Sponsored

Fair price for bone stock 2019 GT?

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT #savethemanuals, 2012 Audi Q5
I was originally in the market for a Bullitt but have decided to change plans and instead focus on a base GT that I can then customize to my liking. I know that Ford is having some special rebates for purchases made in March and I have found, what I think, is a really good deal. But, this is my first Mustang and I know that there is so much experience on these boards that I want to get a second opinion.

So, what is a fair price for a completely bone stock, non-premium 2019 GT coupe? I mean, this car has zero options, not even a special paint color. I don't want to bias the replies, so I'll leave the price out for now - I'll post the price I found after a few replies to this thread.
Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Id honestly just do a comparison using auto trader etc with similar cars mileage features and base your own decision if its a fair price.

OP
OP

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Id honestly just do a comparison using auto trader etc with similar cars mileage features and base your own decision if its a fair price.
To be clear, I'm buying this from a dealer, not a private party.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
To be clear, I'm buying this from a dealer, not a private party.

Dealers pricing varies, there are incentives and rebates offered in your region that may not be in my area. Dealers also throw discounts at mine you may not have. I know this because I was shopping for a car just a month ago and different areas within my state prices varied a lot, and even more across nation.

I ended up finding a leftover for 10k off 1700 miles away, my local dealers said they couldn't touch the same car anywhere near that pricing. Different dealers have profit thresholds. None of this is really useful, but id search your market and the neighboring areas you are willing to travel and compare prices.

To clarify I bought a 17 EB not a 18/19 GT, but the prices in my area for USED 17 Ecoboost was actually more or same as a brand new 17 leftover from that dealer. Just gotta search.

OP
OP

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks like this car has been sold before I was able to go and see it. The price was $28,892 which I thought was an excellent price; the quick sale may reflect that or not, would love to hear other's opinions.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I paid $28,777 (before tax, lic) for my ruby red '19 GT manual. Zero options except the paint ($395). A dealer local to me with 2 locations had the same exact car (one in each location) marked down to that price (MSRP $36,745) on their website. That was dealer VIN specific discount. The one closest to me sold quickly so I bought the one at the other dealer 70mi away. I upgraded wheels/tires and sold the stockers. So that added about $1500 out of pocket but to me was worth it. Awesome price IMO. I didn't want a PP or a Premium anyway so worked out great for me. Bottom pic is the night I drove it home; 70 miles in the rain, lol.

Obviously I couldn't choose the color. But i'm not picky about that stuff except I probably would have passed if it was black as it's a heat magnet here in SoCal and can't stand how fast/easy they show dirt. Plus I already liked ruby red.

Last edited:
OP
OP

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I paid $28,777 (before tax, lic) for my ruby red '19 GT manual. Zero options except the paint ($395). A dealer local to me with 2 locations had the same exact car (one in each location) marked down to that price (MSRP $36,745) on their website. That was dealer VIN specific discount. The one closest to me sold quickly so I bought the one at the other dealer 70mi away. I upgraded wheels/tires and sold the stockers. So that added about $1500 out of pocket but to me was worth it. Awesome price IMO. I didn't want a PP or a Premium anyway so worked out great for me. Bottom pic is the night I drove it home; 70 miles in the rain, lol.
That car is beautiful, congrats! You're doing basically the same thing I have in mind; already have some wheels picked out and I'm going to bag the car, so none of the factory options really make sense for me. If you don't mind me asking, what were you able to sell the stock wheels for? That will help me with some budget planning - I have no idea what someone would pay for stock wheels.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
That car is beautiful, congrats! You're doing basically the same thing I have in mind; already have some wheels picked out and I'm going to bag the car, so none of the factory options really make sense for me. If you don't mind me asking, what were you able to sell the stock wheels for? That will help me with some budget planning - I have no idea what someone would pay for stock wheels.
Thanks.
The wheels aren't my favorite aesthetically but the '19s are only 20.75lbs each, so pretty light and lighter than the stock 18s. I like the stickier summer Sumitomos as well. I"m going to tint the windows eventually and that will be end of the "mods" for me. This car is perfect for me right from the factory.

Stock wheels/tires I listed for around $600, then $500.....after no bites for 6wks, I listed for $400. Guy showed up with $410 or $420 and I had no cash at home, so I got a little over $400 I guess. He saw them on CL.

Last edited:
OP
OP

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This car is perfect for me right from the factory.
I like that outlook and I share the same sentiment. I mean, you bought 450+ horespower for under $29k - that's outstanding! Hard to feel like that price doesn't make sense and (I would assume) is as low as most any dealer is going to go.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like that outlook and I share the same sentiment. I mean, you bought 450+ horespower for under $29k - that's outstanding! Hard to feel like that price doesn't make sense and (I would assume) is as low as most any dealer is going to go.
I tried to get them to discount it some. They wouldn't even take $100 off. Sales manager said, "You're free to shop around if you can get a better deal." He knew I couldn't and so did I. Yeah I see about modding these 200hp 4 cyl turbos.......but I didn't buy 460hp unless I thought it was enough. All good. My last GT was lowered but it's was also super easy to scrape and ride quality suffered. I bought it used and it came that way. Not touching this one.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to pull the trigger on a purchase today! The car that first sparked this post was sold before I could visit the dealership. But I found another one that was pretty close to stock for a very similar price to the other one and decided to buy it today. Just brought it home and am now teaching myself how to drive stick!

2019 GT (base) in Magnetic Metallic
Only options are the upgraded wheels (still 18") and the spare tire
#savethemanuals

View media item 14664View media item 14663View media item 14662View media item 14661

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What do you guys think a good price would be for a 2019 GT A10 with 301a/Black Out/3.55/DM Exhuast?
I'm in Philadelphia, Pa.

OP
OP

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what did you end up paying and what state did you get it in?
I’m in Texas. I did some research and I figure that about $28.9k is the bottom end for these cars right now. This one had 2 options (spare tire and upgraded wheels). So I figured that 29.5k was a fair price and that’s what I got. Overall very happy with the car, it’s my first Mustang.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m in Texas. I did some research and I figure that about $28.9k is the bottom end for these cars right now. This one had 2 options (spare tire and upgraded wheels). So I figured that 29.5k was a fair price and that’s what I got. Overall very happy with the car, it’s my first Mustang.
That seems low for those options on a 19 I posted, they sticker for 42,335
Sponsored