Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 metallic vibration on start up and acceleration 2k-3k RPMS

WG2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium PP2 M6
My mods are:
-Drop in air filter
-Texas Speed catless LT headers w/ X pipe
-Borla S Type axelback with active valve
-Lund Racing 93 tune

So as the title states, I have a metallic rattle on start up and on acceleration from 2k to 3k RPMs. The first mod that I did to the car was a resonator delete, and that is when I noticed the metallic vibration noise coming from what sounds like the rear of the car. The noise is dependent upon throttle input, so immediately after doing the resonator delete, I thought that perhaps it had something to do with the stock active valve exhaust but the sound was still there after swapping over to Borlas.

After the car has warmed up, the sound does die down quite a bit but is still there from 2k-3k. There doesn't appear to be any degradation of performance, the car still pulls very hard. I very seldom ever push it hard, but it doesn't appear having any issues when I do so.

So my thoughts are that perhaps I have something loose on the undercarriage but I find it strange that it is something that I can reproduce each and every time, always on start up and 2k-3k acceleration. I just wanted to get some different perspective before I make the determination to take it in.

Edit: the car currently has 6k miles on it. The resonator delete was done around the 1.5k mark.
Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I'm waiting for folks to reply. I have the same problem, but really only notice it at around 2000k RPM.
I have also deleted the resonator but did that on the way home from the dealership (18,000 miles ago) and have only recently noticed the rattle. Thought maybe a heat shield on the exhaust was rattling or something was rubbing against it. Then I see all the talk about a 2000k rattle. Not sure what the problem is, or how to correct it. I'll stay posted!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Try to record it. It sounds like the infamous 2K rattle to me, but it's there since day 1. If it just surfaced, it might be something else related to the exhaust change. The recording should shed some light on the issue. Try to locate where the noise is coming from before recording it.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have that on my PP2. It seems to be loudest between 3-4k in second gear. Sounds like coins vibraring somewhere up front.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Or possibly look into your exhaust mods installation