Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Just spoke to a dealer about the Bullit while finishing details to pick up my 2018. Their order manager indiciated a $53k sticker with $17k mark up. He also indicated that was on the low end with a $25k markup in bigger cities like Charlotte.
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Why in the world would you buy this car for mid 50k? I see no real advantage over a GT. A little extra HP? Nah. And a premium to boot? Nah.

I do get the nostalgia though. Nothing like that chase scene! :headbang:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Just spoke to a dealer about the Bullit while finishing details to pick up my 2018. Their order manager indiciated a $53k sticker with $17k mark up. He also indicated that was on the low end with a $25k markup in bigger cities like Charlotte.
No one is gonna pay GT500 money for a GT.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment

:lol::lol::lol:

If that's true, Ford and the dealers are smoking some of that good stuff.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I would love for the Bullitt to be "affordable" (meaning, around $50k to low $50's). It would make it so much easier and more fun when I try to go buy one in a few months. But, I agree with Mustang 1260/David - we shouldn't hold our breath for that.

Ford isn't being generous with giving consumers gifts on pricing lately. Just look at what Hackett did to the pricing of the 2018 Mustang GT. Yeah, there are new combinations of option packages - to hide and confuse the real price increase - but it's still much more than the 2017, around 10% depending on how you option it.

Hackett is a penny-pinching bean counter. He's all about squeezing out every last cent possible. I think he'd rather sell fewer cars for higher prices than the opposite. I think Ford will price this car at the very top absolute maximum they think the market will bear - plus 5% on top of that. It's in their financial interests to do so, to make the most money they possibly can. After all, that's the mission the Ford family gave Hackett - get the stock price up, as much as possible, as quickly as possible, whatever it takes. His bonus is based on that.

As far as what people will pay, right now the economy is booming. The stock market is WAY over-valued, it's a complete bubble, but, it makes a lot of people feel 'rich' when they see the numbers on paper of what they're 'worth'. I think there will be a fair number of people who will be willing to pay GT350 prices for a 'limited edition' car, especially one that evokes such nostalgia as the Bullitt. After all, it's targeted to people who remember the movie, 'older' buyers who often have more money to spend.

Then there are the dealers and their bottomless, endless greed. I can totally see ADMs that will just take your breath away (and not in a good way). Just take a look at what's happening with GT350's. A few months ago I toyed with the idea of getting one. There seem to be a LOT of them languishing on dealer lots around the country. Many of them still have insane ADMs on them that dealers are unwilling to negotiate. Most dealers are looking for the 'big score' on the cars, and would rather let them gather dust and wait for a sucker than sell them for less. I saw new unsold 2016's still with ADM's.

I can see the same thing happening with the Bullitt. Even when the 2020's come out, I can see dealers saying 'Now the Bullitt's out of production!' and still sticking with ADMs.

We'll find out in a couple of months. Let's hope for the best, but, don't be surprised at greed...

Last edited:
Reactions: 113

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
In March go in and order a striped down version. If anyone pays ADM for this car they are nuts!!! There is no limit on the number of units produced. You can walk in and order the car you want with no ADM. If not on the day order banks open, one month after you will.

Especially when competing with the GT500.

Sponsored

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
When it comes to ADM Raptors, GT500,GT350 and the loser Thunderbirds will be purchased by those who have the money regardless of the amount. A salesperson can say whatever they want and the purchaser can walk whenever they want. There will always be diehard brand followers - good for those to do so. The days of purchasing for investment are long gone as none of the current models have a credible history other than the local race course.

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Mustang Bullitt K-3298
This is equally awesome wih the GT PP2 so GT PP2 or bullitt? what’s the main differences between the two? both will be awesome

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
This is equally awesome wih the GT PP2 so GT PP2 or bullitt? what’s the main differences between the two? both will be awesome
Bullitt gets (that we know of)
GT350 intake mani
GT350 inspired intake
87MM Throttlebody
Bullitt specific mufflers w/ black tips.
Bullitt styling

PP2 gets (that we know of)
Retuned Magnaride(unclear what that means)
Upgraded front/rear swaybars
Upgraded tires on wider wheels
Spring upgrade
PP2 Styling

I personally already plan to swap the PP2 bars, springs and lip if the Bullitt doesn't have its own versions that differ from the PP1.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Everyone that’s scared of markups must not know how to shop around. It’s not hard everyone, drive a few hours, make a road trip out of it. If you pay ADM on any car it’s your own fault.

I’d be stunned if Bullitt package costs more than PP2. Remember things get cheaper when you bundle them so it’s not a simple math question of adding up numbers. PP2 should be more expensive considering what you get, but it’s not. Wider wheels, sport cup 2 tires and beefier suspension all equal more than $800 yet that’s all it costs over a PP1 MR car. I still believe I can get the window sticker under 50k for a Bullitt with electronics pack and MR, no Recaros. We’ll see. Hopefully we’ll know before March.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Everyone that’s scared of markups must not know how to shop around. It’s not hard everyone, drive a few hours, make a road trip out of it. If you pay ADM on any car it’s your own fault.

I’d be stunned if Bullitt package costs more than PP2. Remember things get cheaper when you bundle them so it’s not a simple math question of adding up numbers. PP2 should be more expensive considering what you get, but it’s not. Wider wheels, sport cup 2 tires and beefier suspension all equal more than $800 yet that’s all it costs over a PP1 MR car. I still believe I can get the window sticker under 50k for a Bullitt with electronics pack and MR, no Recaros. We’ll see. Hopefully we’ll know before March.

If you remember, Molly mentioned several times her father wanted an affordable car.. and she mentions that several times.
Sponsored