Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
Hey all,

I'm ready to get back in a Mustang. I've had a few, but sold my last one 10 years ago when it was time to buy a house. Now that I'm able, I'm looking to purchase one as a second car which will be a summer cruiser. I priced out the following build:

2019 GT Premium w/ :
-400A
-A10
-Performance Package
-Active Valve Exhaust
-B&O sound system

After 2000 total in Ford rebates, and dealer discount... price is at $39k. Total out the door would be about 44 (thanks Illinois and Cook County taxes. What do ya'll think? Can I do better?
Sponsored

Last edited:

slick1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Sold $ Traded In
My dealer is taking $5000 off any 19 GT, 2000 does not seem like much.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
My dealer is taking $5000 off any 19 GT, 2000 does not seem like much.
How much interest you paying in that loan? My experiences been give you big discount on car, rape you on interest as dealers can add a few pts to what bank approves you for and makes money that way, or gives you bare minumum off vehicle and you get a great interest rate..

OP
OP
Jps920

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
How much interest you paying in that loan? My experiences been give you big discount on car, rape you on interest as dealers can add a few pts to what bank approves you for and makes money that way, or gives you bare minumum off vehicle and you get a great interest rate..
I was planning on using a local credit union. 2.9 for 60mo

slick1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Sold $ Traded In
No idea, just telling you what I see on their website. Don’t neeed Ford financing, hit up your loca bank or credit union.

Having done several purchases from them, never had any issues with those kind of tactics.

Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I was planning on using a local credit union. 2.9 for 60mo
Did you tell them that upfront? Some dealers will try to change the pricing on you... when they see you are getting financing elsewhere.

slick1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Sold $ Traded In
Did you tell them that upfront? Some dealers will try to change the pricing on you... when they see you are getting financing elsewhere.
Any dealer that pulls that #@$& can #@$& off....plenty others that don’t.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
All dealers dont get the same pricing, some are high volume and make money after they sell the first 20 cars, after 50 stangs, they may get a bump up in money..

The invoice pricing plus the holdback is there cost.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue

You see this on top of their website? Georgia's #1 Volume Ford Dealer*

You wont get those prices at most places..

Sponsored

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
All dealers dont get the same pricing, some are high volume and make money after they sell the first 20 cars, after 50 stangs, they may get a bump up in money..

The invoice pricing plus the holdback is there cost.
5000 off, but a $600 "service fee", not a bad price though, especially if they can order a brand new stripper and still give you 5k off

AGM2018

Slick1970 is correct; I bought a 2015 EB PP from Akins Ford in Winder, GA. No games...No BS...No "Bait and Switch" tactics. It was the easiest car buying experience I have ever had; the only negative aspect is that their $599.00 "Document Fee" is steep; but, their prices, even with this steep document fee, are hard to beat. I paid a little over 30K in total for a 15 EB Premium with automatic, PP and a few other options. Ask for Woody Sowder...he is honest and will treat you well.

slick1970

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Sold $ Traded In
Slick1970 is correct; I bought a 2015 EB PP from Akins Ford in Winder, GA. No games...No BS...No "Bait and Switch" tactics. It was the easiest car buying experience I have ever had; the only negative aspect is that their $599.00 "Document Fee" is steep; but, their prices, even with this steep document fee, are hard to beat. I paid a little over 30K in total for a 15 EB Premium with automatic, PP and a few other options. Ask for Woody Sowder...he is honest and will treat you well.
Every dealer has some BS doc fee, bottom line for me is out the door, never beat Akins yet for my needs at least, four vehicles later.

Either way, I hope the OP gets whatever they want. These cars are so much fun, I seriously want an A10 18’ NA driver. And I hardly ever drive! Also thI remaining GT-350’s are calling my name. LOL

I know, I need help...call it my second mid life crisis.

AGM2018

Every dealer has some BS doc fee, bottom line for me is out the door, never beat Akins yet for my needs at least, four vehicles later.

Either way, I hope the OP gets whatever they want. These cars are so much fun, I seriously want an A10 18’ NA driver. And I hardly ever drive! Also thI remaining GT-350’s are calling my name. LOL

I know, I need help...call it my second mid life crisis.
I can think of worse ways to spend money and have a "Mid-Life Crisis." The only dealership that I have seen, talked with and dealt with that is in the same "ballpark" as Akins is Koons Ford, in Sterling, VA. Their document fee is a "whopping" $699.00! But they make good deals. As I am currently trying to decide if I want a nicely optioned 2019 Base automatic EB with the PP or a 2019 Base GT with the automatic, I had Koons build and price both out for me,

19 Base EB: Ingot Silver, automatic, PP, 101A Interior Package, 19" Luster PP wheels, active exhaust, enhanced security package and spoiler delete. $ 33,700 Out-The-Door and On-The-Road...everything included.

19 Base GT: Velocity Blue, automatic, 301A Interior Package, enhanced security package, 3.55 gears and spoiler delete. $38,450 Out-The-Door and On-The-Road...everything included.

Now I just have to decide which car suits my driving desires and needs better...it is a tough decision. The EB provides so much "Bang-For-The-Buck and allows for some great options. The GT is also great....power on demand, GLORIOUS EXHAUST NOTE! and a great cruiser. I am just not sure if the extra $4750 initial purchase price and increased insurance costs of the GT is truly worth it...as the opportunities to daily use the plethora of HP/torque of the 5.0 in daily driving is really limited...well, unless of course, one wants a hefty ticket or a stay in the "Crossbar Hotel" for the evening. Utilizing the lower HP/torque of the EB seems more plausible in most everyday situations, without quickly reaching triple digits speeds that will result in tickets or a stay in the "Crossbar Hotel" for reckless driving.
Sponsored