turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Same E85 tester I have lol.

Congrats TW, you really took that car to the next level in last 3-4 months.
Thank you. It all means nothing if I can't pilot this bucket into the 8's this season. The snow is falling in MN again, oy vey.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Does anyone have a fuel pump activation indicator or light that they've wired in from the fuel controller? Something that shows the 2nd and 3rd pump are running.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/solarflare’s-better-late-than-never-build-thread.104447/page-6

first post. These are more in case I burn a fuse in the FC3 (which is not uncommon) but would work for you, as soon as you get the trigger for your 2nd or 3rd pump these lights would theoretically come on for you, while pump #1 would always be on.
So you just wired them into the output of the fuel controller? Seems simple enough and a wise precaution. Thank you!

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Yessir between controller and pump anywhere you want or can get it to. I peek at it every now and then before and after pulls.

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
While the LEDs are a good indicator of output to the pump, it does not give any indication to other fuel related issues. Weak pump, clogged filter, pressure dropping off or dead pump. Manually test multi pump setups frequently.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
While the LEDs are a good indicator of output to the pump, it does not give any indication to other fuel related issues. Weak pump, clogged filter, pressure dropping off or dead pump. Manually test multi pump setups frequently.
Great advice. I think I'll write a jig to do that safely to try starting the car on each pump individually now and then. Thoughts?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Testing all 3 from time to time will just tell you that they do or don't work at that time.... With your setup at full disco dropping 1 of the secondary pumps will no doubt starve it for fuel. I don't know the specifics but @80FoxCoupe runs the AEM wideband failsafe system if it goes lean(which you've already danced with the devil about LOL) to dump the BOV. Ideally set the Nguage to combined afr only as 1 single big gauge that is easy to see in your peripheral vision via colors or seomthing that afr is within your set WOT happy range. Or I believe but don't quote me I think you can configure the ngauge to output to an led or something 12v reference to alert you if AFR is out of predefined range. But it would be on anytime outside of WOT.

Edit: I stand corrected he did not end up running the AEM.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Agree its not an indicator of weak pump. its an indicator of interrupted power. My Fore system had a blown fuse when it was installed and have read of others having same issue.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Something like this could be wired with dpdt relay to light up if fuel pressure drops below set point. Fuel pressure would be better than afr since it happens first and widebands take time (albeit not very much) to react and show change by then it's headed towards too late. Set this to just below your normal idle fuel pressure (assuming 47 or so with vacuum reference hooked up). Maybe a little lower since decel in gear vacuum would be slightly higher resulting in slightly lower fuel press on decel. It's factory set at 35 psi, I would prob personally set it a little higher than that. Fuel will slowly starve if 1 of the 2 secondary pumps fail. It's a tough spot since boosted wot fuel press is prob around 75 psi, so anything less than that will start to lean out. But you don't want an LED lit up all the time not full boogie. At the end of the day it's just one of the 1,000 different things that are susceptible to failure that you can't really effectively safeguard against.

https://nitrousoutlet.com/i-30559950-fuel-pressure-safety-switch-only-high-pressure.html

edit:! you could also add in a switch to only activate said LED when you are concerned. IE: staging, or preparing for a mexico run. Set it at like 65 psi or less to activate LED.

Last edited:
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Does the ngauge accept a fuel pressure analog input to the back of it??
It accepts zeitronix, which accepts fuel pressure/etc. I like the idea of playing with an adjustable fuel pressure switch to do something.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Does the ngauge accept a fuel pressure analog input to the back of it??
no, and yes. The analog inputs are 5v. So need zeitronix, or boost box omega for fuel sensor input. or exact resistors added to the 12 v circuit and custom correction factor, and correction offset.
Sponsored