Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Stripper Bullitt: $48,995 or $49,995 (good luck finding one, will be as rare as base GT350s as dealers will check off option boxes)

Plus Options (if any):

Bullitt Electronics Package: $1995 - $2495 (has much of Smart & Safe plus upgraded stereo, I think $1995 but Ford could get a little greedy)

Magnaride: $1695

Recarro Seats: $1595
I think $48,995 sounds about right, although less would be nice of course. I think the Electronics pack could be cheaper though. On the Bullitt, all the expensive stuff from Safe & Smart isn't included, no adaptive cruise, auto high beam, lane keeping system, automatic emergency braking (most expensive part) or the auto windshield wipers. Just the blind spot and memory seats. Nav is part of electronics pack but that already comes with 401A that these cars all have standard so I wouldn't factor that into the price. Shaker and BLIS are the only expensive parts, and on their own shouldn't be more than $1,495 I'd think combined, same price as Safe & Smart. Think swapping all the excluded Safe & Smart stuff for nav and a subwoofer and Ford might actually have a bigger margin on Electronics pack at $1,495 than they do on the Safe & Smart pack. I could see them charging $1,995 for it possibly but definitely not more than that.

I've clearly been thinking about all this way too much :p:headbonk:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
It maybe rare for a base one to be sitting at a dealership but that does not matter. Just go order one. No limit on production like the GT350 so you can get one build exactly how you want it

Folks should NOT have problem in finding them once initial rush wears off (both the 01 and 08 were limited but available as Ford actually produced and sold far less (1000+ less) then the 'limitations' (6500 for the 01 and 7700 for the 08/09) ...however most dealers will have long ordered and as buyers can legally walk away from custom orders most dealers may not be in tune with giving up allocation for a stripper car.

Ford is just not stating the actual limitation numbers at this time and I strongly doubt they will. This stuff is all done on program economics..and a business plan based upon X sales and Y price. The came up way short on sales in 01 and 08--thus going into 09 but still came up way short of the 08 projected 7700. Those kind of errors cost folks careers. Ford wants to walk the thin line of 'available' not scare off folks and garner bad press but still hand the 'limited edition' card to gather in attention and desire.

The 01 and 08/09 also had internal competition from the Cobra/GT500 that the 19 won't have. The GT350 will be gone...thus the internal speculation at Ford will be GTPP2 competition...which really ain't competition as most yahoos just look at the HP numbers...and for 2019 the Bullitt will be king. Yeah the GT500 is coming with more...but it will be pricey and a year away and the gotta have it now crowd won't wait as they flit from car to car...

And yeah there is an allocation system for them (Ford has allocation systems for even mere GT Mustangs). And yes, within Ford some cars may be ordered as a sold retail order and not impact allocation...on the cars in higher demand Ford does charge a dealerships allocation with the sold retail order.

Last edited:

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
FULLY understand. but...think about the charge for the GT350 Electronics pak. Ford can get greedy at times..... and that is what concerns me. While $1495 and $2495 are real possibilities...I'm still 'feeling' $1999.

They didn't say "shaker"...do we know what the 'upgraded stereo is? What did you see????

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I think $48,995 sounds about right, although less would be nice of course. I think the Electronics pack could be cheaper though. On the Bullitt, all the expensive stuff from Safe & Smart isn't included, no adaptive cruise, auto high beam, lane keeping system, automatic emergency braking (most expensive part) or the auto windshield wipers. Just the blind spot and memory seats. Nav is part of electronics pack but that already comes with 401A that these cars all have standard so I wouldn't factor that into the price. Shaker and BLIS are the only expensive parts, and on their own shouldn't be more than $1,495 I'd think combined, same price as Safe & Smart. Think swapping all the excluded Safe & Smart stuff for nav and a subwoofer and Ford might actually have a bigger margin on Electronics pack at $1,495 than they do on the Safe & Smart pack. I could see them charging $1,995 for it possibly but definitely not more than that.

I'm still basing mine on the fact I was quoted 51K out the door for 401A, PP2, Shaker, Active Exhaust, Enhanced Security with 6% tax and tags.

I'm factoring in about $500 for special paint and $1k for the other stuff. So I'm anticipating about $52.5-53 for Bullitt, electronics, magnaride.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
FULLY understand. but...think about the charge for the GT350 Electronics pak. Ford can get greedy at times..... and that is what concerns me. While $1495 and $2495 are real possibilities...I'm still 'feeling' $1999.

They didn't say "shaker"...do we know what the 'upgraded stereo is? What did you see????
They wouldn't open the hood or trunk and when I mentioned Shaker they started getting vague, so could be something else. Also interesting that the usual Shaker logo on the bottom of the center stack by the power outlet was missing. This happened in the past on other cars so could be something, but might be meaningless too. I just can't see them offering all the stuff in Safe & Smart for $1,495 and then turn around and offer less in Electronics pack for more money, unless that upgraded stereo is something special. If the pack does end up being more, then I'd assume they wouldn't incorporate the full 401A package price into the Bullitt starting price since you don't get the nav on a base car.

