2019 Mustang GT Auto Very Rough Idle/Engine Stall

Stangygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt pp1
Catalytic converters are far down on the list of probable causes. No one is buying your rant.
Shall I post the repair order ? Or are you still like a deer in headlights
Sponsored

Stangygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt pp1
Good luck ! Take it like a grain of salt ! Peace out brahhhhh

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Yes ! If u experience them going haywire with out you pressing the gas peddle ! Then it’s the solenoid in the exhaust extended warranty fixed with rental
Just saw the other day my vacuum gauge was going crazy when rough idling so this a solenoid in exhaust issue???

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
I did see the YouTube video got my camphasers replaced but still no fix going to take it tomorrow for my fourth attempt to fix

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Just saw the other day my vacuum gauge was going crazy when rough idling so this a solenoid in exhaust issue???
No, not in your exhaust but potentially in either bank of solenoids for intake or exhaust cams

Sponsored

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I had the same issue. I resolved it by having the throttle body and valves cleaned. This was not expensive. You might be amazed as to how much gunk builds up there as a result of the blow-by in the crank case getting recycled for combustion. I would also recommend installing a catch-can to minimize tHesse build-ups going forward. I would also recommend using top tier gasoline

if this is the issue, you might also start seeing more power and better gas mileage

Stangygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt pp1
I did see the YouTube video got my camphasers replaced but still no fix going to take it tomorrow for my fourth attempt to fix
Have them hook it up to a computer to see what’s happening ! It could be a solenoid or a bad catalyst !

Stangygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt pp1
I had the same issue. I resolved it by having the throttle body and valves cleaned. This was not expensive. You might be amazed as to how much gunk builds up there as a result of the blow-by in the crank case getting recycled for combustion. I would also recommend installing a catch-can to minimize tHesse build-ups going forward. I would also recommend using top tier gasoline

if this is the issue, you might also start seeing more power and better gas mileage
It’s crazy how the little things can make the car tweak out, the technology in cars these days

inder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Inderpal
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT CS
Any updates, Jaay?

I have 2017 GT/CS with 50k clicks. I am in Toronto GTA area, Canada. I started getting stalling issues in May and took it to dealership. They replaced PCM and, of course, issue came back.

I read the messages here and told my SA that most likely VCT Solenoids and Cam Phasers needed replacement. They listened and agreed. Car was at dealership for over a month to receive parts. I finally got it today and they did a road test too. But guess what. After driving for hardly 3kms, it stalled. On my 10km journey to home, it stalled 7 times. SA asked me to bring it back tomorrow but i doubt they have any clue where to begin now. Solenoids, cam phasers, oil, antifreeze are all changed. Any other suggestions please??

16256238919557568651966524742869.jpg

Sponsored

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
it seems to me like the only way to fix the car from these issues is with a new engine I didn’t get to take it in. It’s going in for sevice tomorrow! Sucks that these issues are intermittent with no codes.
Any updates, Jaay?

I have 2017 GT/CS with 50k clicks. I am in Toronto GTA area, Canada. I started getting stalling issues in May and took it to dealership. They replaced PCM and, of course, issue came back.

I read the messages here and told my SA that most likely VCT Solenoids and Cam Phasers needed replacement. They listened and agreed. Car was at dealership for over a month to receive parts. I finally got it today and they did a road test too. But guess what. After driving for hardly 3kms, it stalled. On my 10km journey to home, it stalled 7 times. SA asked me to bring it back tomorrow but i doubt they have any clue where to begin now. Solenoids, cam phasers, oil, antifreeze are all changed. Any other suggestions please??

16256238919557568651966524742869.jpg

inder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Inderpal
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT CS
I will suggest SA to check on the purge valve (AU5Z-9C915-B) too

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Unfortunately they didn't give me any papers for the second repair (the throttle body repair), but I checked over the sheet from the first IMRC repair and in the notes it said "Replaced Intake Manifold per WSM and reset KAM. Reset misfire monitor and cleared DTC." Not sure if that indicates the crank relearn procedure. They did reset the KAM though which I saw listed in the link you sent. Is the crank relearn separate from the KAM reset?

And yeah, I gave them a list of things to check for from some research on my part and the VCT solenoids were the first thing I listed. I dropped the car off for the third diagnosis on July 1st but still haven't received a call back on anything. But it was the holiday weekend, so hopefully I'll get a call by tomorrow.

Thank you for the reply.

Thank you for the info. I actually asked them when I came in for the second repair to check for any transmission software updates because of the issue, and they told me they couldn't find any. I didn't think about having it reflashed with the latest update, but I will see if I can ask my service advisor when he calls me back with the diagnosis on this third visit.

Well fortunately the car is still under 36k/3 years so I am under the warranty still so everything up to this point has been charge free. Although that warranty is running out (close to 33k miles), so the longer this takes to diagnose, the more worried I am getting. This is going on the third diagnosis, so I really hope they're able to get it this time or I may have to try a different dealership.
Powertrain warranty is 5/60k.

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Ouch! There isn't much else left. Or I wonder if they got one of the cams off a tooth. Have you done any WOT pulls to redline to make sure everything is ok with your cam timing? I hope it gets figured out soon.

inder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Inderpal
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT CS
Ouch! There isn't much else left. Or I wonder if they got one of the cams off a tooth. Have you done any WOT pulls to redline to make sure everything is ok with your cam timing? I hope it gets figured out soon.
No WOT pulls. I'll suggest purge valve, cam check for being off tooth and catalytic converter checks.
Sponsored