Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I sent the dealer a link to a Ruby Red one in New Jersey. He's agreed to get it for me to purchase, no extra charge and he says he's already got it lined up on standby. Of course, he wants his guy to drive it the 200 mi from NJ to CT, but I suspect he'll trailer it if I insist.

So I'm looking for some feedback from you good folks here: Would you get the sure thing, but a different color (though it's admittedly my second choice), or wait on the off-chance one in your first-choice color will become available?

I await your collective wisdom (and appreciate your patience with all the crazy).

Chris
It really depends how much more you like Lightning Blue. You don't want to have regret, but Ruby Red is a beautiful color so if it's not a distant second place, I'd probably go for it, as long as you won't kick yourself too much if the blue pops up later. Also depends if your desired configuration is really out of the ordinary. If so, the odds of it popping up in Lightning Blue might be smaller, therefore justifying the Ruby red.

Edit: just saw your configuration. I'd probably take my chances on waiting for the blue if I were you. What you're looking for isn't too rare, especially if you're willing to skip the S&S and Enhanced Security.
Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Chris, if the dang little mountain icon would work I would post a picture of our new Ruby Red GT. My avatar is too small to help you any. It's a beautiful color, and really shows off in the sun with a deep red wine color, an the right amount of metallic to make it show off the lines of the car.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RJYa5KNHp8bfkAKz9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RJOJ3xPS1kUnNwuM2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h8xtK7okmUuVxyWZA

BTW, I do understand the want of one color over another, and the choice you're up against. There are a few Lightning Blue ones in this search. You never know, one of these dealers may want to sell so bad they will help you out on the shipping cost. Good luck.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...rd=0&searchRadius=0&trimCodeList=MUST|Premium

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Chris, if the dang little mountain icon would work I would post a picture of our new Ruby Red GT. It's a beautiful color, and really shows off in the sun with a deep red wine color, an the right amount of metallic to make it show off the lines of the car. If anyone has any suggestion on a picture hosting site (besides Photobucket), I would appreciate the help.

BTW, I do understand the want of one color over another, and the choice you're up against. Good luck.
I would just resize the images and then post them as attachments.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I would just resize the images and then post them as attachments.
Thanks Bullitt, I see what I did wrong. I'm quite technologically challenged at times. :)

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Im just going to leave this here... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Delivered.jpeg
Delivered 2.jpeg

Sponsored

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Ordered my LB/Black Accent GT 6 speed on 2/3. It arrived at the dealer 5 days ahead of schedule and I took delivery yesterday.

Among other things I asked the dealer just to hose it down and let it air dry. I drove it home in the rain with the protective coverings still on the dash and seats. I spent all day today cleaning and detailing. Lightning Blue is intense in the sun.

Tonite it goes for it's first real drive....dying to hear the active exhaust.
IMG_2146.JPG

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Ordered my LB/Black Accent GT 6 speed on 2/3. It arrived at the dealer 5 days ahead of schedule and I took delivery yesterday.

Among other things I asked the dealer just to hose it down and let it air dry. I drove it home in the rain with the protective coverings still on the dash and seats. I spent all day today cleaning and detailing. Lightning Blue is intense in the sun.

It's a beauty Tom. We have something in common too, we both had to drive home in the rain. Also, you will love the active exhaust. I decided to put it on ours at the last minute, and really glad I did. Enjoy the ride.

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
It's a beauty Tom. We have something in common too, we both had to drive home in the rain. Also, you will love the active exhaust. I decided to put it on ours at the last minute, and really glad I did. Enjoy the ride.
Thanks. I was messing around in the driveway, revving it in the different modes. Sport and Normal sound the same, at least at idle and a few rev bursts. I'll find out later if Sport opens up at speed.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD

Congrats on that sweet Vert.:headbang:

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I was messing around in the driveway, revving it in the different modes. Sport and Normal sound the same, at least at idle and a few rev bursts. I'll find out later if Sport opens up at speed.
Honestly I can't tell the difference either. But, to me it sounds so good in normal I'm happy enough with that.

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Glad to see more of you getting your rides. I’m 200 miles in and I love, love, love this car.

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Took it on it's first real drive since I brought it home in the rain yesterday...visited several fellow Mustang Club members that were anxious to see and hear the car.

Their reaction as I drove back and forth in second gear in Sport exhaust mode was a lot of clapping and hootin' and hollerin'.

By the way, I'm the youngest of this group at age 65. Us old farts love these things too.

djldoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
congrats on everyone getting their cars, we've all suffered on here long enough....but they're coming in just in time for the summer

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
congrats on everyone getting their cars, we've all suffered on here long enough....but they're coming in just in time for the summer
Even though I just got mine after ordering on Feb 2, I can't complain. Even if it arrived 2 months ago, the weather in the Northeast would have kept it in the garage anyway. It would have been far worse having it but not being able to use it, then not having it until the last day in April.
Sponsored