Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

S922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Just bring back school bus yellow and got to have it green for a few years
Green has fallen out of favor in America the past 5 years or so. But it is coming back on the 2018 Focus, maybe that is starting to turn around.

Mustang will have Mac n Cheese orange at least.
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I absolutely love this color on vintage cars...why not on a newer car?
There are some newer Honda Accords with paint reasonably close to that.

But modern standards dictate a champagne tinge to it.

For a Mustang, especially one with distinctly modern lines such as the '18, I don't see it happening. But the '15-'17 would look pretty good in it I think.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
There are some newer Honda Accords with paint reasonably close to that.

But modern standards dictate a champagne tinge to it.

For a Mustang, especially one with distinctly modern lines such as the '18, I don't see it happening. But the '15-'17 would look pretty good in it I think.
No champain for me..id take wine or beer, maybe even captn coke color;)
I think the legend lime, like ecovert mentions, would look good.

Legend Lime like on the S197 :headbang:
that looks good but im not crazy about it on that body.

I just want my Ingot Silver back.
I think it will be back on the GT500.
Just me but i hope they ditch the drab colors. Not a fan.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
The GT500 will be either a parallel or BiTurbo system, could use a supercharger, and displace anywhere from 4.8l to 5.8l. It will still be called the Voodoo and Humingbird and will make anywhere from 662 to 808 horsepower. It could also use the FPC but could not also use it too. All of this from my sources, just wait and see.
:lol::headbonk::shrug::headbang:

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
So it turns out that my wife is cheating on me with an engineer at Ford who was involved in the new Halo Mustang program. He assured me that the cars will have quad tip exhaust and each exhaust tip has a separate fuel injector and spark plug with a switch in the car to spit Flames out of the back.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
So it turns out that my wife is cheating on me with an engineer at Ford who was involved in the new Halo Mustang program. He assured me that the cars will have quad tip exhaust and each exhaust tip has a separate fuel injector and spark plug with a switch in the car to spit Flames out of the back.
Sounds like your wife was banging some dude that lives under a bridge, but on the bright side...at least you can get single reasonably cheaply.

Sponsored

thedalejrfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT K3985
Is it wrong if I am hoping it's called something other than a GT500? Can we just have Cobra, Boss, or Mach 1 back and take a break from the Shelby nameplate? Granted I know that the GT500 is typically the high HP car but it would be nice to just take a break from it and give it a little hiatus to make it special again. There has been a Shelby now for over a Decade, time for a new king imo.
50th anniversary of "Bullitt" is 2018 = 2018 Bullitt Mustang

50th anniversary of the 1969 Mach 1 is 2019 = 2019 Mach 1

All I got...

Ponyboy4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dakota
Vehicle(s)
2004 GT Premium
Bullitt should be no more than a PP GT with a special appearance package..

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Agreed 100%. I am ready for the Shelby nameplate to ride off into the sunset. I would love to see Cobra come back as the top dog.
I hear Ford will be retiring the use of "Shelby", there will be a GT500 and while I am not sure it needs yet another name I did hear "Cobra" would be used. Seriously a Mustang Cobra? Sounds like a car with issues. I wonder why "P51" never found it's way onto the name plate other than a one-off or possibly two.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I hear Ford will be retiring the use of "Shelby", there will be a GT500 and while I am not sure it needs yet another name I did hear "Cobra" would be used. Seriously a Mustang Cobra? Sounds like a car with issues. I wonder why "P51" never found it's way onto the name plate other than a one-off or possibly two.
I can't see Ford walking away from the Shelby name. Way to much automatic brand recognition with that name! Especially after the success of GT350. If they own the branding why would they?

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I can't see Ford walking away from the Shelby name. Way to much automatic brand recognition with that name! Especially after the success of GT350. If they own the branding why would they?
We'll see, I heard it from a source I consider legit, it is definitely something talked about at Ford. I agree with it, Carol is dead let him rest in peace. They definitely gave him one last send off he'd have been proud of with the GT350 which is undoubtedly one of the best production based road course cars ever.
Sponsored