Sponsored

2020 GT Premium, what are you using for cleaning the dash and door panels?

Dinogirlsdad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I want to do a deep clean and I'm afraid of screwing up the dash and door panels so just been cleaning with a dry microfiber but it needs some attention. Are the panels and dash leather? What are you guys/gals using? Any recommendations for something that will work on seats well?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The dash and panels are not real leather. You can use any automovite interior cleaner and be fine. Chemical Guys has a Total Interior Cleaner that works well and you can use it on anything inside of the car. Makes it simple.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Heres my main products. All can be used on all surfaces except really the screen. (Inner QD can be)

I use this to actually clean and need to foam up stuff.
"P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner"
https://theragcompany.com/collectio...ts/ps-detail-products-xpress-interior-cleaner

I use this for general wipe downs when deep clean is not necessary.
"Car Pro Inner QD"
https://www.carpro-us.com/interior/carpro-innerqd-interior-quick-detailer-1-liter-34oz/

Dressing:
Glossyish
"Car Pro Perl" Diluted 1:3
https://www.carpro-us.com/wheels-trim/carpro-perl-500ml-17oz/

non glossy/OEM look
"Koche Chemie TS"
https://theragcompany.com/collections/koch-chemie/products/koch-chemie-top-star

Hope that helps.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I use Adam’s Interior Detailer and just got a bottle of Gyeon Interior detailer. Also a big fan of CarPro products as well

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I want to do a deep clean and I'm afraid of screwing up the dash and door panels so just been cleaning with a dry microfiber but it needs some attention. Are the panels and dash leather? What are you guys/gals using? Any recommendations for something that will work on seats well?

Thanks all!
Heres my main products. All can be used on all surfaces except really the screen. (Inner QD can be)

I use this to actually clean and need to foam up stuff.
"P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner"
https://theragcompany.com/collectio...ts/ps-detail-products-xpress-interior-cleaner

I use this for general wipe downs when deep clean is not necessary.
"Car Pro Inner QD"
https://www.carpro-us.com/interior/carpro-innerqd-interior-quick-detailer-1-liter-34oz/

Dressing:
Glossyish
"Car Pro Perl" Diluted 1:3
https://www.carpro-us.com/wheels-trim/carpro-perl-500ml-17oz/

non glossy/OEM look
"Koche Chemie TS"
https://theragcompany.com/collections/koch-chemie/products/koch-chemie-top-star

Hope that helps.
A +1 for MACHtobers Very Own recommendations.

Expanding further, no, the dash board is plastic with simulated stitching, so treat it like any other plastic or vinyl surface.

for interior "cleaning", you want pH neutral products. Avoid using an APC, these have a higher pH level and while they can certainly clean, they are more aggressive and can in fact cause issues if not diluted correctly.

This is where P&S Express comes into the equation. It's pre-diluted and ready to use, it's pH neutral and can be used to clean plastic, vinyl, leather and fabric. I love how it foams up under agitation and the clean, matte OE finish it leaves. Team it with a scrub pad, brush or simply with a towel to spray and wipe. I slept on this product for too long, its simply brilliant.

P&S Detail Products - Xpress Interior Cleaner | The Rag Company

IMG-1289.jpg

IMG-1292.jpg

At this point, you can then dress the interior plastics, Koch Chemie Top Star (satin sheen) or 303 Protectant (matte finish) are good choices. I have stopped dressing interiors because of the use of the products listed below in the next paragraph.

IMG-3509.jpg

I like to maintain with interior detailers. These have only mild cleaning ability, but with added UV protection. InnerQD is good because it will deliver the matte, OE finish. If you prefer a slight sheen, then I have been enjoying the new P&S Swift. Both can be used on every interior surface except fabric, that includes screens. You can also use a rinse-less wash for this role, I enjoy using ONR, the benefit being that it's cheap, very user friendly and very mild on all surfaces.

