Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Bwahahahahaha..
Google it
Really too hard for you to backup?

You cant seriously be talking about this whack youtube video.....

Show me a metered test not some wanna be youtube claim with some lame hashmark penciled in with google paint LMFAO!

Im interested in said "results" but not some bogus youtube trash.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Really too hard for you to backup?

You cant seriously be talking about this whack youtube video.....

Show me a metered test not some wanna be youtube claim with some lame hashmark penciled in with google paint LMFAO!

Im interested in said "results" but not some bogus youtube trash.
It was originally posted by Evan Smith.
A long way from YouTube trash.
Watch your mouth/keyboard.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Send the Viper team that went to set the Nurburgring ring time of 7:01.3 thats way faster that factory Dodge ever did.

All these wanna be track time records are bogus.

Show me GT500 vs whatever same day same track.

The above is still youtube trash.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Send the Viper team that went to set the Nurburgring ring time of 7:01.3 thats way faster that factory Dodge ever did.

All these wanna be track time records are bogus.

Show me GT500 vs whatever same day same track.

The above is still youtube trash.
Merry Christmas.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Watch the ACR track video then watch the GT500 video and let me know what the big differences are.

https://fastestlaps.com/tests/skhn4keb350i
You obviously have come to a conclusion irregardless of what anyone shows you . That was after the first repaving , after oak tree went down that curbing was changed additionally which does make a difference yes but not a full second . The fact still stands that an ACR has not run a faster time though right ? The ACR is a hell of a machine but it is getting long in the tooth . Improvements happen fast in suspension , aero, and chassis technology and more importantly tire tech which is the main reason why modern cars are faster than cars from 10 years ago that had crazy power to weight ratios . The two are close enough the driver would Certainly be the determining factor between the two cars on a given day . That’s pretty awesome for all enthusiasts that that is possible from another pony car . The CFTP GT500 and the ZL-1 1LE punch well above their price range and historical position and quite frankly will embarrass many true sports cars in competent hands . That’s a win for us all because it will drive everyone especially the Germans to make better cars! Great time to be a car enthusiast .

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
The Viper ACR used to be my dream car. Now you're telling me I can outlap it in a mustang if I just practice?!

I like it.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Yes, cars have come a long way since the ACR. But just showing comparing the two times isn’t really the same. I would much rather have a gt500 over a ACR, but that car was a unreal track car.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
Yes, cars have come a long way since the ACR. But just showing comparing the two times isn’t really the same. I would much rather have a gt500 over a ACR, but that car was a unreal track car.
Drive across the country to the track, run it, and drive back in comfort? I like that too. That was always the advantage of the ZR1 over the ACR in my opinion too.

Traind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
I am not sure when the ACR lapped VIR however, the VIR repaves and track limit extensions were easily worth more than a second per lap. Probably more like 2+ seconds on VIR full. The repaving alone gave a lot more surface grip let alone the two wider corners. The caveat is that track surface changes fluctuate over time so who knows how grippy VIR is now vs. the year of the repave? Add in the fact that temperature and how green the track is can can change lap times by another 2 seconds and you cannot legitimately compare lap times that were done in two different years. Yes, you can get a sense if 2 cars are in the same league per se, but not which one would be faster on the same track at the same time.

This isn't conjecture.... anyone familiar with track days and racing will have seen these variables many many times.

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I am not sure when the ACR lapped VIR however, the VIR repaves and track limit extensions were easily worth more than a second per lap. Probably more like 2+ seconds on VIR full. The repaving alone gave a lot more surface grip let alone the two wider corners. The caveat is that track surface changes fluctuate over time so who knows how grippy VIR is now vs. the year of the repave? Add in the fact that temperature and how green the track is can can change lap times by another 2 seconds and you cannot legitimately compare lap times that were done in two different years. Yes, you can get a sense if 2 cars are in the same league per se, but not which one would be faster on the same track at the same time.

This isn't conjecture.... anyone familiar with track days and racing will have seen these variables many many times.
It ran after the full repaving 100% certain .

It ran in late 2015 after the big repaving that happened in 2014 so it took full advantage of the widening . The facts stand as they are that the motortrend CFTP 500 time is faster than the factory ACR time on the same VIR course.
Sponsored