Sponsored

2020 Bulitt at dealer. What to offer ?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any idea why the cars vary so much in price in certain areas?
in commie-fornia's case it's easy - the regulatory burden and general cost of business is MUCH higher.
Sponsored

murphyrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'60 Corvette, '63 E Type
in commie-fornia's case it's easy - the regulatory burden and general cost of business is MUCH higher.
Having owned a couple of motorcycle dealerships here, there's some truth to that - but that's not the whole story. Generally speaking, vehicle flooring companies (manufacturer or third party) own the dealer's inventory until either it's sold or curtailed - meaning they're done flooring it and you send them a check for the full amount owed, no longer just the monthly interest. Traditionally, curtailment occurs when a vehicle has its first birthday on your lot. Like most dealers, I never wanted to pay curtailment as it really eats into your working capital. So I would pay my sales guys extra so that seldom happened - even if it meant taking a loss on a vehicle.

So the mystery is why aren't some dealers in particular areas more inclined to move Bullitts that they have had for over a year? I guess that Ford's flooring company could have extended the flooring period past a year, but I don't know that.

Beetleything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rocket Ship - Space Cadet :)
Like the original poster, I’ve been getting quotes from dealers that are within my driving range in central California for one of the leftover 2019 Bullitts. I want a green car with the Electronics package and the Magna-Ride suspension, without the Recaros. I make no attempt to hide the fact that I’m a shameless bottom-feeder and that the price would have to be somewhere near $42K + fees for me to pull the trigger.

In spite of the fact that many of these cars have been on their lots for over a year and customers are almost non-existent thanks to the lockdown, not a single dealer I’ve contacted has come anywhere close to the deals that you regularly see outside of California – particularly on the East Coast. I think that my local dealers genuinely don’t know how the East Coast and Mid-West dealers can offer these cars for about $4K less than they can. Hard to believe that Ford’s back-end incentive programs would be regional. I suppose if the dealers offering great deals were getting money from their local dealer groups to move 2019’s, that could explain it.

Anyone have any idea why the cars vary so much in price in certain areas?

You say contacted - Thru phone / internet ? I'm guessing yes.

I think if you go to the actual place and talk to a sales person and test drive etc. build a relationship. You might get a better response.

murphyrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'60 Corvette, '63 E Type
You say contacted - Thru phone / internet ? I'm guessing yes.

I think if you go to the actual place and talk to a sales person and test drive etc. build a relationship. You might get a better response.
I always try to give my local dealer my business. And since he had 3 2019's that looked like they haven't moved a foot for about a year as they are creating a new facility, I thought they might be more receptive than they were. I had to return for my test drive as all three were too filthy to see out of and had dead batteries, so I've had quite a bit of time to chat with the sales guys. I even showed the sales manager several cars advertised on cars.com that were offered for about $9K less than what he wanted, but he wouldn't budge on the price. They don't have to be the lowest price to get my business, but they do have to make an effort.

Unfortunately, the next closest dealers to me with these cars are all over 150 miles away, so I have been forced to email and call. Otherwise, I would agree with your approach.

Beetleything

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rocket Ship - Space Cadet :)

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Green. List is 51,880 Current price is 46,587. I know Bullitt's are selling slowly along with the virus thing, I'd think dealers would be happy to deal. Options: electronics pk, car cover, and magna ride. What would you offer ?
What is invoice on a Bullitt ?
Thanks.
Thanks.
OP, Did you get a Bullitt yet?!!!

murphyrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'60 Corvette, '63 E Type
Just out of curiosity I searched for all new V8 2019 Mustangs within 300 miles. About half of them are Bullitts, I was shocked at such a big proportion. Some are listed for as little as $41K, and many for under $45K...

https://www.buykerryford.com/new/Ford/2019-Ford-Mustang-57c511fb0a0e0aea3d4ebb19e615e65e.htm
It is crazy, Alan. And Mike's example is what I'm talking about - $8 to $11K discounts in several parts of the country with other locations doing nothing more than whatever Ford is offering with that month's incentive program. Why these dealers aren't dying to get cars that have been on their lots for over a year gone now is beyond me.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It is crazy, Alan. And Mike's example is what I'm talking about - $8 to $11K discounts in several parts of the country with other locations doing nothing more than whatever Ford is offering with that month's incentive program. Why these dealers aren't dying to get cars that have been on their lots for over a year gone now is beyond me.
Because those Dealers think they can still get top $$$ just because it’s a (insert 50th LE, Bullitt, GT350, GT350R, etc. here).... they’re waiting for that sap who will come in and still overpay for that aged vehicle just because...

There’s a slew of a Bullitts still on dealer lots everywhere... search any of the well known online car sales sites and they are easy to find.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Largest differences are: 1) no gas guzzler tax & 2) no ford pass connect.
What is 'Ford Pass connect'? Doesn't sound like something I want, but just curious what 2019s are missing. And about the gas guzzler tax, what the hell happened there? Just checked Ford's website, and they list the Bullitt as 15/25. Window stickers for 2019s show 15/24, and window stickers for 2020s show 14/23. It's the same damn car, right?

Finally, I'm looking for a 2019 with MR, e-package, no Recaros ($51,xxx) with the largest discount possible. Found one with just 8 miles for $40,840 out the door (plus TTL in my state of TX), but it's in freaking OH. I live in El Paso. One local dealer has FOUR 2019s, but it's the worst dealer in town. Will go Saturday, but I wouldn't doubt they still have them over sticker. Ha ha. Three of those (2 blacks, 1 green) are equipped like I want. I think they're early ones, so also have to check mileage. With a manual car, and people not knowing how to drive them properly, I don't want any test-drives, if at all possible. So might have to look around at several. Any tips would be welcome :D. Thx.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but it's in freaking OH. I live in El Paso
So? Book a flight. You'll probably be the only person on the plane. Drive it back. Half way there pop into a dealership and get the first oil change. Drive all the neat looking secondary roads and explore America.

murphyrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'60 Corvette, '63 E Type
Because those Dealers think they can still get top $$$ just because it’s a (insert 50th LE, Bullitt, GT350, GT350R, etc. here).... they’re waiting for that sap who will come in and still overpay for that aged vehicle just because...

There’s a slew of a Bullitts still on dealer lots everywhere... search any of the well known online car sales sites and they are easy to find.
I hear you. There is a dealer in LA still looking to get $10K over sticker. I guess there still is one born every minute...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So? Book a flight. You'll probably be the only person on the plane
I wish. Ha ha. To get out of my crappy city, plane would be pretty full, and it'd be a small plane at that (double seats only, not triple). Only a few leaving, so they're pretty full now. And TX lifted restrictions, so no more 'seat blocking'. Can't risk catching the damn virus now, after 4 months of chemo, and 2 to go. But yeah, if I could do it with less risk, I would :D.

Its a 4G wireless connectivity via AT&T. It allows remote connection to car to check diagnostic, lock/unlock doors, remote start on auto trans vehicles.
My 2018 truck has that. I only used the Hot-Spot Wi-Fi until it ran out. So 2019 Bullitts don't even have hot-spot wi-fi??? I could swear I saw that on the window stickers of several 2019s. I don't care about the Ford App, so I wouldn't sign up again anyway. Thank you for the info.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
.....So 2019 Bullitts don't even have hot-spot wi-fi??? I could swear I saw that on the window stickers of several 2019s....
Yeah!.. A lot of us 19 Bullitt owners saw the same but got screwed!. Somewhere along production, ALL the required gear to make that happen was.... not installed.
Sponsored