corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Pretty cool data logging.

Just curious, how are you doing it - manual entries as you come across them, or is there a way to compile/extract such data from the web using a software tool? Asking because this is something I have been wanting to do for the 1994 Cobras.
Bash script that figures out every possible valid VIN for a 350 and hits trackmymustang.com with a request. The response can then be parsed for all the information. The tricky part was figuring out what the options codes mean, but got there with some trial and error.

I will probably make the script public on GitHub, although now that all available data is pulled, it's only useful for searching for new orders.

In order for it to work for any other make of car would require a public API that gives out the information. I don't know of one even for 2019 350s let alone 1994 Cobras. This is kind of why it's such an opportunity to get the data now. This time next year it would no longer be possible for the 2020s

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
great work!! how do we get something like this for the 2019. I've reached out to the Ford Perf Group to see if they have the final 2019 numbers yet but they have not answered. I'd just like to know how many R's were produced. I know there are at least 799 from one of the FB groups..
Unfortunately this is only possible because of the trackmymustang.com website that only has data on cars that have recently been produced or are scheduled to be produced. I doubt any 2019 cars will be on there.

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
dont see my car 1FA6P8JZXL5550501
Yea 0501 is a relatively early VIN and as I mention in the first post, this isn't intended to be a definitive list of all 2020 cars. If your car isn't on there, it means trackmymustang.com is no longer showing it.

I am adding Heritage cars that are missing if folks let me know so that it can be a somewhat incomplete registry of them.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
No; it means that the car is scheduled to begin being built on a day in the week listed as "Scheduled to Week"; and should begin being built on the Day listed. However, this is just building the car. Once "Produced" and leaving the production line, then trimming it out with stripes and and/or Carbon Fiber parts/wheels takes additional time. When the status says "Released" then it is ready to be shipped to a Dealer; and depending upon the means of transportation (rail vs truck) it can take up to several weeks to reach the dealer. Use the List of terms that Tomster provided to further explain the process.
Okay thanks that makes sense.

So Im guessing dealerships place the order for the vehicle and its options, and when delivered it just sits on the lot until some buys it?

I thought that the customers are the one who place the order but I could be wrong, I never had to deal with this before.

Sponsored

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Okay thanks that makes sense.

So Im guessing dealerships place the order for the vehicle and its options, and when delivered it just sits on the lot until some buys it?

I thought that the customers are the one who place the order but I could be wrong, I never had to deal with this before.
The way it worked for my car is the dealer ordered it in December and once I found out about it, I put down a deposit. The list will most likely be composite of customer ordered cars and dealer ordered cars (for their showrooms). My suspicion - and I have no evidence for this - is that most customers buy cars they didn't order.

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I really hope this creative project doesn't result in trackmymustang.com being limited in some way.

To me though seems like a win-win for everyone. Should result in more sales, more local customers, less shipping hassles, less cars rusting on lots and possibly more orders as people figure out which are going to be the most rare specs.

This however is one reason why I don't want to be posting any subjective data. I'm even cautious about marking something as sold unless I hear from the buyer themselves. The last thing I want is angry dealers getting in touch claiming I've impacted their business.

So apologies in advance if this has unintended consequences.

Ben

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
There is a ford performance webpage that explains the whole process. I cant seem to find it now.

B0N35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
Should result in more sales, more local customers
I've pretty much given up on finding a new 2019 in a configuration I want, so I thought about holding out for an iconic silver 2020... or just give up on getting a new GT350 all together.

Then I see in the spreadsheet that my local dealer is getting one 2020 GT350, loaded in iconic silver. If nothing else, this will also help me track other iconic that are semi-local.

Thanks for the work on this! Great job!

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I've pretty much given up on finding a new 2019 in a configuration I want, so I thought about holding out for an iconic silver 2020... or just give up on getting a new GT350 all together.

Then I see in the spreadsheet that my local dealer is getting one 2020 GT350, loaded in iconic silver. If nothing else, this will also help me track other iconic that are semi-local.

Thanks for the work on this! Great job!
This is the kind of story that makes it all worthwhile to me. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thread’s been linked under the Production numbers section. Please let me know if edits are needed.

It’s the people’s sticky...

Gt6guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350
L0008 VIN is wrong on the spread sheet.
It is 550884 on the car

OP
OP
corrieb

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
L0008 VIN is wrong on the spread sheet.
It is 550884 on the car
Ahh. Thanks. Someone sent me a whole list of missing 350 HEP VINs I was adding manually and a picture of L0008 came up on Google for the wrong VIN. I should have put a ? against it. Thanks for confirming.

Gt6guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350
Ahh. Thanks. Someone sent me a whole list of missing 350 HEP VINs I was adding manually and a picture of L0008 came up on Google for the wrong VIN. I should have put a ? against it. Thanks for confirming.
No problem. Great spread sheet.

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
This is awesome! Found my car - looking forward to it arriving so I can put my eyes on it! Can we expect to maybe see chassis numbers for the GT350's? hint hint :sunglasses:
Thanks for taking time to do this.
Sponsored