OP

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Ugh. I noticed the Ceramic Pro shop chipped the calipers. Argh. Fixed it with a bottle of Testors Gloss Red paint... a perfect match.
B223C3D0-6296-4C06-884F-CCDEBAA4C4A2.jpeg
73F98A2A-0770-462A-A119-056B41A42FE7.jpeg
F1AC4ACA-C60C-453E-A0C9-37DD73828273.jpeg
0558D43D-BEF5-4B4C-BF8A-335218674468.jpeg
535995C9-3158-4D69-8DC3-DD7A43346D12.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Update: We dropped the Ruby Red Flame off at TPS Motorsports in San Jose for the big mod. I hope to get her back for this weekend and the San Jose Mustang Road Trip to Monterey.

Here is a list of the mods ordered for this week :

- New Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Install (with updated cooling system and latest Roush Tune w/ 3y/36K Warranty)
- DynoJet Testing (Before Mods and After Supercharging)
- New Oil Pump Gears and Sprocket (Boundary OPG, Cavitation Plate, Sprocket)
- New J&M Suspension Work specifically designed for tightening a Vert
- J&M Subframe Alignment Kit
- J&M Adjustable Rear Toe Links
- J&M Full Length Jacking Rails (for bracing purposes)
- J&M Rear Vertical Links with Delrin
- Install the new Performance Brakes (Brembo Red Calipers)
- Install RockBlox for all 4 wheels
- Re-install Strut Tower Brace with custom "fittings" to make it fit.
- Roush Coil Covers

And a final pic.. before surgery. She looks great... after this work, we are 90% done with our mods.

IMG_2556.jpeg

OP
OP

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Quick update: The Ruby Red Flame is still at the TPS Speed Lab in San Jose. It’s taking longer than expected to make the upgrades. The TPS team has been waiting on the suspension parts to arrive... should be in the next couple of days.

We did run into a weird snag... after the Roush Phase 2 install and Roush tune flash, the AC stopped working. It’s throwing a fault code around voltage.... the team is going to call Roush Monday to troubleshoot.

I stopped by the shop to take a picture of the work in progress... and yes....the engine bay is looking sweet!!

986EECA6-7EC9-46C7-9125-AC78613BDF33.jpeg

OP
OP

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Update: After the TPS crew called Roush, they found out that the AC and Roush programming have to settle for about 24 hours before everything works correctly. Sure enough, after just 24 hours, the AC control started working perfectly -- and have been since. Anyone else experience this?

The suspension parts are still delayed, so instead of letting the car sit at the TPS Speedlab, we picked it up to enjoy it for the next couple of weeks while we wait.

The Roush Phase 2 Supercharger is an amazing modification. The car is totally transformed. When driving on light throttle, you would never know the engine was modified at all and the ride and handling is wonderful. When you hit the throttle, the car is like a rocket ship. The new Nitto 555RII drag radials on the Shelby CS-5s hookup nicely under throttle.

Here are the dyno results before and after the Roush Stage 2 install. Interestingly enough, the NA version of the engine was 439 HP to the rear wheels stock -- which they tell me is one of the highest generating NA 2019 GT motors. After install, the car is reliably putting down 660HP to the rear wheels, up 220hp.

Dyno.png

Sponsored

OP
OP

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Took her out today.... such an amazing car. It really is different when you build your own masterpiece.

Love the Roush Phase 2 supercharger — you wouldn’t want it any faster, IMHO. So much fun, and a head turner...

B9F068AD-5084-4728-95DF-0D543E94C45A.jpeg

OP
OP

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the delay in updates... we have been consumed by family health priorities.

As a quick update, we now completed the suspension modifications and we couldn't be happier. Honestly, I was concerned about the suspension changes, as I didn't want to "ruin" the ride of this car. I had read concerns about how some suspension tweaks can really make the ride quality poor.

I am happy to report this is NOT THE CASE at all.

My changes include: J&M Suspension (Subframe Alignment Kit, Adjustable Rear Toe Links, Full Length Jacking Rails, Vertical links).

As a reminder, we are setup to run on new 19 inch Shelby CS-5 Gloss Black Wheels, Nitto 555RII 305s (Rear) Nitto 555G2 275s (Front)

The installation was done by TPS Motorsports in San Jose and included a full alignment.

The improvement in handling and tightness of the car is significant. In concert with the new wheels and tires, it handles much better, like a precision street-fighter.

1). Body creak is gone (attributed to the subframe alignment and jacking rails).​
2). Wheel hop is gone. (Apparently the 'stop the hop' kit is overpriced in comparison)​
3). Planted acceleration (Much better alignment under thrust.)​
4). No noise or rattle (some folks indicated they have experienced this in the past)​

This is as far as I plan to take the suspension on the car.

On the dash trim, I purchased a used carbon fiber piece for the interior of the car (from a member of this forum), and with a little refurbishment and refinishing, it looks really good. Here is a picture of the carbon fiber trim installed.

DSC_6972.jpeg

Next modification: A GT 350 wing in gloss carbon fiber... coming soon!

OP
OP

RubyRedFlame

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Today I finished my vision for this car build, we added a BMC Carbon Fiber GT350 Trackpack spoiler. It fit like a glove.

Combined with my carbon fiber interior pieces, this really sets the car off. Super happy how this came out and really thrilled with our Roush Charged, 760 crank HP, custom suspension, performance Shelby wheels, carbon fiber Mustang GT Convertible.

The third-party ecosystem of the S550 is so much fun.

Here are some pictures of the Ruby Red Flame with her new spoiler.

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

EZ-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eliam
Vehicle(s)
Whipple charged 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Today I finished my vision for this car build, we added a BMC Carbon Fiber GT350 Trackpack spoiler. It fit like a glove.

Combined with my carbon fiber interior pieces, this really sets the car off. Super happy how this came out and really thrilled with our Roush Charged, 760 crank HP, custom suspension, performance Shelby wheels, carbon fiber Mustang GT Convertible.

The third-party ecosystem of the S550 is so much fun.

Here are some pictures of the Ruby Red Flame with her new spoiler.

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg
Spoiler looks great, was thinking of getting the same one, but wasn’t sure on how it would look on the vert.

Looks really good
Sponsored