Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Snakes&horses

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby gt500 vert tungsten grey stripe delete black/red int.,2019 GT 400a PP1 A10 spoiler delete RR coupe
Vehicle Showcase
my pp2 was delivered today!

picking her up tomorrow!

3/28 -> 11/05

thats how many days i've been waiting to get this car.
Congrats on the arrival:like:
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Anticipating delays like this are why I haven't ordered mine yet. Since I'm looking for PP1 with MagnaRide, I've been anticipating 16 weeks. I didn't want to get into a "Hey, summer performance tires in New England in January!" situation, I'm trying to time when to place an order with desired delivery around the beginning of April.

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
Anticipating delays like this are why I haven't ordered mine yet. Since I'm looking for PP1 with MagnaRide, I've been anticipating 16 weeks. I didn't want to get into a "Hey, summer performance tires in New England in January!" situation, I'm trying to time when to place an order with desired delivery around the beginning of April.
If you want it delivered in April you need to order it now. I ordered it in September and it won't be built until January.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
If you want it delivered in April you need to order it now. I ordered it in September and it won't be built until January.
Yeah, that's kind of the vibe I've been feeling.

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I had ordered mine August 17th and was told 6-8 weeks. This week is week 12 and now I’m told it won’t be built till end of January at best and likely March before I get it. 6-8 weeks turning into 7+ months. I’m in a bad place as they have my current 2014 GT and my deposit.

I have a meeting at the dealer tomorrow to determine next steps. If I had known upfront I could have made an informed decision. I would not had ordered if I had known. At this point I don’t want the car anymore and will see where things land.

Sponsored

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
I had ordered mine August 17th and was told 6-8 weeks. This week is week 12 and now I’m told it won’t be built till end of January at best and likely March before I get it. 6-8 weeks turning into 7+ months. I’m in a bad place as they have my current 2014 GT and my deposit.

I have a meeting at the dealer tomorrow to determine next steps. If I had known upfront I could have made an informed decision. I would not had ordered if I had known. At this point I don’t want the car anymore and will see where things land.
Exactly what happened to me. Ordered in September and told 6-8 weeks... It has been 8 weeks and still not a build date, they say it'll be delivered at the end of January, but I doubt it will.

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Exactly what happened to me. Ordered in September and told 6-8 weeks... It has been 8 weeks and still not a build date, they say it'll be delivered at the end of January, but I doubt it will.
From what I'm told they aren't even starting the builds again till the end of January so who knows where we fall on that list let alone how long it will take after that to receive the car. This should be known up front when placing the order. How it gets to 12 weeks and then find out is unacceptable. I'm meeting with them at noon to talk about cancelling the order. Since I already gave them my 2014 GT when I ordered I don't know what will happen.

kkjjkk12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I live in FL and will be temporarily working in NE for a year starting in March. When I placed my order in early September I specifically asked if I would have my car before Christmas and got a confident “yes” from everyone. It’s 11/8 and I haven’t even been scheduled yet.

I called my dealer yesterday and told him that at this point he should just delay my car until mid May / June since I won’t even be there to drive it. I don’t want my warranty ticking away for a year when it’s stuck in a garage. & I’m definitely not taking it up to NE lol.

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
From what I'm told they aren't even starting the builds again till the end of January so who knows where we fall on that list let alone how long it will take after that to receive the car. This should be known up front when placing the order. How it gets to 12 weeks and then find out is unacceptable. I'm meeting with them at noon to talk about cancelling the order. Since I already gave them my 2014 GT when I ordered I don't know what will happen.
My wife and I were excited about the car, now every time we think about it we get pissed off. It is unacceptable that they didn't even tell me anything along the way, we got to 8 weeks and i called the dealer complaining (and quite a bit of yelling and cussing) and I finally got a VIN. I had my VIN for my challenger a week and a half after it was ordered, less than 2 months till delivery. That is how it is supposed to work, not this crap they are pulling. I am on the verge of cancelling the order but it is my wife's dream car and she has the ultimate say... fortunately she is a little more patient than me...

On a side note, I work for a supplier to Ford and we supply them with mustang components, I know for a fact they are still building them. They are only shut down for the week of thanksgiving and the week before, week of Christmas and week of new years. Who knows what BS these dealers are spewing us.

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
I live in FL and will be temporarily working in NE for a year starting in March. When I placed my order in early September I specifically asked if I would have my car before Christmas and got a confident “yes” from everyone. It’s 11/8 and I haven’t even been scheduled yet.

I called my dealer yesterday and told him that at this point he should just delay my car until mid May / June since I won’t even be there to drive it. I don’t want my warranty ticking away for a year when it’s stuck in a garage. & I’m definitely not taking it up to NE lol.
I got a confident "YES, it'll be here before Christmas, usually it is 6-8 weeks but definitely not more than 10 weeks."

Week 8 and no build date.....

Sponsored

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
My wife and I were excited about the car, now every time we think about it we get pissed off. It is unacceptable that they didn't even tell me anything along the way, we got to 8 weeks and i called the dealer complaining (and quite a bit of yelling and cussing) and I finally got a VIN. I had my VIN for my challenger a week and a half after it was ordered, less than 2 months till delivery. That is how it is supposed to work, not this crap they are pulling. I am on the verge of cancelling the order but it is my wife's dream car and she has the ultimate say... fortunately she is a little more patient than me...

On a side note, I work for a supplier to Ford and we supply them with mustang components, I know for a fact they are still building them. They are only shut down for the week of thanksgiving and the week before, week of Christmas and week of new years. Who knows what BS these dealers are spewing us.
This is even more frustrating. Who do you believe anymore? The dealer told me they stopped manufacturing until the end of January then I see threads like this that others are getting there cars even placing orders after me. Very frustrating and I don't want to deal with Ford any longer. I go through a lot of vehicles between myself and my wife and this frustration is too much. My meeting is at noon with the dealer about options... I want to get as far away from this situation as possible. I'll go get a Camaro 2SS.

This is not how the ordering a car experience should be and do not want any part of it!

I met with the sales manager today and mine is scheduled January 21st. That's a long time from my order date of August 17th but he assures me he will make it right. Winter is almost here and won't be driving the car till April 1st. It's not a great situation but he explained the details and I feel somewhat better about it.

Last edited:

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
This is even more frustrating. Who do you believe anymore? The dealer told me they stopped manufacturing until the end of January then I see threads like this that others are getting there cars even placing orders after me. Very frustrating and I don't want to deal with Ford any longer. I go through a lot of vehicles between myself and my wife and this frustration is too much. My meeting is at noon with the dealer about options... I want to get as far away from this situation as possible. I'll go get a Camaro 2SS.

This is not how the ordering a car experience should be and do not want any part of it!
My dealer tried spewing a bunch of that "Ford only build mustangs certain times a year" crap until I said, "you do realize my company supplies the radios for the mustang right? I know for a fact they are building them right now...."

Which then prompted a "well that's just what I heard and I'm only conveying the message."

So with that said, I will never be ordering another Ford, if I finish this process, it will be the first and only Ford I purchase. I was thinking of ordering a new F150 or maybe the new bronco when they finally release it, but I think I will go back to Mopar and get a Ram or a Jeep... At least I know I will be able to actually drive it and not pray for it to be built.

Edit: A buddy of mine has a 2SS 1LE camaro and it is one hell of a sports car, I'm not big on the looks of it or all the blind spots. If I wanted a good track day car that could also be daily driven, that would be the choice if the looks were more my style.

Guypei

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
My dealer tried spewing a bunch of that "Ford only build mustangs certain times a year" crap until I said, "you do realize my company supplies the radios for the mustang right? I know for a fact they are building them right now...."

Which then prompted a "well that's just what I heard and I'm only conveying the message."

So with that said, I will never be ordering another Ford, if I finish this process, it will be the first and only Ford I purchase. I was thinking of ordering a new F150 or maybe the new bronco when they finally release it, but I think I will go back to Mopar and get a Ram or a Jeep... At least I know I will be able to actually drive it and not pray for it to be built.

Edit: A buddy of mine has a 2SS 1LE camaro and it is one hell of a sports car, I'm not big on the looks of it or all the blind spots. If I wanted a good track day car that could also be daily driven, that would be the choice if the looks were more my style.
We're on the same page, I was going to get a F150 as well but after the stress of this situation that's not going to happen. My wife's lease is up on her SUV in March as well. Simple communication goes a long way and apparently Ford doesn't know how to achieve that unfortunately.

I'm not really a Camaro guy as well. I'm not going to be racing mine but will do it out of spite. :)

kkjjkk12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Irony.

I asked my dealer to push my car out as far as possible. He calls me the next day with a VIN and build date. :facepalm:

Ordered: 9/11/18
Scheduled: 11/8/18
Build week: 1/21/19

All the info I have for now. Still waiting on the full VIN #

Just wanted to say hang in there to everyone feeling frustration.

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
Irony.

I asked my dealer to push my car out as far as possible. He calls me the next day with a VIN and build date. :facepalm:

Ordered: 9/11/18
Scheduled: 11/8/18
Build week: 1/21/19

All the info I have for now. Still waiting on the full VIN #

Just wanted to say hang in there to everyone feeling frustration.
I keep telling myself that the PP2 Magnaride is worth the wait...it's worth the wait.....grrrrrr lol
Sponsored