Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo

This one is a quick study!
Ok, what are we talking about between the first and second one? Days, months or years? Is it safe to jump on the first with it being trumped the next week? That would really hack people off! I know at one time you said not to delay gratification that long. Does that still hold true?
Sponsored

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
I just noticed what you’ve got in bold. The way I understand that is as follows:
The first [MY19] is sub 4000lbs and no electric motors. The next will be over 4000lbs, which indicates either hybrid or AWD. Can’t be AWD because S550.

Is it easier to fit a transaxle than it is to go AWD?
Well then! Now I am excited again.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
This SE Mustang/GT500 is gonna make me buy stock in Kleenex, I can hear the crying/whimpering from the Bowtie faithful and the Dodge Boys!

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I just noticed what you’ve got in bold. The way I understand that is as follows:
The first [MY19] is sub 4000lbs and no electric motors. The next will be over 4000lbs, which indicates either hybrid or AWD. Can’t be AWD because S550.

Is it easier to fit a transaxle than it is to go AWD?
So you asked hybrid or AWD, do you think the motors will power the front wheels or rear wheels? I personally don’t see the point of them powering the rear wheels when They could just make a more power for engine but on the other hand I guess if they put All the equipment in the trunk it would give better weight distribution and put that weight over the rear wheels.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, what are we talking about between the first and second one? Days, months or years? Is it safe to jump on the first with it being trumped the next week? That would really hack people off! I know at one time you said not to delay gratification that long. Does that still hold true?
Years. Don't delay ridiculously fun times for more ridiculous fun (but more money).

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
From what I've heard, 1 electric motor.
Car may be called hybrid because the front will run off electric power, the rear will be powered by engine/superchared. Anytime you have gas powered vehicle that generates electrical energy to power it is a hybrid, right? Honest question.

I wouldn't think it takes a ton of battery space/weight to power the front motor, especially if its just in low gear and it cuts power after a certain speed/parameter. I'm certain they would located those batteries in the rear area.

I'll plan on this next one. Then when the other comes, think about it. For a long term keeper i'm not sure the hybrid would be it.
That hybrid is gonna be a killer on the street and very well may trade in on it.. probably lose10K+ on trade, depending on how many they make of the 19 and 20 MY, but if its something I gotta have I'll do it. Ultimately, it depends on JUST how cool it actually is *AND finding one too!

Last edited:

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
From what I heard, 1 electric motor. Car may be called hybrid because the front will run off electric power, the rear will be powered by engine/superchared. Anytime you have gas powered vehicle that generates electrical energy to power it is a hybrid, right? Honest question.

I wouldn't think it takes a ton of battery space/weight to power the front motor, especially if its just in low gear and it cuts power after a certain speed/parameter.
That’s what I’m hoping for, motors to power the front wheels it would be a dig at monster!! Still could be a very good track car, it’ll be a little on the heavy side but they could also introduce torque vectoring for those motors. As far as your question I believe you are correct.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don't think there are many people that believe 1) its going to be 800+HP and 2) there is going to be a Hybrid with Front wheel power with 800+ HP, essentially a NSX destroyer.
Why are people so closed minded?

Sponsored

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
Demon will have a hard time keeping up with either early or later one.
This whole discussion has made me really excited for the future of the Mustang, as I see it, the "BEAST" will be released first causing bow-tie and mopar fan boys to be :brokenheart: then just to rub it in the "BEASTS" bigger badder brother comes along to make the nay-sayers finally :hail:

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Hmm so the new ZR1 to start at $119k :eyebulge:

https://jalopnik.com/the-755-horsepower-2019-corvette-zr1-starts-at-119-995-1820831132

80k @ 800+hp gt500 doesn't seem like a bad deal
That ZR1 will be one fast mother on a track tho.
Thing is thats base price, it doesn't take much to get it to 130K

Honestly think that 85K starting guesstimate for the GT500, is largely because it will come standard with DCT (see first post). I could be wrong, but thats just my thoughts. Still isn't a bad price even if its with auto. From 85K starting, but I don't see it going for over 93K loaded. second one, slightly over 100, maybe they try to keep in under barely.

Last edited: