2019 Comp cams stage 2 NSR installed!

TX5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Vortech V3 supercharger, Ford Performance GT350 intake...right around 9 lbs of boost. Dropping it off for the stage 1s tomorrow and should be done by next weekend.
Gotcha, have you already dynoed it and confirmed the 640 rwhp?
Sponsored

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Cold start. Without cams. Will send video hopefully next weekend with the stage 1 comps
Gotcha, have you already dynoed it and confirmed the 640 rwhp?
Yep. Thinking the cam install is going to drop the boost by a pound or two, which will then give me the opportunity to go with a smaller pulley to bring the boost up. Fingers crossed MAYBE a gain of 60-70hp to put me at 700 would make me a happy camper

TX5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Cold start. Without cams. Will send video hopefully next weekend with the stage 1 comps

Yep. Thinking the cam install is going to drop the boost by a pound or two, which will then give me the opportunity to go with a smaller pulley to bring the boost up. Fingers crossed MAYBE a gain of 60-70hp to put me at 700 would make me a happy camper
I will see if I can get you an idea. I am almost finished with the stock cam setup. I assumed it is intercooled. That is the last piece of the puzzle.

TX5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)

With stock cams I get 648 rwhp @7000rpm and 518ft-lbs @6000rpm. Sound about right?

Sponsored

TX5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Any luck seeing what the comp cams stage 1 n smaller pulley would put me at?
I come up with 693. But I am assuming the same pulley as you currently have. Getting it dialed in with the tune will be key. That is what took me so long to get the cams dialed in as best I could. And I’m on a flight at the moment lol. Ignore the legend where it says stock intake. I have accounted for the GT350 in the induction.

Stage-1 Blower Cam.jpg

Last edited:

TX5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Any luck seeing what the comp cams stage 1 n smaller pulley would put me at?
This is my first attempt at a supercharged setup. So take it with a grain of salt. But on n/a builds I’ve been within 3-5% when comparing to actual dyno tests on various engines.

How much of a change in pulley size did you go down ?

TX5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
When you dyno it, if you can share the graph that would be great so I can use it to see what I need to do for next time.

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
When you dyno it, if you can share the graph that would be great so I can use it to see what I need to do for next time.
Youve been awesome man, much appreciated. I am thinking close to 700 like youve calculated. Dropped off the car today, will hopefully have it back by next saturday, will keep you posted

Sponsored

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This is my first attempt at a supercharged setup. So take it with a grain of salt. But on n/a builds I’ve been within 3-5% when comparing to actual dyno tests on various engines.

How much of a change in pulley size did you go down ?
Havent changed the pulley yet. IfI lose boost from the cams (probably will), that is when ill make the adjustment on the pulley

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Picking up the car tomorrow and will post the dyno graph. Didnt have to change the pulley on the stang, RWHP coming at 678
Picking up car tomorrow, will post dyno graph tomorrow once I get it. From conversations with the shop, I mispoke, I had 628 rwhp and the cam jump let me jump 50hp to the wheel putting me just shy of 680. Your 'grain of salt' estimate wasnt bad man! No pulley swap was needed.

TX5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Picking up the car tomorrow and will post the dyno graph. Didnt have to change the pulley on the stang, RWHP coming at 678

Picking up car tomorrow, will post dyno graph tomorrow once I get it. From conversations with the shop, I mispoke, I had 628 rwhp and the cam jump let me jump 50hp to the wheel putting me just shy of 680. Your 'grain of salt' estimate wasnt bad man! No pulley swap was needed.
Hell yeah man!! That’s great!! Looking forward to seeing the graph. A pulley change and you will probably be over 700hp!!

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hell yeah man!! That’s great!! Looking forward to seeing the graph. A pulley change and you will probably be over 700hp!!
Youve been awesome man, much appreciated. I am thinking close to 700 like youve calculated. Dropped off the car today, will hopefully have it back by next saturday, will keep you posted
Dyno attached

A7758E5A-6232-4EA4-ACF7-47C19AFE45DF.jpeg