Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
because they couldn't meet emissions, so bombadier i believe builds them now. but i think some of that could be do to a good product but also brand loyalty as well, but iv personally had both gm and fords be awesome Ann's suck
You are thinking about Victory, (now out of business)
Indian now build their own motors, no longer S&S.

Harley still build their own big twin motors, now called Milwaukee eights.
Sorry for the derailment.....back on topic now!:clap2:
Sponsored

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
You are thinking about Victory, (now out of business)
Indian now build their own motors, no longer S&S.

Harley still build their own big twin motors, now called Milwaukee eights.
Sorry for the derailment.....back on topic now!:clap2:
actually victory ,polaris, owns and builds indians including motors in the plant they build the snowmobile motors. but on topic what deals are ppl getting got the pp2 cause the lowest i got to with the xplan was 57k before taxes. and that's going to 9 different dealers

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
actually victory ,polaris, owns and builds indians including motors in the plant they build the snowmobile motors. but on topic what deals are ppl getting got the pp2 cause the lowest i got to with the xplan was 57k before taxes. and that's going to 9 different dealers
In the US? 57K? Do you mean 47? If not then they are marking it up like 8-10K.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
yes sorry my phone likes to not cooperate with me
That's about what i'm expecting. I've got some feelers out to dealers right now.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
if i could have got one for that, thats what i would have ordered instead of the 1le

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
not true at all my dad is a die hard gm fan, it wouldn't matter if his gms fell apart he'd still never drive a ford. just like Harley guys, they ride like crap handle like crap and up till recently when someone else started building there motors made no power compared to a competitor like victory, but people still bought them
But the majority of people are not like your father and me, die hard. Most just buy what they think is a good car, value, etc;
I agree that every manufacturer has problems with cars and obviously some more than others. My comments on Camaros build quality compared to Mustangs is based off of 36 years of owning Mustangs and having a lot of friends, including my long time best friend, owning Camaros and their experiences with them as compared to mine with the Mustangs. I understand that my "small sample" does not necessarily represent the "big picture", but it's all I have to relate it to.

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
But the majority of people are not like your father and me, die hard. Most just buy what they think is a good car, value, etc;
I agree that every manufacturer has problems with cars and obviously some more than others. My comments on Camaros build quality compared to Mustangs is based off of 36 years of owning Mustangs and having a lot of friends, including my long time best friend, owning Camaros and their experiences with them as compared to mine with the Mustangs. I understand that my "small sample" does not necessarily represent the "big picture", but it's all I have to relate it to.
i completely understand where you are coming from, as the only small sample i have to base my judgment off is the different mustangs and camaros iv owned alomg with friends. to me they both have there issues and benefits

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
After that look at tubular front subframe, hopefully someone will make a rear tubular subframe *coughBMRcough*.
I wouldn't put a tubular subframe on a street car. Nobody has any data on how the car would fare with it in a wreck.

Are you in Columbia, MD? If so, that's not too far from NoVA. I can refer you to the manager who placed my order for me to see what he can do for you.

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I wouldn't put a tubular subframe on a street car. Nobody has any data on how the car would fare with it in a wreck.

Are you in Columbia, MD? If so, that's not too far from NoVA. I can refer you to the manager who placed my order for me to see what he can do for you.
thanks but I'm from columbia nj, i appreciate that though

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Biggest and somewhat easiest places to look for weight savings are the exhaust(~30lbs for a catback), front seats(easily 50lbs or more for lightweight fixed back seats), rear seat delete(about 20-30lbs if you remove all related hardware), wheels(20-40lbs for most cars, I'm going to assume the PP2 wheels are still going to be heavy despite what most people think about forged wheels), and mostly big weight savings can be found in the driver. :thumbsup:

After that look at tubular front subframe, hopefully someone will make a rear tubular subframe *coughBMRcough*.
Comparing the weight of OEM to aftermarket forged wheels isn't a great example.

OEM wheels are heavier because they have much higher standard for deflection and impact resistance than aftermarket wheels.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Comparing the weight of OEM to aftermarket forged wheels isn't a great example.

OEM wheels are heavier because they have much higher standard for deflection and impact resistance than aftermarket wheels.
Do we know for sure if the OEM PP2 wheels are forged? That would be great if true.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
This! I have been working on this! I am no stranger to the gym -- trouble is I love meat, and to go back for seconds. Rabbit food is cheap though, and probably a worthwhile place to take the weight off...
I feel like trying to eat healthier is expensive and part of that is the "rabbit" food. :D

I'm also curious how the big meats in front will hinder acceleration from a dig much -- I'm sure having as much out back helps offset that some. Grip seems to always be the issue with these cars -- one way or the other...
The PP2 is designed for road course performance not drag racing. If you are doing a lot of drag racing the PP1 and 10 speed auto is your best bet. However you could always do the old trick of over inflating the front tires a bit and take a few pounds out of the rear.
Sponsored