Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
Key fob Remote start is included with ALL A10 Mustang trim except ecoboost 100A.

So 101A 200A 201A 300A 301A 400A 401A with the 10 speed auto get the remote start.
The information is in the order guide
Are you sure about the remote start is there with 200A and 400A package?
Cuz in the description of these packages it is not mentioned.

Also, I spoke to Ford dealers and they are saying they cannot install a Sync Connect externally after the build is complete. It needs to be factory assembled.

So the only option for me to get a remote start in my mustang is to install an external device which they said will cost me 275 including all charges. But that will have another Key Fob for it and not integrated into my ford Key Fob.

Does anyone have any better way out for this?
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

Also, I spoke to Ford dealers and they are saying they cannot install a Sync Connect externally after the build is complete. It needs to be factory assembled.

So the only option for me to get a remote start in my mustang is to install an external device which they said will cost me 275 including all charges. But that will have another Key Fob for it and not integrated into my ford Key Fob.

My friend has a 2017 EB Premium with only the Pony package, he's got the remote start on the keyfob. Just look at your key, if it has the remote start button, it'll have the feature, otherwise you'll get a different keyfob.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
It'll probably be in transit tomorrow when cotus updates.
WOOHOO! I hope so! I'm hoping I'll get it sooner than the 9th. If so I'll have to call Geico and have them change the start date of the insurance. Which I'm sure all they have to do is press some buttons.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting thing, was just on my cotus checker gmail account to see if everything is normal, and saw that there was one car got delivered yesterday 12/26. So I guess they're still transporting the cars even with the holidays, thank you unknown truck/rail driver! And guess what, up till yesterday the EDD was still 12/30, and today it says delivered 12/26. lol

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting thing, was just on my cotus checker gmail account to see if everything is normal, and saw that there was one car got delivered yesterday 12/26. So I guess they're still transporting the cars even with the holidays, thank you unknown truck/rail driver! And guess what, up till yesterday the EDD was still 12/30, and today it says delivered 12/26. lol
Dang! My window sticker says it was updated(via your awesome cotus checker) nothing was updated though. So maybe their getting ready to put it on my car? Not sure how that works since this is my first custom ordered car. But so excited to receive this beast!!!

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dang! My window sticker says it was updated(via your awesome cotus checker) nothing was updated though. So maybe their getting ready to put it on my car? Not sure how that works since this is my first custom ordered car. But so excited to receive this beast!!!
Well, updated just means the window sticker file is different from before, the script doesn't check what actually changed.

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red
At midnight my Edd is came off cotus was supposed to be delivered today..........

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10

Yes the 400A has remote start. Mine does and it's a 400A.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Hey everyone,

So finally got the deal done with the dealer. Originally, I placed a factory order on 11/19/17 and later found that the car wont be delivered until first week of March. Luckily, I was able to find the exact one 150 miles from where I live. The MSRP is $47,865 and I was able to get an OTD price of $45,900. I have attached the window sticker for those interested. Unfortunately, I cannot pick up the car until Ford releases the software/hardware fix for the recall on all 2018 Mustang's with auto trans + lcd dash built before 11/30. The dealer says the fix is coming mid January (fingers crossed) because the wait is killing me :D

Attachments

Last edited:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone,

So finally got the deal done with the dealer. Originally, I placed a factory order on 11/19/17 and later found that the car wont be delivered until first week of March. Luckily, I was able to find the exact one 150 miles from where I live. The MSRP is $47,865 and I was able to get an OTD price of $45,900. I have attached the window sticker for those interested. Unfortunately, I cannot pick up the car until Ford releases the software/hardware fix for the recall on all 2018 Mustang's with LCD Instrument panel. The dealer says the fix is coming mid January (fingers crossed) because the wait is killing me :D
Correction, not all 2018 with lcd dash, only the auto trans with lcd dash built before 11/30 (or was it 11/28 can't remember).

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Yes the 400A has remote start. Mine does and it's a 400A.
FYI according to the 11/1/2017 version of the order guide all automatics except trim packages 100A and 300A include the "key fob" version of remote start.

Trim packages 201A and 401A also include:

• SYNC® Connect
- Remotely start (auto only), lock and unlock vehicle*
- Schedule specific times to remotely start (auto only) vehicle*
- Locate parked vehicle*
- Check vehicle status*
- Wi-Fi® hotspot connects up to 10 devices**
SYNC Connect with Ford Pass
With a SYNC Connect-equipped vehicle, you can use Ford Pass to track your vehicle’s location and remotely access vehicle features such as start, lock and unlock and vehicle status including fuel level and approximate mileage. You can also schedule specific times to remotely start your vehicle so it’s ready to hit the road as soon as you are. Ford Pass is available through a free download via the Apple App Store® or Google Play™. Message and data rates may apply. Services may be limited by mobile phone network coverage area.

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red
My car is in transit to the dealer....... EDD 12/30....... Drinks on the house..........

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
My car is in transit to the dealer....... EDD 12/30....... Drinks on the house..........
Congrats!! Mine is still awaiting shipment.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase