2020 GT350 heritage , should I ?

erictripz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
MB GLE 350
Found what to me feels like a steal , 2020 gt 350 heritage , they’re asking is around 63-64k no accidents , car has 25k ish miles. Was in the market for a 2019 gt350 15k miles or under for around 64-65k but can’t seem to find one that they have long enough to pull the trigger then this one popped up.

is there anything I should be worried about when possibly looking into one with this many miles , I know 25k isn’t even a lot but there seems to be a huge price drop in 350s with more than about 16-17k miles. And I didn’t even intend on going the heritage route but seems like a deal to me and a keeper at that.
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Dealership or private party? What tires does it have on it currently? Any extended warranty?

Edit: Also, what options? (or did all HEP cars come fully spec'd?)

Deleted member 13861

If that checks out that's a very good deal in this market.

OP
OP

erictripz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
MB GLE 350
Dealership or private party? What tires does it have on it currently? Any extended warranty?

I’ll update the thread with that info , since technically it’s still under warranty If I do move forward I plan on getting a ppi before purchase and adding an extended service plan as well , but I’ll keep you updated

OP
OP

erictripz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
MB GLE 350
If that checks out that's a very good deal in this market.
Yah I thought the same , I wanted to take a crack at the one posted in classifieds here but I gotta know when too much money and car is too much for me , this seems like a sweet spot because it’s been well broken in and it’s only an hour and a half away , the very next car is in Louisiana that I have lined up , it’s a 2019 gt 350 I believe velocity blue I think at 62k

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I’ll update the thread with that info , since technically it’s still under warranty If I do move forward I plan on getting a ppi before purchase and adding an extended service plan as well , but I’ll keep you updated
Great idea. If a dealership is doing the PPI, have them check the number of key cycles in the ECU. If the number is relatively low, it could mean the car has been tuned, which would spell disaster if you ever needed a new engine under warranty. Attached is the current ESP warranty from flood ford. Based on pricing alone, it looks to me like Ford thinks our cars will need a new engine sometime between 100k-150k miles and between years 6-8 of ownership.

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 12.06.56 PM.png

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Granted it's a tricky question.

If you intend to keep it a long time then I think it's a reasonable purchase. Not certain there is any sizable chance you could make anything in the short term. Since GT350's all have the Voodoo engine, and ICE's are going away (except of course for the forthcoming Z06), both R and non-R models are, and will continue to be, considered classics.

In full disclosure, with all that entails, including biases that I might have, I purchased a new 1969 Z in late 1968; currently have a 2019 GT350, two 1965 GT350's, a 1968 IMSA Trans Am Corvette race car, and a C7 Corvette Z06 w/710 hp; and previously a 1967 Corvette, black/black roadster, red stinger, side pipe, 435 hp, along with a 1969 Corvette black/black coupe, side pipe, 435 hp aluminum head limited production version, that had 6,800 miles when sold a few years ago. That will give you some idea of my background in context with how I am answering your question.

The only comparable group worth comparing to are 1969 Z28's, now that GT350's population is fixed. The numbers of both for their production years, in total, is roughly in the same ballpark.
For full disclosure I purchase a new Z in 1969. I view the current GT350, as a modern follow-on to the original Z. Both being high revving, great handling, great sounding (if the Z has the chambered exhaust), highly respected engines, only available with manual transmissions (a unique aspect), and a racing (Trans Am, and beyond) history.

So, where we then in my linking the two cars ? Today, a complete 1969 Z, essentially with original parts, documented, and in #1 shape, is about $140K. Granted it's been quite a few decades, but there has been a steady and continuous increase, as opposed to some cars that are suddenly discovered. Not going to bore anyone with the cases I could reference.

The key is for the car hobby to believe that a classic car has been built, without going into all the criteria and definitions involved. If your intended purchase is considered by enough people to be a future, and even current, classic then it's worthwhile for you to buy the car. How you keep it, and for how long, are both critical aspects.

Also to be considered, although it's very tricky as a price appreciation comparison, are the 1965 Shelby GT350's as a stand-alone group/or the whole 1965-1967 group. The additional complication factor is that this group has as one of its tremendous highlights the personality and accomplishments of Carroll Shelby. Other car/model group comparisons don't have such a factor, other than Enzo Ferrari.

I'm sure that there will be lots of comments on my above answer to you. Hope it helps to some extent. I recognize that I will be open to a variety of strong opinions, most of which I already know, but that there is not enough room here to get into.

Hope this helps you find your own particular answer to your purchasing question.

Last edited:
OP
OP

erictripz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
MB GLE 350

Private sale as well sorry forgot to mention.