We also have to remember the McQueen family and Warner Brother royalties though that we'll be paying for with the price, which is why I'm bracing for the car costing a little more than a similarly equipped regular Mustang should normally cost.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm still basing mine on the fact I was quoted 51K out the door for 401A, PP2, Shaker, Active Exhaust, Enhanced Security with 6% tax and tags.

I'm factoring in about $500 for special paint and $1k for the other stuff. So I'm anticipating about $52.5-53 for Bullitt, electronics, magnaride.
This is exactly what I'm expecting as well.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

We know its Sony or B&O. The car at the show did NOT say Shaker, the speaker grills also to not have a logo....

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Houston-- sorry but they will be limited (you keep posting this crap that they are unlimited--which is totally untrue, your total lack of knowledge of Ford, their ordering and internal allocation process is beyond clear).

Folks should NOT have problem in finding them once initial rush wears off (both the 01 and 08 were limited but available as Ford actually produced and sold far less (1000+ less) then the 'limitations' (6500 for the 01 and 7700 for the 08/09) ...however most dealers will have long ordered and as buyers can legally walk away from custom orders most dealers may not be in tune with giving up allocation for a stripper car.

Ford is just not stating the actual limitation numbers at this time and I strongly doubt they will. This stuff is all done on program economics..and a business plan based upon X sales and Y price. The came up way short on sales in 01 and 08--thus going into 09 but still came up way short of the 08 projected 7700. Those kind of errors cost folks careers. Ford wants to walk the thin line of 'available' not scare off folks and garner bad press but still hand the 'limited edition' card to gather in attention and desire.

The 01 and 08/09 also had internal competition from the Cobra/GT500 that the 19 won't have. The GT350 will be gone...thus the internal speculation at Ford will be GTPP2 competition...which really ain't competition as most yahoos just look at the HP numbers...and for 2019 the Bullitt will be king. Yeah the GT500 is coming with more...but it will be pricey and a year away and the gotta have it now crowd won't wait as they flit from car to car...

And yeah there is an allocation system for them (Ford has allocation systems for even mere GT Mustangs). And yes, within Ford some cars may be ordered as a sold retail order and not impact allocation...on the cars in higher demand Ford does charge a dealerships allocation with the sold retail order.
Press that were at the the Bullitt event were told there was not going to be limited production on the upcoming Bullitt. I'm sure some dealers will still try to take advantage with the initial shipments, but if production is not limited it seems much more likely that buyers who have patience would be able to order/find a car to their liking without paying dealer markup or for a bunch of expensive add-ons they don't want.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Talked with the marketing person, here’s some tidbits:
GT350 intake manifold and intake
Throttle body 87 mm
PP1 based
MR optional
Digital gauges standard
Recaros optional
475 hp at least
Non-limited production
Numbered chassis
Green or black
Unique Active exhaust standard
Houston-- sorry but they will be limited (you keep posting this crap that they are unlimited--which is totally untrue, your total lack of knowledge of Ford, their ordering and internal allocation process is beyond clear).

So, someone much more in the know than I is misinformed. Does Non-Limited production mean you won't be able to walk into any Ford dealership and order a Bullitt exactly how you want it? What would the allocations for the Bullitt compare to says those for a GT350 or GT350 R? Those were limited production, correct? Maybe I am just confused which is not hard to do.

And yes, I am ignorant on the whole allocation system and thank you for clearing it up for me considering non-limited production appears to not exactly mean that.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I think the Electronics pack could be cheaper though. On the Bullitt, all the expensive stuff from Safe & Smart isn't included, no adaptive cruise, auto high beam, lane keeping system, automatic emergency braking (most expensive part) or the auto windshield wipers. Just the blind spot and memory seats. Nav is part of electronics pack but that already comes with 401A that these cars all have standard so I wouldn't factor that into the price. Shaker and BLIS are the only expensive parts, and on their own shouldn't be more than $1,495 I'd think combined, same price as Safe & Smart.

From the Ford press release (which is also the first post of this thread)-

"Bullitt Electronics Package includes navigation, driver memory seats and mirrors, upgraded sound system and Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert that can alert customers of vehicles detected in difficult-to-see places"

The "stripper" Bullitt would have not have navigation, if I read this correctly. Essentially you would be getting the digital dash from the 401a array standard in the Bullitt, along with stitched interior surfaces.

The packaging is different, which is why I think it's hard to equip a GT Premium with 401a, active exhaust, and performance pack 1 for a price and then say it's comparable.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
That same press release also identifies the car as limited -

"New limited-edition Mustang Bullitt features retuned 5.0-liter V8 engine that packs at least 475 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque and tops out at 163 mph"

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Limited edition and limited production are different animals is how I read it. Meaning Limited edition in that it will only be produced for a certain number of model years i.e. only for 2019 and 2020 model years. Limited production would imply only x number of units would be produced during the given production year.

Non-limited production on a limited edition would imply they will build as many as they can sell during the production of the limited edition be it 1,000 units or 10,000 units. Where as the GT350 was both a limited edition and limited production. Only x number of units to be produced for 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 regardless of demand.

But hell, feel free to correct my interpretation of the perceived production of the Bullitt. It may be bass awarkds and non-limited production, limited edition, or limited production may mean something completely different.