Sponsored

2019 GT manual jumps out of 6th gear!

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
First had this happen a couple of years ago, couldn't replicate it and I had no way of recording it...

Then as randomly as it had happened, it seemed to have ceased jumping out of 6th.

Well, the gremlin appears to have returned and it's happening more often.
Crusing, flat surface, normal load, then Pop! and the GB goes into neutral, I have to depress the clutch and re-engage 6th gear.
I've searched the forum for this topic, but to no avail.

I've a noisey recording of the car jumping out of 6th, recorded by my dash-cam, so I'm going to take my laptop to the dealer and play the footage of the gear box jumpimg out of 6th gear.
When it happens, you can just about hear the engine revs jump, over the road noise.

Anyone ever heard of this or experienced this phenomenon?

First owner, 2019, FFSH, 41k.
Sponsored

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Not heard of that but I do admit to never using 6th gear, it’s too flat imo

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Not an issue I've encountered yet but hopefully your car is less than the 5yr mechanical warranty and you can get it inspected and sorted by the dealer at no cost to you.

OP
OP

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Not an issue I've encountered yet but hopefully your car is less than the 5yr mechanical warranty and you can get it inspected and sorted by the dealer at no cost to you.
I've only a few days left, of the Ford warranty, I will see the dealership next week, for an unrelated matter.

However, I'm currently in an email exchange with Ford UK customer service about the missing thrust washer, and that conversation is not going well.

Latest email from Ford UK CS, informs me that my car doesn't have a rear hub assembly!
:shock:
To which I have replied that actually it has two rear hubs, one for each wheel??.
:giggle:

Evidently, something is being lost in translation, between the technical "expert" and the person writing the emails to me...

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I typed a big rant re ford master techs and their Germany based tech support but honestly it won't help anyone.
How can any car not have a hub assembly of some description where a wheel is attached to the car? What keeps it on instead, magic ?

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
First had this happen a couple of years ago, couldn't replicate it and I had no way of recording it...

Then as randomly as it had happened, it seemed to have ceased jumping out of 6th.

Well, the gremlin appears to have returned and it's happening more often.
Crusing, flat surface, normal load, then Pop! and the GB goes into neutral, I have to depress the clutch and re-engage 6th gear.
I've searched the forum for this topic, but to no avail.

I've a noisey recording of the car jumping out of 6th, recorded by my dash-cam, so I'm going to take my laptop to the dealer and play the footage of the gear box jumpimg out of 6th gear.
When it happens, you can just about hear the engine revs jump, over the road noise.

Anyone ever heard of this or experienced this phenomenon?

First owner, 2019, FFSH, 41k.

Syncro or sliding hub for 6th gear.