OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Upr dual valve catch can is in. My buddy knocked that out last night. holy crap what a giant pain in the ass. My stupidity for not watching the install video prior to knocking it out but shame on Tune+ and UPR for not sending me the correct hose. Being the most expensive kit for this car I expected it to be 100% perfect, however a critical hose was missing a quick connect and forced a late night Lowe's run to find something to substitute. Thank God my buddy is a genius with cars and engineered a solution. All in all its i nice piece, good quality. There is one annoying part to the design, it appears that due to the location of it being just above the AC line, I'll have to remove the strut tower brace and remove the can to unscrew it and drain it. Hopefully it's a every oil change thing and not more often than that cause that's a pain. But piece of mind is nice to have.

Final thought, had I realized I had to take the intake manifold off and remove the pcv plate, I would have bought the radium engineering one and saved some of the headache. Honestly didn't realize that was part of the install. Live and learn I guess
Sponsored

Deleted member

Upr dual valve catch can is in. My buddy knocked that out last night. holy crap what a giant pain in the ass. My stupidity for not watching the install video prior to knocking it out but shame on Tune+ and UPR for not sending me the correct hose. Being the most expensive kit for this car I expected it to be 100% perfect, however a critical hose was missing a quick connect and forced a late night Lowe's run to find something to substitute. Thank God my buddy is a genius with cars and engineered a solution. All in all its i nice piece, good quality. There is one annoying part to the design, it appears that due to the location of it being just above the AC line, I'll have to remove the strut tower brace and remove the can to unscrew it and drain it. Hopefully it's a every oil change thing and not more often than that cause that's a pain. But piece of mind is nice to have.

Final thought, had I realized I had to take the intake manifold off and remove the pcv plate, I would have bought the radium engineering one and saved some of the headache. Honestly didn't realize that was part of the install. Live and learn I guess
Did you order through Tune+ or UPR? I'm pretty shocked to hear that they sent you the wrong house. Exactly the reason I did the Radium plate in my car, when I had the intake manifold off I wanted to swap it while i was in there. After taking the manifold off a few times now it gets easier each time and I can have the whole thing off in 30-40 minutes. You should be able to unscrew the can while it's still in the car, just loosen the bolt and turn it toward the front of the car some more, that's what I do for mine. Unless the 18+ ac lines are routed a little differently.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Did you order through Tune+ or UPR? I'm pretty shocked to hear that they sent you the wrong house. Exactly the reason I did the Radium plate in my car, when I had the intake manifold off I wanted to swap it while i was in there. After taking the manifold off a few times now it gets easier each time and I can have the whole thing off in 30-40 minutes. You should be able to unscrew the can while it's still in the car, just loosen the bolt and turn it toward the front of the car some more, that's what I do for mine. Unless the 18+ ac lines are routed a little differently.
Ordered from tune+, first they shipped to the wrong address and then one of the hoses just had one end with nothing. Tried everything to make it fit. Ended up making a new hose and rigging the factory connect to it. It's annoying given the price of the kit but it's on and done so oh well.

Ya I should have watched the video first. Totally didn't know removing that was part of it or I would have bought that part too. Whoops lol that one was on me

On my car the AC line is directly under the catch can location. Almost touching. So I think removal will have to happen when I need to empty it.

Deleted member

Ordered from tune+, first they shipped to the wrong address and then one of the hoses just had one end with nothing. Tried everything to make it fit. Ended up making a new hose and rigging the factory connect to it. It's annoying given the price of the kit but it's on and done so oh well.

Ya I should have watched the video first. Totally didn't know removing that was part of it or I would have bought that part too. Whoops lol that one was on me

On my car the AC line is directly under the catch can location. Almost touching. So I think removal will have to happen when I need to empty it.
Wow that's surprising, Tune+ has never been an issue for me ordering parts, must've been having a bad day. Have you contacted them to see if they'll do anything to make it right?

Interesting about the A/C line ill snap a picture so you can compare how I have mine mounted, it would definitely get annoying having to remove the entire can everytime you want to empty it.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Wow that's surprising, Tune+ has never been an issue for me ordering parts, must've been having a bad day. Have you contacted them to see if they'll do anything to make it right?

Interesting about the A/C line ill snap a picture so you can compare how I have mine mounted, it would definitely get annoying having to remove the entire can everytime you want to empty it.
Ya I'd be curious to see how you have it mounted. I haven't decided if I'm going to call them yet. Don't know if there is a point since it's installed

Sponsored

philipchai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium (Lightning Blue)
With that info. I am glad I did what I did.

$285 CPE FMIC (got it on black friday
$550 ford tune, but sold the Gt350 CAI for 250.
$300 for CPE CAI (I thought it looked badass)
$275 GT brakes.
$1200-1400 for full suspension/sway/struts/everything.
---2300 bucks in upgrades, and it sits 1 inch lower, and drives nice with a stance.

I imagine its same performance as the HIPO, dare I say better due to Steeda and I guarantee the HIPO intercooler isn't as large as CPE FMIC.

If I was in the market, I would buy features I wanted - and color, and just upgrade the actual characteristics via aftermarket. I really thought the HIPO had a substantially stronger block, and was honestly all for it. Even wanted to test drive one, but no dealer here has any.
Hi Donald, I just had Evergreen Ford installed the 2018-2019 Calibration for me.. My question is if I would have to upgrade my wheels from 18 inch to 19 inch, do I have to have them recal it for me again?

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

The PD tune is awesome!! I mean it's totally bonkers. Just version 1 thus far but man oh man the difference over the Cobb tune is insane. I can get full boost at half throttle which is very cool. Thing pulls like a freight train compared to the Cobb tune and stock lol, stock is a joke. Why didn't the car come like this from the factory?

