Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

redneck ron

Dummy up Meathead!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A/Race Red
Our order was placed 3/18. Dealer just called and said Ford gave them a ETA of 7/9. He said it will fluctuate. I’m going to forget I ordered it, and than in a few months I’ll have a nice surprise.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Our order was placed 3/18. Dealer just called and said Ford gave them a ETA of 7/9. He said it will fluctuate. I’m going to forget I ordered it, and than in a few months I’ll have a nice surprise.
Sounds about right. Ask them for the Dora and the VIN#/build week. Dora to ensure the order was placed and VIN# so you can track it. Build week so you know what week it should be in production.

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Took almost 2 months exactly to get my VIN...
I second what Joël - O.L. said - that the dealer would be the fault of that.

I placed my order at the end of December, and had my vin .. I think it was on Jan 17th. So a few weeks, but not 2 months. But I had my dealer order number the very next week of putting my deposit down, so I knew they had done their part - that's the number you want to get from the dealer (DORA) to show they've placed it. (There's a sticky on this forum about the whole process)

If I had to guess, I'm looking at beginning of May to get mine. :crackup: What a painful ordering process - all I can do is laugh at this point. I'll get in the car eventually I guess! :party:

**Edit: And what IronG said.

Racered pp2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 race red GT PP2, 1985 Mustang gt coyote swapped
My order for a 301A 6M with active exhaust was placed on Feb 20th and I still don't have a VIN from my dealer.
I ordered it from Northway Ford in Brantford, Ontario. Dealership has 23 mustangs on the lot so I thought they'd had better pull than the smaller dealerships closer to where I live...

Wondering if anyone had a similar build and/or order date in the GTA area or anywhere else?

Spring weather is upon us and I can't see myself waiting 3-4 months for this car, I'd rather pick one up from a dealership at that point.
I ordered mine on Feb 23rd have my vin in under 2 weeks from Markville ford

Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Position Received: 3 minutes ago (2019-03-28 10:13 (UTC))
Vessel's Local Time: 2019-03-28 05:13 (UTC -5)
Area: ECCA - Panama Canal
Latitude / Longitude: 9.497811° / -79.93806°
Speed/Course: 8.0kn / 120°

upload_2019-3-28_21-20-19.png

got_stanged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Shadow Black, 401A, Performance package, Active Exhaust & Enhanced Security
My order for a 301A 6M with active exhaust was placed on Feb 20th and I still don't have a VIN from my dealer.
I ordered it from Northway Ford in Brantford, Ontario. Dealership has 23 mustangs on the lot so I thought they'd had better pull than the smaller dealerships closer to where I live...

Wondering if anyone had a similar build and/or order date in the GTA area or anywhere else?

Spring weather is upon us and I can't see myself waiting 3-4 months for this car, I'd rather pick one up from a dealership at that point.
I have ordered my car from there too. After 2 weeks from your order date. I got my dealer code and order number. Talk to ford performance and check if they have assigned a VIN#. Ford mentioned that a VIN# has been assigned and my Sales agent mentioned yesterday that he will ask his manager and get back to me with a number. My build is in May and expecting delivery in June. Let me know how it goes for you. Are you getting any discount on Maintenance?

barilda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, magnetic grey, 301A, 6M, active exhaust
I have ordered my car from there too. After 2 weeks from your order date. I got my dealer code and order number. Talk to ford performance and check if they have assigned a VIN#. Ford mentioned that a VIN# has been assigned and my Sales agent mentioned yesterday that he will ask his manager and get back to me with a number. My build is in May and expecting delivery in June. Let me know how it goes for you. Are you getting any discount on Maintenance?
He said he'd get back to me today about the VIN#. I'll ask for the dealer code and order number as well and let you know when the build and delivery is scheduled with the tracking website. I'm expecting a pretty similar delivery date to yours though.
No I'm not aware if I'm getting any discounts on maintenance, but when I was shopping around I told him I'll probably do routine maintenance at my local dealer instead so that's why he might've not offered it. I live in Guelph so driving an hour to brantford for an oil change isn't very convenient.
I'm getting the X-plan discount on top of the regular delivery allowances, and a few free accessories but that's about it.
I plan on trading in my vehicle, or doing a convenience deal; but it's kind of tricky to do a convenience deal or sell privately when you don't know when the car's gonna land.

Reactions: lew

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I second what Joël - O.L. said - that the dealer would be the fault of that.

I placed my order at the end of December, and had my vin .. I think it was on Jan 17th. So a few weeks, but not 2 months. But I had my dealer order number the very next week of putting my deposit down, so I knew they had done their part - that's the number you want to get from the dealer (DORA) to show they've placed it. (There's a sticky on this forum about the whole process)

If I had to guess, I'm looking at beginning of May to get mine. :crackup: What a painful ordering process - all I can do is laugh at this point. I'll get in the car eventually I guess! :party:

**Edit: And what IronG said.
Based off of what you guys have said, it makes sense to me that the dealer ordered the car this "wrong" way. They didn't ask for anything down and I'm sure if I backed out the car would sell super quick anyways. Can't blame them for pushing an order slower without the seriousness of a down payment. I wonder if I pushed to give them some cash up front if it would have changed their process...

Last edited:

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Can't blame them for pushing an order slower without the seriousness of a down payment. I wonder if I pushed to give them some cash up front if it would have changed their process...
Don’t know about that, my car was ordered 10/20/18 with me voluntarily putting $4,000 down up front in October. Sat Unscheduled/clean until I convinced the dealer to check into their allocation in January 2019 ( they had none as I suspected) and then even though I had $4,000 down and a $3,000 trade-in, Ford still scheduled my car to be built during the steering wheel crisis....and there she sits, In Production since 2/19/19. They could care less about the money down imo

Sponsored

barilda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
How does one get in contact with Ford Performance to check if they assigned a VIN# to my order?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
How does one get in contact with Ford Performance to check if they assigned a VIN# to my order?
You need to get the VIN from your dealer, then you can try Ford Performance. It's hard to work with them without it, and they can only look it up with a dealer code and order number.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Yeah Zooks is right about the vin.
Got an e-mail from my dealer. His ETA for my GT is week of 4/10 so current order tracking DD of 4/16 may be right on. My birthday happens to be 4/11.:fingerscrossed:

barilda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Yeah Zooks is right about the vin.
Got an e-mail from my dealer. His ETA for my GT is week of 4/10 so current order tracking DD of 4/16 may be right on. My birthday happens to be 4/11.:fingerscrossed:
When did you place your order?