350R exhaust drone after headliner replacement

ruboz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
My dealer replaced the headliner on my 19 R after I found a plastic nickle sized speaker like cover on the rear seat delete area. As stated in another post, I assumed the round hole in my headliner was maybe part of the noise enhancement / cancelation feature. The dealer replaced the headliner with one that has no hole, instead of just the cover and I now have the most annoying exhaust drone during cold starts and low RPM. I also notice a little drone when in silent mode at highway speeds when modulating the throttle, loud mode is the same except during low RPMs when stopping. I also found that the noises were at their worst when I first picked the car up from this repair, it seemed to sound completely different at all RPM's. It got better after a stop start cycle, not sure if the computer relearned something.

Does anyone have any information on how the noise cancellation system works? Where are the mic's that pick up the unwanted frequencys? I feel that I may be missing one.

I have a follow up appointment with dealer tomorrow to fix the shifter trim they broke on the shifter recall fix and plan on asking parts department on if there's a different part number for the headliner since my original had the hole with a speaker grill.
Sponsored