BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Bmac,
just out of curiosity, do you have any idea on when Ford will start releasing information? Are we more than likely going to be waiting until next year's auto shows?
No, but that could be a very likely place. Or, they could do what they did with the GT350 (revealed on 11-14-14). That's less likely as part of the reason they did that was because of the limited 2015MY run of cars.
Sponsored

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
No, but that could be a very likely place. Or, they could do what they did with the GT350 (revealed on 11-14-14). That's less likely as part of the reason they did that was because of the limited 2015MY run of cars.
I just have two questions left. Is it for sure going to be called GT500? Personally, I'm hoping for a Cobra.
And, is there only one SE Mustang being tested now, or two?
Fully understand if you're unable to release such info, but I gotta ask.:D

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Is it wrong if I am hoping it's called something other than a GT500? Can we just have Cobra, Boss, or Mach 1 back and take a break from the Shelby nameplate? Granted I know that the GT500 is typically the high HP car but it would be nice to just take a break from it and give it a little hiatus to make it special again. There has been a Shelby now for over a Decade, time for a new king imo.

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
Is it wrong if I am hoping it's called something other than a GT500? Can we just have Cobra, Boss, or Mach 1 back and take a break from the Shelby nameplate? Granted I know that the GT500 is typically the high HP car but it would be nice to just take a break from it and give it a little hiatus to make it special again. There has been a Shelby now for over a Decade, time for a new king imo.
I don't find it wrong at all. Cobra and Mach 1 are the nameplates we haven't seen in a while.. so I would enjoy a return. And hey, 2018 would be the 25th anniversary of Cobra.. although this would only be relevant if they pulled a stunt like they did with the GT350 and do a limited run of 2018s, and leave the full run for 2019... but considering how little we currently know of the car, I don't see this as very likely.

What would be more likely is a 50th Anniversary Mach 1 for the 2019 MY... IF they're doing one. Not doing one would be a missed opportunity in my mind.. especially if the 350 is killed after 2018 MY.. would free up space for a Mach 1 to slot right into..

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Nope. I want both Boss's to come back. I think there is a really cool gap gor the Mach 1 to fill aswell.

That being said. It is cool that the GT500 has been king shit every time it hits the streets.

"Oh it's a GT500" is always enjoyable to hear when a Mustang pulls in.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
it would be nice to have the mach1 be in the gt350 spot (non r) 55k price point, and then a boss or a cobra be the top dog in the 65k to 70k spot

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
^ this but kick the Mach's HP up to 550 with the TQ closer to 450-460

Also Twin Turbo > Supercharger for the Halo, again just looking for a change from the norm and i actually like the sound of hairdryers spooling up and a BOV going off.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I did some reading up on the V-Charge SC (VCSC) application earlier referred to. It is impressive, but it's gains were noted to be achieved in an ecoboost engine. The VCSC provide grunt boost while on the upper end of the rev spectrum, the turbocharger provided the boost.

I like this application for packaging reasons. If I understand it correctly, it would allow a SC to sit in the V, thus freeing up the engine bay to accept turbos.

It would be interesting to see this application on a 5.2L CPC motor and what it could achieve.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I did some reading up on the V-Charge SC (VCSC) application earlier referred to. It is impressive, but it's gains were noted to be achieved in an ecoboost engine. The VCSC provide grunt boost while on the upper end of the rev spectrum, the turbocharger provided the boost.

I like this application for packaging reasons. If I understand it correctly, it would allow a SC to sit in the V, thus freeing up the engine bay to accept turbos.

It would be interesting to see this application on a 5.2L CPC motor and what it could achieve.
Seems to me the biggest challenge to twin turbos is getting it to fit under the hood and keeping it cool, expecially with very high horsepower.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

This video explains it pretty well. It runs without a turbo.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Yes it does run without a turbo but my hope would be a dual boost setup as in the 1.0L Ecoboost Focus.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I wonder how well it would do in s 5.2 without an additional power adder. The article says its a lot less weight than super and turbocharging, thats a plus, but the biggest bonus i seen in the article is that it runs much cooler than the other two.
Sponsored