Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - 2019 GT Premium
My blend date was 6/21 and my car didn’t finish production until today (6/25). Also got an EDD of 7/3 which sounds really early but hopefully is accurate.

Also, for Bullitts I can now confirm that VINs will NOT match up with the chassis number on the dash plaque. VINs are built out of order at the factory, but the chassis number on the dash is the true order of when they actually rolled off the line. For example, my chassis number on my dash plaque is #95, but my VIN is much lower than that.
Hoping your transit time is accurate. might mean good news for me, too!
Sponsored

ubif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2012 Focus, 2019 Edge ST
Nevermind. My original build date was 7/16 but its in production now according to COTUS and ford chat. Wonder why it got bumped up. Still ETA of 8/8-8/14. Guessing nothing moves during shutdown for the next two weeks.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just got all of my data from the dealer to order a GT PP2. Trying to sort through color now. What is everyone's thoughts on incentives or agreed upon pricing. I've never ordered a car before so unsure of how to negotiate a price on an order.

Thanks for the help!

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
I just got all of my data from the dealer to order a GT PP2. Trying to sort through color now. What is everyone's thoughts on incentives or agreed upon pricing. I've never ordered a car before so unsure of how to negotiate a price on an order.

Thanks for the help!
Didn't even think about it. I told my dealership what I wanted on 6/22/18 and they said ok we will order it. No talk about price or incentives. Not sure if X-plan changes any of that or not. But I figured there is only 1k incentive now that I could lock in or wait till I get my car and maybe have a better deal. I believe the 1k will always be there as a minimum.

nikolai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Orange Fury GT

Thanks for the help!
Just go here and buy a membership for $25. Then you can get X plan on don't have to worry about negotiating price. Most of the time people getting crazy good deals on cars are negotiating for something in stock that's been on the lot for a while (usually previous model year cars).

You should be able to take advantage of whatever incentives are available when you take delivery. I've heard conflicting accounts that Ford allows dealers to lock in incentives at the time of order, but take that with a grain of salt.

Sponsored

Delphiexec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Speed
Got my EDD of 7/21 from COTUS update overnight. Glad to see the $1k incentive because the dealer agreed to cover the $1500 incentive when they failed to build my 2018, but I still felt it was going to be a fight when it actually arrived. Should be much less of a fight (if at all) now. I didn't get Koon's leveling pricing, but I managed to negotiate well under invoice even with the car needing to be ordered and built.

Now just comes the stress of hoping the car arrives undamaged, with good panel fitment. And that the dealer follows my request of not washing (only rinsing) the car, and not installing the front license plate. I plan to paint correct it (if necessary) and ceramic coat, as well as use the drill less plate bracket.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Just got an EDD from COTUS of 7/21/18! My blend date is 6/27. It’s getting real!

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I live 45 miles east of Vancouver B.C. My '18 GT Premium was built May 10 and went 'in transit' May 18 where it's been for the last 39 days. As of yesterday, it's sitting in a rail car just outside Vancouver with no EDD. My original EDD was June 10.

My dealer is telling customers to expect factory orders to Canada's west coast to now take 4-5 months from order to delivery. This is insane. In 2007, my GT500 was 35 days from it's Flat Rock build date to my garage.

I've heard all kinds of reasons why these delivery delays are happening, Canadian rail car shortages, cars being kept on rail cars because Vancouver storage lots are full, compounded by not enough car haulers to alleviate the storage yard problem.

Technology is wonderful, but only as good as the supporting logistics, which clearly are a mess.

Hoping you MY19 buyers don't run into this.
Hopefully this is just an anomaly, otherwise there won't be any MY19's on Vancouver lots till Oct/Nov. Not good for sales. I think you will get a lot of dealers kicking up a big fuss if that happens.

Lets hope you get yours with too much more delay.

snyper1972

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang/ Q60 RS
My EDD is June 30, 3 days from now. :)

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Now just comes the stress of hoping the car arrives undamaged, with good panel fitment. And that the dealer follows my request of not washing (only rinsing) the car, and not installing the front license plate. I plan to paint correct it (if necessary) and ceramic coat, as well as use the drill less plate bracket.
You and I think alike, only I don’t even want them rinsing it! Told them to leave all the plastic on the seats too. They were fine with that.

Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Didn't even think about it. I told my dealership what I wanted on 6/22/18 and they said ok we will order it. No talk about price or incentives. Not sure if X-plan changes any of that or not. But I figured there is only 1k incentive now that I could lock in or wait till I get my car and maybe have a better deal. I believe the 1k will always be there as a minimum.
My salesman confirmed the 1K minimum from here on out, with the possibility it may get better by the time my car gets here.

Last edited:

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
And that the dealer follows my request of not washing (only rinsing) the car, and not installing the front license plate. I plan to paint correct it (if necessary) and ceramic coat, as well as use the drill less plate bracket.
I was also going to tell my dealer “no prep” as I am also going to ceramic coat, but the front license plate bracket is installed at the dealer? On my order sheet it shows “front license plate bracket”, does this mean it will be delivered with it on? If I have the option I would also like to use another type of bracket so it can be removed.

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
I was also going to tell my dealer “no prep” as I am also going to ceramic coat, but the front license plate bracket is installed at the dealer? On my order sheet it shows “front license plate bracket”, does this mean it will be delivered with it on? If I have the option I would also like to use another type of bracket so it can be removed.
I'm pretty sure in states where the front tag is required, the dealership is required to do it unless explicitly told not to by the customer. Sometimes they get around this by just sticking a temp one to the front bumper rather than drilling holes.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2

Thanks for the help!
Ford's guaranteed pricing is the lower of pricing less incentives at time of order or lower of pricing less incentives at time of delivery. You get the lowest net price as of either date. I prefer to negotiate price at the time of order. Typically, incentives rise throughout the model year while prices may rise, but it's usually not enough where the dealer will just honor the original price and agree to give you the current incentives at time of delivery if they are better.

X-plan is ok pricing if you don't want to work at it. It will be about $75 to $125 over invoice and also limits the fees the dealer can charge to $100 (I believe). X-plan is invoice less 0.4% + $275 + any dealer fees (admin/doc fee) up to the max amount allowed (pretty sure it's $100). You can do better than X-plan. If you are a Costco member, check their auto buying program for your geographic area. Here in KC, it's invoice less $500 with no fees. It's usually only a select dealer or two in your area, so not every dealer can honor it. $1,000 under invoice is a pretty sweet deal assuming there are no games being played with destination/delivery fees and not more than $200 admin/doc fees. Some dealers might actually beat this as well, but this would be a great deal. Any incentive/rebates would further reduce the price. Also check and see if you might qualify for any Ford private cash offers.

Delphiexec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Speed
I'm pretty sure in states where the front tag is required, the dealership is required to do it unless explicitly told not to by the customer. Sometimes they get around this by just sticking a temp one to the front bumper rather than drilling holes.
I drove by a dealership in NJ over the weekend that had them installed already on every new car on the lot, including the row of Mustangs facing the road. I'm taking no chances as with my luck they'll jump the gun during prep. My EDD is a Saturday so if it stays, I'll be hanging in the lot all day. :D
Sponsored