CARPRO InnerQD Interior Quick Detailer 500ml (17oz) (carpro-us.com)
P&S Detail Products - Swift Interior Clean & Shine | Rag Company – The Rag Company
Optimum - No Rinse Wash and Shine (ONR) | The Rag Company

IMG-0800.jpg

IMG_E8374.jpg

For leather, clean with Express and protect with ColourLock Leather Protector (Conditioner) or Koch Chemie Leather Star.

COLOURLOCK - Leather Conditioner | The Rag Company
Koch-Chemie - Leather Star | The Rag Company

IMG-2274.jpg

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
A +1 for MACHtobers Very Own recommendations.

Expanding further, no, the dash board is plastic with simulated stitching, so treat it like any other plastic or vinyl surface.

for interior "cleaning", you want pH neutral products. Avoid using an APC, these have a higher pH level and while they can certainly clean, they are more aggressive and can in fact cause issues if not diluted correctly.

This is where P&S Express comes into the equation. It's pre-diluted and ready to use, it's pH neutral and can be used to clean plastic, vinyl, leather and fabric. I love how it foams up under agitation and the clean, matte OE finish it leaves. Team it with a scrub pad, brush or simply with a towel to spray and wipe. I slept on this product for too long, its simply brilliant.

P&S Detail Products - Xpress Interior Cleaner | The Rag Company

IMG-1289.jpg

IMG-1292.jpg

At this point, you can then dress the interior plastics, Koch Chemie Top Star (satin sheen) or 303 Protectant (matte finish) are good choices. I have stopped dressing interiors because of the use of the products listed below in the next paragraph.

IMG-3509.jpg

I like to maintain with interior detailers. These have only mild cleaning ability, but with added UV protection. InnerQD is good because it will deliver the matte, OE finish. If you prefer a slight sheen, then I have been enjoying the new P&S Swift. Both can be used on every interior surface except fabric, that includes screens. You can also use a rinse-less wash for this role, I enjoy using ONR, the benefit being that it's cheap, very user friendly and very mild on all surfaces.

CARPRO InnerQD Interior Quick Detailer 500ml (17oz) (carpro-us.com)
P&S Detail Products - Swift Interior Clean & Shine | Rag Company – The Rag Company
Optimum - No Rinse Wash and Shine (ONR) | The Rag Company

IMG-0800.jpg

IMG_E8374.jpg

For leather, clean with Express and protect with ColourLock Leather Protector (Conditioner) or Koch Chemie Leather Star.

COLOURLOCK - Leather Conditioner | The Rag Company
Koch-Chemie - Leather Star | The Rag Company

IMG-2274.jpg
How do you like leather star? I've just been using TS/Perl to just avoid having another product on the shelf.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
How do you like leather star? I've just been using TS/Perl to just avoid having another product on the shelf.
I haven't used Leather Star. From what I can tell, LS tends to produce a glossier finish, which I really don't love. If you like shiny leather, it would be one of the better options.

What I like about the ColourLock Leather Protector/Conditioner is that it levels down to a matte finish, while still feeling soft. Same for NV Nourish.

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Last edited:

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The dash and panels are not real leather. You can use any automovite interior cleaner and be fine. Chemical Guys has a Total Interior Cleaner that works well and you can use it on anything inside of the car. Makes it simple.
this is what I use too, it doesn't leave anything glossy. or after my rinseless wash I'll have leftover solution and just use that to wipe everything down

Sponsored

Jerryinpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt

Thanks all!
Hi, I've been using Simple Green for a interior cleaner for many years, really cleans well, never seen any damage.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I like Carpro Inner QD for basic wipe downs and Inside diluted 1:1 for heavier cleaning. Perl 1:4 for dressing works for me since I have perl already on the shelf. I found an old bottle of Chemical guys Silk shine the other day and tried it again. It works really well but a little shiny for my taste.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
It works really well but a little shiny for my taste.
Skinny: You gave me a helluva chuckle this morning with that statement. <still grinning>

We spend umpteen amounts of money on every paint improving product known to man JUST to GET "shiny."

Thanks for making my morning. :-)
Sponsored