as they aren't attainable by us. Also, are you really going to pay 100k and up after ADM for your brand new GT500 and really go the 10/10ths needed to get these lap times (again even fewer here)? I know I leave some on the table as I like to leave the way I arrived at the track with the car in the same condition. These cars are within the time of it being a drivers race for us above average, but nowhere near pro level driver these times were attained by.

Also, almost twenty grand to gain a half of second for the CFTP pack over the base GT500, but people here are complaining about a track alignment being expensive? Plus the consumables for such a heavy car? I thought my ZL1 1LE was a pig at 38XX, but 42XX for the GT500 is mind blowing to me. I'll give Chevy credit that at least they are trying to go the other way with weight and are still offering manuals in most of their from what I can tell.

Last, I'm not the biggest interior guy, but 100k roughly gets you a Fusion shift knob and some CF (etc) parts thrown in to an otherwise S550 interior?

No thanks, carry on bickering here by people that most can't afford these cars and even fewer that can drive them to their potential. :like::rockon::crazy::giggle:
Not 42xx

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Only with a tire destroying track alignment did the C8 come somewhat close. If you put a typical street alignment on the C8 - like what the GT500 had, it's not close.

Basically comparing a modified car to a stock as delivered car to get the C8 to look better.

The GT500 interior is not the same as a $30k Mustang interior.

If you don't mind a little friendly debate it can be fun. However, what I typically see on here is a bunch of GM fans come in and say really negative things about Fords. I'm not sure if the same happens on the GM sites as I don't frequent them.

I think it was interesting to see the ZL1 1LE GT350R comparisons. The ZL1 1LE was faster, but all the reviewers wanted to buy the Mustang. That seemed ok to me. I'm usually not buying a car for the absolute fastest time possible anyway. More often enjoyment is #1.
you really think Ford sent the GT500 with handling package and not do any adjustments?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
you really think Ford sent the GT500 with handling package and not do any adjustments?
Yes, yes we do. Notice that they specifically mention adjusting the suspension on the C8 and do not mention any additional adjustments to the GT500.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Good ol’ randy. VERY careful with his words on the Shelby.
You know what you’re reading when he praises the c8 for the “potential” of what it MIGHT do in other trims after GM dials things in.
Didn’t know we gave prizes for what might be.

but, as predicted, the old Mustang, based on a 5 year old 4 seat platform, beats the brand new, mid engine pinnacle of GM 2 seater engineering.
Amazing.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Yes, yes we do. Notice that they specifically mention adjusting the suspension on the C8 and do not mention any additional adjustments to the GT500.
very important to note.
Ford let’s the car do what it does.
Chevy likes to meddle.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
See I told you, you'd be just as fu%king stupid over here. As you are over there.:like:
So are you going to do your Dr Suess thing again for me?
I'm unsure who you think I am and I have no idea what you are talking about, but you keep being you as they say. (A very jealous/insecure person that trolls a bunch of forums of cars he wishes he could afford).

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)