Sponsored

2020 EcoBoost High Performance Package, 330 HP / 350 LB-FT, 0-60 mid 4's [Updated With Video]

ApplesAndOranges

Dare to compare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
If is mid 4 it's faster as the GT is 4.7 to 60 though the GT has higher top speed. Overall that's a big hit to guys like me that just bought 17 GT's.
A basic tune and intercooler on a 2015 mustang makes it faster 0-60 than a GT. Not much has changed in that area.
Sponsored

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
Guys,

As a current (and pretty pissed now) owner of an 18 Orange Fury EB PP manual, I think most of you are missing the point here. The Focus RS engine is a closed deck block versus the current 2.3 in the Ecoboost Mustang which is open deck. I am FBO and am capped at around 350 whp to avoid Ecoboom. I can not go much higher than 370whp without upgrading internals. This engine from the RS with the same 3k worth of mods that I have will be able to do 500-550 whp with a good tune (my guess).

Therefore I am fucking pissed that this wasn't how the car was made originally.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
A lot of people questioning the 0-60 time itt. I remember people with a 15-17 EcoBoost shaving nearly a second off of their 0-60 with a CAI and a performance tune, bringing it down from 5.7-ish to 4.8-ish iirc.
Plus, just like the current GT, I’m sure that crank hp rating is a lie (being able to shut off variable valve timing for the hp tests is the new cheat afaik) :p

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Guys,

As a current (and pretty pissed now) owner of an 18 Orange Fury EB PP manual, I think most of you are missing the point here. The Focus RS engine is a closed deck block versus the current 2.3 in the Ecoboost Mustang which is open deck. I am FBO and am capped at around 350 whp to avoid Ecoboom. I can not go much higher than 370whp without upgrading internals. This engine from the RS with the same 3k worth of mods that I have will be able to do 500-550 whp with a good tune (my guess).

Completely agree. They should have done this car with the 2018 refresh.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
What is the 3k worth of mods? A lot of what I've seen recently is that the RS motor would be good for another 50whp on top of what the current 2.3 is. That doesn't sound like 500whp to me.

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
This is definitely the biggest head scratcher of the S550/Ford Performance era. In the SVT/197 days, I wouldn't have questioned the car but now I do. Ford just changed all of its Sport models over to ST models. Why would the Mustang team launch a "serialized" car with a unique imported engine only for this car. This screams a Ford Performance Mustang ST but it isn't.

They really missed the mark on this car. It could have had a Unique ST grill, spoiler, wheels, red calipers and badging. Start it at 29,999 for the ST1 with base cloth seats and base radio. ST2 with cloth ST Recaros and GT PP Brembos. ST3 with leather ST Recaros, GT PP Brembos, Magnaride and Digital Dash. It would fill the void as the entry level Ford Performance vehicle left by the Fiesta and Focus. Would have been an incredible Autocross vehicle. Would have kept the ST Octane School alive at Ford Performance Racing School. A Mustang ST just makes sense.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Hmmm. Why would they take the fog lights away?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
More performance is always welcome but they really missed the mark with the retro styling queues.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Beautiful car -- and really respectable numbers! And it sounds too flatulent.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
This new High Performance option can be added to a base or premium EB. Base EB, doesn’t have fog lights.

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
This new High Performance option can be added to a base or premium EB. Base EB, doesn’t have fog lights.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I was about to post that they've been integrated into the turn signals since 2018, but you're right, that little section that's used for a fog light on the 2018+ is missing on the "HPP" EcoBoost. :question:

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Guys,

Well I hope you can sleep easy now, the Focus RS 2.3 engine uses an open deck block.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
What is the 3k worth of mods? A lot of what I've seen recently is that the RS motor would be good for another 50whp on top of what the current 2.3 is. That doesn't sound like 500whp to me.
Ok so maybe not 500 I just kinda guesstimated that. But my mods are an intercooler, intake, cobb ap, custom tune, catless downpipe, catbacj exhaust, step colder plugs.

If it's only good for a 50whp bump without engine modification, then I see no reason to get this over a regular pp ecoboost.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Guys,

The RS 2.3 is open deck...it's the ST 2.0 block that's closed deck, a lot of us built an RS motor with the ST block or pinned it. Here is a pic of my RS 2.3 when it was getting one of a few headgaskets done...

No way on the 500-550whp also, I was FBO, e35 tuned to 440hp/450tq at the crank and it was still going through HG's. (even with APR studs)

hg3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: