Sponsored

2020 exhaust noises

Txclyde1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350#43
Sorry as I’m sure this has been discussed.. My 2020 GT350 cycles through the exhaust when I start it cold ( as they all do).Yesterday I was walking into the garage and it started the cycling. My keys are in the house, it hasn’t been driven in at least a week.Do others do this? I had a 2015 GT350 and it never did any of the cycling. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Do you lock the car? If left unlocked, the car occasionally does random checks on the systems. This also leads to the battery draining quicker.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
My buddy refers to mine as R2D2.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Txclyde1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350#43
Do you lock the car? If left unlocked, the car occasionally does random checks on the systems. This also leads to the battery draining quicker.
It’s in my garage unlocked , I guess I’ll have to lock it ?

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
Sweet- Im going to go lock mine in the garage now...learn something new everyday here!

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Yes, it will prevent the electronics from constantly cycling as if you just unlocked it. And it will cut down on the electrical drain of the battery.
Just to clarify, locking the without making that beep sound will still drain the battery as the car isn't in deep sleep. Locking it with making the beep sound will put it in deep sleep and won't drain the battery

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Just to clarify, locking the without making that beep sound will still drain the battery as the car isn't in deep sleep. Locking it with making the beep sound will put it in deep sleep and won't drain the battery
You're referring to pressing the "lock" button on the remote twice, I believe. My car will go into deep sleep mode if just normally locked, after 2 weeks undisturbed. But just normal locking(pressing "lock" once), I've never had the car cycle the exhaust valves as the OP describes while off.
And once in deep sleep mode, that disables everything in car until started again. Fine when the car is in for long term storage. But it also disables the alert you receive on the FordPass app, should the theft alarm on the car be triggered. And also the location tracking on the FordPass app. Something very useful when the car is turned off and locked for a short time, should someone attempt to, or even steal it.
Sponsored