Sponsored

2019 Shelby GT Mustang Revealed At Woodward!

Deleted member 35644

Shelby makes the exact opposite product that I'd ever want. For me, put every $ into the engine, and forget all the paint, plastic, and badges. I much rather shock the hell out of someone at a stoplight than have a car look faster than it really is. They pulled a similar stunt with the Shelby Focus ST. Some suspension bits, louder exhaust, a lot of decals, hood vents, and 252 horsepower. For $15,000 extra. Check, please.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
No thanks, I'll keep my eyes out for the GT500.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
hmmmm...notice who's car was in the garage and which one was sitting outside? :cwl::clock::giggle:
It took a year to convince my wife to keep my Stang in Garage and the minivan outside during the driving season. I keep trying to convince her that we should eventually purchase another coupe or 350 so we can go racing together... I think this video is just the ticket:question::sun:

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
"The naturally aspirated version produces 480 horsepower. The additional horsepower comes from a new exhaust... • Shelby by Borla cat-back exhaust"

So this is the second "specialty" vehicle released claiming a twenty HP boost from mods that are known to not really affect horsepower, that combined with the in the wild dyno reports, and trap speeds from stock GT's kind of confirms conservative ratings on the stockers.
Maybe Ford is provide them with the tune file from the Bullit ?

Its a relatively mild bump, like Mustang got from 2012 to 2013.... 8hp from 412 to 420hp with no changes to the engine. The first year or 2 they often under rate the engine just to be conservative. As they fine tune the production line for the engines, refine the tunes slightly maybe too, they get or rate for a few extra hp.

DeerLick

Blehhhhhh.....
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red GT Premium PP1
What's with all the hate? Granted they're a bit overpriced in my opinion, I think they actually look pretty cool.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
What's with all the hate? Granted they're a bit overpriced in my opinion, I think they actually look pretty cool.
Agreed. I actually like it. Looks good.

Aliaszero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
That IS the GT500: “Ford Performance supercharger (availability TBD)”
that is not the gt500. ford produces a supercharger for the normal mustang GT engine. They are just saying that it will be available later. These cars are from Shelby America and are not factory ford vehicles.

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Yep, looks great. Especially like the hood. Hope this (or similar from another company) will be available as a separate item.

Consider me a fan

CFUG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
...Somebody finally fixed the 2018 facelift. Ford please pay attention and make the 2020 like this.
Honestly, the 2018 "facelift", as you guys call it, is much better than the worthless plastic on the front of these...

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I would like to see this hood photoshopped onto a 2018 to see what it looks like.

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
And they say Camaro F Bodies look like a catfish..............no thanks, no my thing.

I'm still ordering a REAL 2019 Shelby GT350 when available.

Looks like a car in some ricer game. :punch:

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
"The naturally aspirated version produces 480 horsepower. The additional horsepower comes from a new exhaust... • Shelby by Borla cat-back exhaust"

So this is the second "specialty" vehicle released claiming a twenty HP boost from mods that are known to not really affect horsepower, that combined with the in the wild dyno reports, and trap speeds from stock GT's kind of confirms conservative ratings on the stockers.

Aren't most of these 2018+ making over 490HP bone stock anyways?

If they get sued they will show a dyno close to 500HP.

I remember back around 2000 when the LS1 Camaro was being marketed as 350HP, when the identical engine in the Vette was making 380HP.

So a bunch of Tuners were throwing some lousy bolt on guaranteeing at least 380HP, lol. :giggle:
Sponsored