Rough idle, need advice

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Yes it all the way down the bottom picture.
It sounds like you haven’t changed your oil yet since new and it appears to be around a quart low. Engines will burn oil until the rings seat themselves on a new engine. I changed mine at 2300 miles and then every 4000 miles after that with quality full synthetic motor oil and filter. In my case Mobil 1 which runs 24.95 x2 here at walmart for 10 qts. Ford allows for longer periods than that, but I prefer to be safe. I hope your engine smooths out without any major issues.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
It sounds like you haven’t changed your oil yet since new and it appears to be around a quart low. Engines will burn oil until the rings seat themselves on a new engine. I changed mine at 2300 miles and then every 4000 miles after that with quality full synthetic motor oil and filter. In my case Mobil 1 which runs 24.95 x2 here at walmart for 10 qts. Ford allows for longer periods than that, but I prefer to be safe. I hope your engine smooths out without any major issues.
No actually the opposite. Based on the picture it looks way overfilled. But per the OP comment he forgot to wait and re-wipe to verify the level. Hopefully its within range (Between the two holes).

Per the 2020 Shelby Manual

1716605570330-g8.png

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
No actually the opposite. Based on the picture it looks way overfilled. But per the OP comment he forgot to wait and re-wipe to verify the level. Hopefully its within range (Between the two holes).

Per the 2020 Shelby Manual

1716605570330-g8.png
It looked to me like the two oil level holes were clear along with the OP stating the oil level was way low. I could be mistaken.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
The bottom hole on the dipstick should be full of oil. The oil ON the dipstick is irrelevant.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
The bottom hole on the dipstick should be full of oil. The oil ON the dipstick is irrelevant.
agree, but on my iphone, both holes look empty; in fact it looks like the almost black oil is about 1/4” below the bottom hole. Maybe, I need to look at the pic on a lap top.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
It looked to me like the two oil level holes were clear along with the OP stating the oil level was way low. I could be mistaken.
I see what you mean. Either way it’s a false reading since he didn’t wipe. But to me at first glance it seemed like there was a high concentration of oil above the dipstick top hole. Normally there is only a smear of oil towards the top then it gets really concentrated towards the bottom where the two holes are to give out the reading.

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Think this thread title needs to be changed…no disrespect, but just stoking the flame on a sensitive topic for us all here! Good click bait, yes…fair representation of the issue, no.

I usually check my oil by parking car in garage, pulling dip stick, wiping, letting it sit overnight so excess oil in stick tube drains down, then put stick in in morning, and check.

Connection of change and fresh pump is telling - agree could be bad gas or issue with vent tube. If really concerned can siphon the tank out and refill at a diff station.

Keep us posted, know how concerning this stuff can be but def not an engine failure!

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Think this thread title needs to be changed…no disrespect, but just stoking the flame on a sensitive topic for us all here! Good click bait, yes…fair representation of the issue, no.
I clicked. Bait the trap with "350R", and you'll catch me every time.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I forgot to wait and I also didn’t wipe it and re-measure it, now I feel like an idiot.
Obviously you were either too preoccupied with other events or made some rookie mistakes during this scenario but whatever the case it happened and am sure that you learned from this incident.

Most of us are aware of the attributes regarding these high strung/exotic NA FPC engines and the importance of checking oil levels on a regular basis, proper warm up proceeds and regular oil changes being done and if not aware of those important processes to be followed religiously and are aware of some possible consequences.

Since LR215 is under warranty suggest that you head over to your local Ford dealership for a quick diagnostic check with a Ford technician and would be interested to see what they have to say and suggest that all is well?

Good luck!
:like: :like:

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
agree, but on my iphone, both holes look empty; in fact it looks like the almost black oil is about 1/4” below the bottom hole. Maybe, I need to look at the pic on a lap top.
Looks empty to me

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
This thread will end up in Google searches as "another voodoo failure" for the masses to spread rumors about.

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350R & ‘19 ZL1 1LE
Good click bait, yes…fair representation of the issue, no.

…def not an engine failure!
^ This. Another example of the negative feedback loop.

OP
OP
RJ787

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Update: Took it for a drive, felt normal/strong. Took it back, waited 15 minutes then properly checked the dipstick, images below. Equal on both sides. Haven’t changed it in almost a year, done about under 3k miles since. Getting it changed Tuesday. I’ll attribute it to a random hiccup or bad gas. Thank you all who replied.
IMG_3432.jpeg
IMG_3431.jpeg

OP
OP
RJ787

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]

I usually check my oil by parking car in garage, pulling dip stick, wiping, letting it sit overnight so excess oil in stick tube drains down, then put stick in in morning, and check.

Connection of change and fresh pump is telling - agree could be bad gas or issue with vent tube. If really concerned can siphon the tank out and refill at a diff station.

Keep us posted, know how concerning this stuff can be but def not an engine failure!
I’ll re title it sure, but it wasn’t for click bait, just needed some guidance.

With all due respect, I know what the Voodoo reputation is, we all do and we choose to own it, knowing that information. The same applies to future owners.

Regardless, I did chuckle at some of the replies but hey, you guys are all family.
Sponsored