OP
OP

erictripz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
MB GLE 350
Granted it's a tricky question.

If you intend to keep it a long time then I think it's a reasonable purchase. Not certain there is any sizable chance you could make anything in the short term. Since GT350's all have the Voodoo engine, and ICE's are going away (except of course for the forthcoming Z06), both R and non-R models are, and will continue to be, considered classics.

In full disclosure, with all that entails, including biases that I might have, I purchased a new 1969 Z in late 1968; currently have a 2019 GT350, two 1965 GT350's, a 1968 IMSA Trans Am Corvette race car, and a C7 Corvette Z06 w/710 hp; and previously a 1967 Corvette, black/black roadster, red stinger, side pipe, 435 hp, along with a 1969 Corvette black/black coupe, side pipe, 435 hp aluminum head limited production version, that had 6,800 miles when sold a few years ago. That will give you some idea of my background in context with how I am answering your question.

The only comparable group worth comparing to are 1969 Z28's, now that GT350's population is fixed. The numbers of both for their production years, in total, is roughly in the same ballpark.
For full disclosure I purchase a new Z in 1969. I view the current GT350, as a modern follow-on to the original Z. Both being high revving, great handling, great sounding (if the Z has the chambered exhaust), highly respected engines, only available with manual transmissions (a unique aspect), and a racing (Trans Am, and beyond) history.

So, where we then in my linking the two cars ? Today, a complete 1969 Z, essentially with original parts, documented, and in #1 shape, is about $140K. Granted it's been quite a few decades, but there has been a steady and continuous increase, as opposed to some cars that are suddenly discovered. Not going to bore anyone with the cases I could reference.

The key is for the car hobby to believe that a classic car has been built, without going into all the criteria and definitions involved. If your intended purchase is considered by enough people to be a future, and even current, classic then it's worthwhile for you to buy the car. How you keep it, and for how long, are both critical aspects.

Also to be considered, although it's very tricky as a price appreciation comparison, are the 1965 Shelby GT350's as a stand-alone group/or the whole 1965-1967 group. The additional complication factor is that this group has as one of its tremendous highlights the personality and accomplishments of Carroll Shelby. Other car/model group comparisons don't have such a factor, other than Enzo Ferrari.

I'm sure that there will be lots of comments on my above answer to you. Hope it helps to some extent. I recognize that I will be open to a variety of strong opinions, most of which I already know, but that there is not enough room here to get into.

Hope this helps you find your own particular answer to your purchasing question.
Ty for your reply it does help , I am 32 years of age and I’ve only owned 4 vehicles ever so I’d love to tell myself this would be for a very long , time will tell but I’ve slowly gone up with each car , this seems to be as high as I’d be willing to go , I can’t help but to think that if this were on the marketplace listed in multiple platforms it would of been gone the week it was listed , so I hope when I see it in person it is exactly what I’m thinking it to be , I’d be buying it to be driven and enjoyed not as a daily but definitely enjoyed very often

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If the sale is out of state, be sure you get all sorts of vids, photos, any documentation etc that you can to confirm the seller actually has the car... too many scams going on - and if you can't personally go and kick the tires on it - be very, very aware of "too good to be true" ads by those looking to take your money and run...

Sponsored
OP
OP

erictripz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
MB GLE 350
If the sale is out of state, be sure you get all sorts of vids, photos, any documentation etc that you can to confirm the seller actually has the car... too many scams going on - and if you can't personally go and kick the tires on it - be very, very aware of "too good to be true" ads by those looking to take your money and run...
It’s not out of state it’s actually in my state but about 90 miles from me , regardless of anything I’ll be checking out in person before any finances are discussed im taking the drive out this weekend and if it’s in the condition I hope it is then I’ll plan to have it taken to get inspected and the pre approval process started , it was the high mileage for me at first but I shouldn’t let that deter me ,

OP
OP

erictripz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
MB GLE 350
Also i do want to add i dont fully intend on this being a daily but i do plan on enjoying the car im not a racer or a track person but i do love going on cruises and i love the v8 sound , i just know ive found gt350s with 3k miles and around 5k miles id hate to get a car and then garage queen it , it will be in a garage but it also will be pulled out 4/7 days to get driven at the very least,

i have 0 intention of getting this car and feeling like i have to watch the miles just for resale value. this is a dream vehicle for me and maybe that explains what plans i have for this vehicle so even if i do get a 5k mile vehicle if i get rid of it it will easily have 7-9k miles per year added.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I would actually feel more comfortable knowing it has some miles on it. Go for it
Sponsored