Couple of items I'm curious about. How accurate is the factory boost gauge? Normally it holds at 22psi and now it's holding at 25psi. Also I did push it hard yesterday on my way home, and I noticed that the fans that come on when I turn it off came on harder than I have ever heard them before. Is that normal with a protune? Finally I noticed that after the second start up it had noticably more power. Should I send the datalogs of the first start up or do a new set of logs and send those?

Last edited:

philipchai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium (Lightning Blue)
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

The PD tune is awesome!! I mean it's totally bonkers. Just version 1 this far but man oh man the difference over the Cobb tune is insane. I can get full boost at half throttle which is very cool. Thing pulls like a freight train compared to the Cobb tune and stock lol, stock is a joke. Why didn't the car come like this from the factory?

Couple of items I'm curious about. How accurate is the factory boost gauge? Normally it holds at 22psi and now it's holding at 25psi. Also I did push it hard yesterday on my way home, and I noticed that the fans that come on when I turn it off came on harder than I have ever heard them before. Is that normal with a protune? Finally I noticed that after the second start up it had noticably more power. Should I send the datalogs of the first start up or do a new set of logs and send those?
Hi Sam, it took my car like 75 miles of driving to learn it. After that, I switched to Sport + then I realized its different, its smoother on Sport+ now. And I tried to drive Sport+ on highway, i can definitely feel the torque and power kick in when I pushed it up to 3,000+ rpm... And then I tried -.- to slow it down, I realized I was driving 95 mph on a 60 mph highway... But its crazy fast now the car...

Deleted member

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

The PD tune is awesome!! I mean it's totally bonkers. Just version 1 thus far but man oh man the difference over the Cobb tune is insane. I can get full boost at half throttle which is very cool. Thing pulls like a freight train compared to the Cobb tune and stock lol, stock is a joke. Why didn't the car come like this from the factory?

Haha!!! I told you, its amazing how much of a difference it is and it only gets better with each revision.

The factory boost gauge is pretty spot on and always seems to match the digital gauge on the cobb, but remember its not a mechanical gauge thats getting a feed off of the turbo, it reads from the PCM just like the cobb, its source is from the MAP sensor in the intake manifold. The fans coming on is from either the car getting a little hotter than on the stock tune, which is to be expected and I believe Ryan sets them to come on earlier and at full speed sooner. For the datalogs make sure you put a few miles on it before you do your log pulls, this will allow the car to learn the tune, it also has to relearn the Octane correction on the new tune, but it will do it quickly since youve already been running premium.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Haha!!! I told you, its amazing how much of a difference it is and it only gets better with each revision.

The factory boost gauge is pretty spot on and always seems to match the digital gauge on the cobb, but remember its not a mechanical gauge thats getting a feed off of the turbo, it reads from the PCM just like the cobb, its source is from the MAP sensor in the intake manifold. The fans coming on is from either the car getting a little hotter than on the stock tune, which is to be expected and I believe Ryan sets them to come on earlier and at full speed sooner. For the datalogs make sure you put a few miles on it before you do your log pulls, this will allow the car to learn the tune, it also has to relearn the Octane correction on the new tune, but it will do it quickly since youve already been running premium.
Thanks man I appreciate the response. I'll put on some miles today to get some better logs for him. How many miles should I do?

Also is 25psi safe or should I be asking him to back it down some? I mean the car feels amazing but I don't want to risk blowing it.

Sponsored

Deleted member

Thanks man I appreciate the response. I'll put on some miles today to get some better logs for him. How many miles should I do?

Also is 25psi safe or should I be asking him to back it down some? I mean the car feels amazing but I don't want to risk blowing it.
Id put 25-50 miles on it or so, thats what i did. I also had the same thing happen to me with boosting high on the first couple of revisions, i emailed Ryan with my concern, and if i remember correctly he told me its normal while he adjusts the boost tables and fine tunes the tune. The wastegate is stilling doing its job and preventing you from overboosting, im sure its not sustaining 25 psi, youre probably seeing that number during the initial boost spike under hard throttle, but you can always email or call Ryan to double check, hes very good at responding quickly.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Id put 25-50 miles on it or so, thats what i did. I also had the same thing happen to me with boosting high on the first couple of revisions, i emailed Ryan with my concern, and if i remember correctly he told me its normal while he adjusts the boost tables and fine tunes the tune. The wastegate is stilling doing its job and preventing you from overboosting, im sure its not sustaining 25 psi, youre probably seeing that number during the initial boost spike under hard throttle, but you can always email or call Ryan to double check, hes very good at responding quickly.
Awesome man. I mean I can only look for a few secs. Cause I don't want my eyes off the road. But I'll put some more on it and do the logs. How can I delete the current ones?

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Also forgot to mention, the sound the new wastegate makes is addicting lol. Not nearly as much as a bov. But it does make a good short hiss that is very audible at lower speeds when you get out of boost. I love it

Deleted member

Awesome man. I mean I can only look for a few secs. Cause I don't want my eyes off the road. But I'll put some more on it and do the logs. How can I delete the current ones?
When you sync the accessport to your computer and open up accessport manager, you can see how many logs you have on the cobb and delete any old ones. If you go on Ryans YouTube channel he has some great how to videos for data logging and how to properly send him the logs he needs.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
When you sync the accessport to your computer and open up accessport manager, you can see how many logs you have on the cobb and delete any old ones. If you go on Ryans YouTube channel he has some great how to videos for data logging and how to properly send him the logs he needs.
Lol didn't Know that. I sent him two last night. Hopefully I did it correctly
Sponsored