2019 R Headliner Plastic Button

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
After driving home my 2019 R on its first ride, I found a button size plastic cover that has small speaker like holes on the back floor. I tried to reinsert it into the rear of the headliner but there was nothing for it to grab onto. Seems like what's between the headliner and the inner roof is missing or the clip is broken. My local dealer ordered a replacement plastic cover weeks ago but just informed me that the whole headliner needs to be replace under warranty. Does anyone know what that little speaker cover is for? I suspect that what it is supposed to clip to is somewhere lost behind the liner.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
After driving home my 2019 R on its first ride, I found a button size plastic cover that has small speaker like holes on the back floor. I tried to reinsert it into the rear of the headliner but there was nothing for it to grab onto. Seems like what's between the headliner and the inner roof is missing or the clip is broken. My local dealer ordered a replacement plastic cover weeks ago but just informed me that the whole headliner needs to be replace under warranty. Does anyone know what that little speaker cover is for? I suspect that what it is supposed to clip to is somewhere lost behind the liner.
A picture is worth 1,000 words. I dont seem to recall such a cover on my Rs. Do you have a photo?

OP
OP

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Attached photo is hole in liner at rear of car I lost the plastic button but it had speaker like pin holes and is designed to clip into something in the head liner that isn't there anymore. Is this new to the 19's?
IMG_4350.JPG

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
interesting !!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Attached photo is hole in liner at rear of car I lost the plastic button but it had speaker like pin holes and is designed to clip into something in the head liner that isn't there anymore. Is this new to the 19's?
IMG_4350.JPG
I still can't place where this is. I'll be home tomorrow. I'll see what I can find.

OP
OP

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
The picture I took is at the back of the car, the bottom of the picture is the rear window with my garage door in the distance. My car has the upgraded audio system, not sure if it's part of a noise canceling system I've seen mentioned in another post.
Sponsored